Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

☕ Weekly Atlassian News Roundup | 20th November 2023

Happy Monday ☀️

Last week, Atlassian announced improvements to Jira Work Management, Jira Service Management, and Confluence Whiteboards! And if you're using Atlassian Analytics, don't miss the unique feedback opportunity 👀

🚀 New improvements

Jira Work Management November Updates

New advanced view settings in JWM allow you to keep filtering, grouping, sorting, and layout preferences when switching between projects. You can also organize your tasks with colorful categories right from the table view. JWM Premium will soon include a new Approvals feature, integrating approval steps into workflows.

Customer Service Management in JSM

Customer service management is now available on all Jira service management plans. You can access a dedicated page with detailed information for each organization and customer. A new feature, "Developer escalations", allows agents to escalate issues directly to developers. You can also find more details about customers in the Customer Context section in the issues and use customer context APIs to sync data with CRMs.

What is New in Confluence Whiteboards

Smart Sections help you automate actions between whiteboards and Jira, and you can use Line Labels for easier diagramming or a new hide cursor to reduce distractions. Atlassian is preparing for General Availability (GA) next year!

Batch comments in Bitbucket PRs

Bitbucket Cloud introduces a new feature for batched comments in pull requests, allowing users to submit all feedback at once, reducing email notifications.

👀 Important announcements

Feedback - Atlassian Intelligence

Atlassian invites its Analytics customers to participate in research on its beta "natural language to SQL" feature and chart creation process. The session will last 45 minutes, and participants will receive a $75 e-gift card.

🗓 Events

Find all upcoming events on 👉 Events Calendar

📚 Article of the week

4 Reasons You Can’t Focus at Work

Learn about four main reasons for lack of focus: being tired, negatively impacted by bad news, multitasking, and disliking what we do. If any of that sounds like you, look at the article where you can find actionable tips on dealing with each cause.

For example, did you know that lack of sleep harms your brain cells and focus? The scientists ran an experiment on mice and found that after three days of only 4-5 hours of sleep, the mice lost 25% of the neurons essential for brain alertness.

5 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2023

Great episode this week guys!  Though I feel a little "called out" in that article of the week ;)

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2023

I guess we all do @Jimmy Seddon  - always need more sleep and less multitasking 😅

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2023

I can relate to all four of those reasons for lack of focus, especially when it's Monday and I just found out no one is bringing me snacks!

Time to check out that article and hopefully regain my productivity mojo!

Like # people like this
Carlos
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 20, 2023

Two of the reasons in the article of the week really resonate right about now. 😅 Thanks for the Roundup! 🙌🏻

Murat Seven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2023

Thank you for this Roundup! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events