Throwback Thursday: Who was your first celebrity crush?

It's Thursday!

giphy

In 1984, when I was a young teenage, the movie Karate Kid came out. It was shown at an Icelandic theatre and I went to see it. Loved it! Had all the things I liked plus more. That was the first movie I saw Elisabeth Shue act in. Yepsi Pepsi, she was my first celebrity crush :) Also such a great movie overall!

ES_KK.jpg

Alright good folk, who was your first celebrity crush?

Remember to keep it clean and G rated :) 

Have a great Thursday!

10 comments

Comment

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 22, 2021

I was 6 when Star Wars came out and I was smitten with Han Solo (not Harrison Ford, HAN SOLO!), who was my first boy crush. 

Han Solo depicted in promotional image for Star Wars (1977).jpg

A few years later, we got a bootleg of Return of the Jedi on VHS and I went mad for Princess Leia (NOT Carrie Fisher, Princess Leia!) who was my first girl crush. 

Paul LeBlanc, Princes Leia's hairstylist in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi,  dies

And of course it came out years later that the two of them had an affair while filming Star Wars! At least I'm consistent. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Great post @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

download.jpg

I was 14 when this show came out, and Sarah Michelle Gellar quickly became my favorite person on TV.

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Wow! Both crushes from the same film, well trilogy! Great to unearth these old memories, isn't it?!

Thanks for sharing.

Like # people like this
Wendy Sachen April 22, 2021

I think I am aging myself here but is what it is.......Screenshot 2021-04-22 105958.png

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2021

First, based on hearing her on the radio and then "borrowed" cassettes for maybe 2 years before actually seeing her publicity, Patricia Morrison.  (The Gun Club, The Damned, Sisters of Mercy etc)

I have moved on, there's more than one celeb crush I could argue - two Frys, a Simon, a Baker, and a Barber for example, all for different (and perfectly clean) reasons and all grouped with Patricia - she still has a fantastic voice, almost 40 years on.

Like # people like this
Shawn Smelcer April 22, 2021

Nicole Eggert from Charles in Charge

Charles in Charge Nicole Eggert Hot | Nicole Eggert - Sitcoms Online Photo  Galleries | Nicole eggert, Long hair styles, Hair styles

Like # people like this
Amanda Turner April 22, 2021

My first celebrity crush was Jonathan Taylor Thomas.   He and AC Slater from Saved by the Bell were the first boy posters I hung on my wall.  I realized that as I looked back at pictures of the cast, I loved AC's dimples and look but I liked how cool Zack was; and Tiffany from Saved by the Bell, ohhhh, I liked her a lot too. Just like Winnie the Pooh they all had admirable qualities and some faults to learn from.  It was good show, when I think about it.  Sort of digressing, but what do you guys think of Saved by the Bell?  Since we are talking about being raised in the 90s, aren't we? lol 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2021

Though I started watching Hollywood movies when I was 16, but nobody was my first celebrity crush until I saw Jennifer Garner in Elektra (2005). Though the movie was not so great, but I liked Jennifer a lot. She is still as beautiful and charming as she was in those days (at least for me :-)).

Elektra (Jennifer Garner)

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2021

I think for me that was Christina Ricci (post Adams Family) that is :D

image.png

Not sure why but I think it's the eyes..

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Thanks all for sharing - fun to reminisce and see all these answers :)

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events