Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Hello, my name is...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

For all you parents out there, it’s almost time for the little ones (or not so little ones) to go back to school. For my son, he will be entering grade 1. He will have a new teacher and new classmates to introduce himself to. It’s been a while since we simply introduced ourselves and there have been many new members that have joined the community.

So for this week:

• What’s your name?

• Where are you from?

• What’s something you do in your spare time that isn’t posting on the Atlassian Community

Alright I’ll kick things off:

I’m Jimmy! You can find me in Guelph which is a small town outside of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Outside of work and the Atlassian Community, you can find me streaming video games on Twitch for charity supporting children’s hospitals.

20230728_071743.jpg

I’d love to hear more about all of you!

Have a great rest of the week!

15 comments

Comment

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2023

Hi I'm Craig.
You can find me on your way to Jimmy's.
I live in Brampton Ontario Canada, a small city in the Greater Toronto Area.
Outside of work or the Atlassian community, you'll usually find me at our cabin in the woods or at a Rock & Roll show.  My hair gets cut off every 3 years and the ponytail and any monies I can raise go to Angel Hair For Children.  Did you know it takes up to 12 ponytails and 2000.00 dollars to make a single wig for a child with cancer!!  Now you know.
30051_1475688689707_5767268_n.jpg39973389_10216658245626069_7190348734717231104_n.jpg

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2023

Hello Everyone! 

I'm Andy (Online Andy / SMA - Serious Man Andy not to be confused with Events Andy / FMA - Fun Man Andy!) and I am from Far Rockaway, New York in the United States. I'm originally from Bay Shore, further out on Long Island, and a lot of my posts here are memories of growing up there. When I'm not posting in the community you can find me on my bicycle riding with my local club the 5TRIDERS OR sitting forlornly thinking about my bicycle when I can't be out on it!

Looking forward to meeting you!

IMG_0969.jpg

Like # people like this
Sue Wilson August 30, 2023

Happy Wednesday, All!!

My name is Susan (Sue) Wilson.  Born and raised in the beautiful Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania.  I recently moved to the Susquehanna Valley in south central PA...aka farm country.  The difference in population, (lack of) hustle & bustle, and overall cost of living drove me to it (oh, and marrying my high school sweetheart <3).  When I'm not working or posting in the Atlassian Community, I'm driving between these two beautiful PA Valleys to visit my kiddos and grandbabies.  When at home, I love hanging with our overly energetic pup (Rhodesian Ridgeback/Weimaraner mix), working on DIY projects, or just chilling with a good Netflix binge!  

Family.PNG
(pic1: Daughter, Grand#1, Grand#2, born May, 22. pic2: pup. pic3: son & I, college grad May, 22)

Like # people like this
Chris Iacovelli August 30, 2023

Chris here.

You can find me in and around southern New Jersey usually within 45 minutes of Center City Philadelphia.

When I am not learning more from these Communities about C/J and building cool tools that employ them, I can be seen along the shores of the Delaware River casting (sometimes catching, always releasing) or surf fishing in Cape May county. I fish for the mindlessness and serenity found in doing something that requires very little thinking.

I also have a fair amount of useless trivia in my head (and yes, I have a huge noggin). I think it is hereditary as my father peaked K2, I am midway toward the summit, and I see my son on his way up from base camp.

FB_IMG_1556922848767.jpg

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2023

Hello Everyone!

I am Taranjeet Singh.

Originally from Ambala, a city in the state of Haryana in India. I lived in the US in various states like New York, New Jersey, and Indiana from Aug 2013 to May 2023 due to my Master's degree and profession. Recently, I have moved to Canada, and you can find me in Edmonton which is the capital city of the province of Alberta, Canada.

When I have some spare time out of my work and the Atlassian Community, I like to spend time with my kids, watching Bollywood movies or Cricket matches, and playing Cricket (on weekends) in some local Cricket tournaments in my city.

Have a great Wednesday and the rest of the week everyone!

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2023

Hi everyone, I'm Summer and I am from Gilbert, Arizona, USA! When I am not on the community or doing my day job as a Product Manager/Product Owner at CSAA Insurance Group (AKA AAA Insurance), I am traveling to places I have never been to, going to Sun Devil football games and events, building puzzles or Lego sets, going to vinyl record stores or swap meets, listening to music, attending rock concerts, or enjoying time outside when it's not over 100 degrees! Summer and Sparky.jpg

Like # people like this
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2023

Hi, 

I'm Dam from France. I'm currently leaving in a small village, 2 hours away from Bordeaux. 
Outside of work and the Atlassian Community, I love to go fishing 🎣 

dam-thailand2022-monster.jpgdam-1stcarp-2022.jpeg

Like # people like this
Chris Iacovelli August 31, 2023

@Dam - My fish envy reading just went off the charts.

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2023

Hi 

I'm Ben and I'm from San Francisco Bay Area, CA.

Other than hanging out in the community, I'm either running or playing legos.

Like # people like this
Jonathan García
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2023

Hello everyone, my name is Jonathan and I am very happy to be part of this community.
I live in Gran Canaria, Spain and in my free time I like to do sports and martial arts.
Greetings to all and thank you very much.

Like Amin Mustapha likes this
lawrencejandrew04
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2023

Hello my name is Lance and im from BC Canada. I like to play playstation on my time.

Like # people like this
Nirmani Kalakheti
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Hello, 

I am Nirmani Kalakheti and I'm originally from Nepal. Currently I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.

Like # people like this
Amin Mustapha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 11, 2023

Hello World!

I'm Amin from Malaysia. Anyone from Malaysia? Comment "Merdeka!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2023

Oops, I've had this sitting open in my tabs to come back to...here I am *finally* 

I'm Amanda! I live just outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. When I'm not hanging out here in the Atlassian Community, I am running my two daughters around to activities (9 and 12), reading, or training for an upcoming half marathon. I also enjoy seeing live concerts, theater, and musicals, walking and playing with my dog, and spending time with my family. 

We recently celebrated a family wedding, so here's a fancier picture of my little fam!

May be an image of 3 people and people smiling

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Prerna Sony
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2023

Hello Everyone,

My name is Prerna and I am very happy to be part of this community 

Like Benjamin likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events