Welcome Wednesday: Things you don't want to do alone?

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

With all the excitement of Team '23 and everyone talking all about it, I thought I'd break for a week and give you something else to think/talk about.

I grew up watching Power Rangers and I'm still a big fan to this day (yes they still have new seasons and episodes coming out).  My son has also become a fan of them as well.

MV5BMTlmNzdiOWUtZmZiYi00ODkyLTk5ZGMtMTcwNzk1MmNjNjZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Today, Netflix has released - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always!  The are bringing back a number of the members of the original cast in a new adventure many years after they hung up their suits.

I have asked my son to wait until I get back home, because I would like to watch it with him for the first time.

Which brings me to this week's question: Are there things that you really like to experience with other people?  Or are you good just to be able to have the experience by yourself?

Personally, I'm not huge into large crowds (which is a tad ironic that I'm in Vegas for Team '23).  But, there's something about the collective experience of being with others when you see something funny or amazing that makes it more enjoyable for me.

So, how about you?  Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great rest of the week!

13 comments

Comment

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Good morning, Las Vegas!

That is really an interesting theme choice @Jimmy Seddon :)

Same as you, I stay away from the crowd (maybe that is why I escaped Team 23), and usually prefer to handle most of the things in life by myself.

However, as simple and ordinary as may sound, I don't like to eat alone or spend time preparing a meal for myself. I'm usually having one main meal a day (outside my quick, between-meetings oatmeal for lunch) and it's a moment with a special place in my mindset. 

At home, if we are unable to have dinner together, I would probably eat something straight from the kitchen counter or walk around with a pack of rice cakes. 

hungry-cat.gif

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Interesting thanks for sharing @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_, I can understand the desire to share a meal with someone else especially when you have prepared it yourself. We miss you here in Vegas.  Maybe next year?

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

I saw the dates... made me think 😎 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

Great topic! I find that I enjoy working out more when I do it with others and an added bonus is that I push myself harder, too! Running is something I enjoy doing solo - especially because my schedule makes it so I can randomly fit a run in here and there and planning to do it with a friend is trickier. However, we recently joined a local gym and I'm loving getting back to group fitness classes. 

I also agree with Teodora - eating with others always makes dining more of an experience and less of a routine. 

Hope you have a great time in Las Vegas, @Jimmy Seddon

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

Ahh... I can see that, a little friendly competition benefits everyone.  Thank you @Amanda Barber it has been a really great time so far.

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

I agree with both @Amanda Barber and @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ about eating and working out with other people.

I also prefer traveling and site seeing  with a companion or small group. My companion may point out things I would otherwise miss. Also to me the experience is more fun when I can relive the memories later with another person.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

I like to travel with my wife! Like @Trudy Claspill stated, she points out (all the time) things that I miss (all the time). So it's very nice to have someone who is really really really interested in learning the smallest detail about the place we are visiting and spoon-feeding them to me :) 

Holidays for me is something that I enjoy very much spending with others. Especially when preparing the food together and bring all our children to play. Lots of laughs!!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

That's a great topic, @Jimmy Seddon !

I also agree with @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ and @Amanda Barber about sharing a meal with other people, especially when you have prepared it yourself.

I also like to watch movies with my wife and kids as well as watch Cricket matches with my friends and wife (which is rare, because she is no longer interested in watching Cricket or any other sports). I feel more excited and happier to watch the sport together, especially when our favorite team is winning.

Wish you all have a very happy Wednesday and great rest of the week!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

This is a thought provoking topic @Jimmy Seddon!

I agree with @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_ and @Amanda Barber about sharing a meal as well, but I like doing all sorts of things with other people. I tend to need less alone time than most do as I like being around others. I like to watch movies and shows with my boyfriend and sometimes with my sister. I find if I watch a movie or show that my boyfriend would have loved to see I almost feel guilty for it. I love spending holidays with my family as @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ does. I also love hiking with others as you never hike alone! That's a big no no! And finally, my favorite thing to do with someone else, typically my boyfriend is go to Sun Devil Football games! I've been to many football games alone and it is so much more fun going with someone else. 

Have a good rest of the week everyone! 

Like # people like this
Getjan_lammers April 20, 2023

Hey Jimmy, Yes what is a Wednesday Without Warmth.....
i love to do activities with others, whether playing billiards with @funmanandy ; attending an ACE in NL or DE; doing retro's with my ERP squad.

What i really like is watching movies with my almost adult daughters in cinema or a streaming service of their choice. You will also find me training with others in cycling and body combat.
As a social creature i surely need the interaction with other people...and physically with my spouse....
Weekend wanderings with family & friends and odd moments just quiet with a book which are always available. A nice read is Freckles by Cecilia Ahern.....a story about 'me and the 5 most important persons in my life'. Have a Terrific Thursday

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2023

There is one specific experience that comes to mind from your post @Jimmy Seddon

I grew up in a house of 3 boys, and we were all massive Star Wars fans. We watched the original trilogy over 150 times, and many of those with our parents. When the sequels and other Star Wars cannon films (Rogue One) started hitting the theaters in 2015 we rekindled this family custom and all went together to see each of the films. It is really the only intentional time we all spent together in the past decade and I felt like an 8 year old again going to the movies with my parents and siblings. It was amazing. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Like # people like this
Brian Trepto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Troubleshooting

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Pip Bennington May 1, 2023

Working out .. its both solitary and companionable.

People enjoying the challenge of working together to achieve their own goals, with a little laughter and fun in the gym.

Shared goals of working out, but each to their own level.

Now if I could just find someone to go to the gym with ... :)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events