Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Happy National Avocado Day!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Today is National Avocado day and since I'm a big fan of guacamole this seemed like the perfect topic for today.

Some interesting things to note about avocados is that, like tomatoes they are actually a fruit not a vegetable, they are considered heart healthy, and they have more potassium than bananas.

My question for you this week: Do you like avocados? If you do, how do you like to eat them?

As I mentioned, guacamole is my absolute favorite way to eat avocados, but I also really enjoy half an avocado filled with cottage cheese.

Alright, let me know if you are going to join me on the guac bandwagon, or if you have some new ideas for me to try in the comments below.

Have a guac-tastic rest of the week everyone!

14 comments

Comment

Daria Kulikova July 31, 2024

Happy Avocado Day! An avocado filled with cottage cheese must be delicious...

My family is also a big fan of eating avocados! Favorite dishes with avocado? Probably, sushi and rolls, but also I always try to add avocadoes to salads and sandwiches. Coffee and a sandwich with avocado is one of my top weekend breakfasts. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2024

Happy Avocado Day!  Not a big fan of just eating avocados, but I too like guac a lot.  And avocado toast is quite good for breakfast.

avocado toast.jpg

Like # people like this
Olimpia Estela Cáceres-Brown July 31, 2024

Great to know there is Avocado Day! I love avocados.  My latest dessert is "avocado cocoa mousse" modified recipe from Wegmans' newsletter from a couple years ago.  While visiting Honduras during avocado season, I eat one avocado a day!  I surprise everyone with this habit. Another way I love to eat avocado: plain avocado with a dash of lime, onions, sweat peppers and spices Growing up, I used avocado as a mask on my hair and face .  I wish I can grow avocados in Massachusetts!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2024

I love guacamole and avocado toast! 

National Avocado Day GIF

Like # people like this
Natalie Beiler July 31, 2024

Love avocado anything!

Favorites:

• Avocado toast
  • Guacamole
  • Vegan avocado chocolate pudding - (trust me it is so delicious and so good for you!)
  • Avocado chunks in a bowl with salt
  • Avocado on any sandwich
Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2024

Happy National Avocado Day! This is so ironic that I literally just made myself some avocado toast with everything bagel seasoning on it and then sat down and pulled up this post! So, I guess this day was engrained in my memory and I didn't know it! 

I love avocado's! I especially love guacamole like you @Jimmy Seddon and I love avocado toast for breakfast. I make a simple version, but some I've had at restaurants have been just wonderful! 

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 31, 2024

OmG, I love avocados!🥑🥑

They are on my top (the same as tomatoes🍅), and I must say the best quality avocados I have ever had are from my home country: Venezuela. I have no regrets about that claim. These huge fruits are creamy as butter and absolutely flavourful (and healthy!!).

The best way to eat them? I mean, you can have them as long as your creativity allows you:

• Guacamole, of course.
  • Use one of the halves filled with golf sauce and eat it with shrimp. 
  • In salads with palm hearts, lettuce, and tomatoes (and chicken, tuna, or BBQ meat).
  • Grilled!
  • For breakfast, on toast with poached eggs, of course.
  • With arepas!! With one of the traditional fillings (avocado, chicken, and mayo). Or avocado, meat, and cheese.
  • On sushi!
  • With burgers and hot dogs!! 

Oh, c`mon @Jimmy Seddon, now I'm hungry 🥲

Like # people like this
Sherilyn Tasker July 31, 2024

Love avo and marmite on toast and avo in a smoothie in the morning is pretty good.

Like # people like this
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet_AbcSite
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 31, 2024

Hey Atlassian Community, happy National Avocado Day! 🥑🎉 Avocados are amazing, aren't they? You can do so much with them, from guacamole to smoothies. Personally, I can't get enough of avocado toast in the morning, especially with a sprinkle of chili flakes and a squeeze of lime. It's just the perfect fuel for the day!

Here's to a super productive week and some delicious avocado treats! 🥑💚

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2024

I used to only eat avocados in guacamole and when I restaurant put them in a sandwich or salad. A few years ago when my doctor put me on a no carb diet for a while, I started just slicing one up and grinding some roasted garlic salt on it to have as a side with fried eggs. This is now my favorite and most often eaten preparation.

Like # people like this
Shawn Holland August 6, 2024

Guacamole! Close second is sliced and seasoned with Morton's natures seasonings and red pepper flakes.

Like # people like this
Rishabh Jhawar
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2024

Hey! I’m from India, and when I was growing up, avocados were not well-known and weren’t part of our regular diets. However, they are becoming increasingly popular now, and more people are starting to eat avocados in India. The most famous dishes include guacamole and avocado toast!

Like # people like this
diana_pohle August 30, 2024

Good to know there is Avocado Day!

I love avocados for breakfast with cream cheese underneath and sprouts and egg on top.

Mmhh... I'm getting hungry ;)

Like Sherilyn Tasker likes this
Teodora V _Fun Inc_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2024

The more you know! I wasn't aware there was a thing like Avocado Day, but I do think this food needs an appreciation day. 

I can eat avocado with almost anything because it adds a great taste and nutrition to any meal. But maybe my preferred way is as part of a salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, and toasted nuts (like walnuts, pine or pumpkin seeds).

Like Daria Kulikova likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events