Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: So long and thanks for all the fish!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I am officially moving today! Yes this has been scheduled ahead of time. My wife and I have been in our current place for almost 15 years. We are moving to a smaller community in between both of our families so that we are only a few minutes away instead of a few hours away.

This week I don’t have a question for you, I want to share my gratitude. Over the past 5 years I have been actively involved in the Online Community I have had the pleasure of interacting with all of you, and even had the joy of being able to meet many of you in person as the various Atlassian events. Thank you all for your willingness to participate in these threads over the past 3 years and to sharing bits of your personal lives with everyone.

The greatest thing about the online community is that it doesn’t matter where you live, you are always welcome to participate. Because of this I have no intentions of leaving or stopping my participation, and I look forward to all of our future conversations.

Have a great rest of the week!

21 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2024

Like # people like this
Ingo W_ July 3, 2024

Wish you all the best! Family first.

Like # people like this
Amanda Mateo July 3, 2024

Screenshot 2024-07-03 081143.png

and we will see ya when you get back, wishing you the smoothest of moves ;)

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2024

It’s wonderful that you and your wife are transitioning to a smaller community closer to both your families and wishing you a smooth transition.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2024

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon !! Blessings on your move to the new location. We'll see you back here soon.  :-)

Like # people like this
Lanetta Mathis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2024

Kudos on moving! It can be a lot, especially since you all have been in your home for 15 years. 

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_Cprime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2024

Good luck with your move!

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2024

Good luck with the move! I hope it is not too hot, doesn't rain, and that your families are so happy that you're moving closer that they are willing to come help unpack boxes and arrange furniture. 💪

Oh, and thanks for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2024

Love this post, @Jimmy Seddon - I wish you the best on a smooth move! Hopefully you don't have any pivot moments and we'll see you back once you're settled in!

Moving Season 5 GIF by Friends

Like # people like this
Carlos Aleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2024

Thank you for this post, I recently joined the community and it is great to see how wholesome it can be. Congrats and good luck with your moving.

Like # people like this
Kate C_
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 3, 2024

Good luck with the move, @Jimmy Seddon! We're lucky to have you in this community.

hitchhikers.gif

Like # people like this
sayiam arora
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2024

congratulations and all the best for future milestones.

Like # people like this
Sven Finsterwalder July 5, 2024

good luck for your movement.

Like # people like this
devcode.software
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 6, 2024

wish you all best in new place :) 

Like # people like this
Teodora V _Fun Inc_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2024

Finally, you made it to MOVE DAY! 💙

Congrats on this big move, dear friend. As always, I am forever grateful to the Community for giving me the opportunity to meet my best buddies (who live so far away from me.)

Like # people like this
Yousuf Raza July 8, 2024

Good luck :) 

Like # people like this
s_mokhov July 8, 2024

How do you get GIFs going?

Like # people like this
Jonathan Cluff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 9, 2024

what will your next post be about

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2024

@s_mokhov - you can paste a GIF that you find on giphy.com (or wherever you find your GIFs) in as an image.

Like # people like this
Lia Wieldraaijer July 10, 2024

Have a great day!

Like # people like this
Frank Tanneberger August 7, 2024

Good luck with u move. Hoep u are welcome in teh new community.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events