Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What would you name your own country? TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

I have an acquaintance whose name is Finnur. His home is sometimes called Finland :) And I know of some other people that have names that lend themselves nicely to the word "house" in Icelandic.

Think I would call my country KrisCountryLand or KCL for short 🤣

giphy

If you could create your own country, what would you call it?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

13 comments

Comment

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2022

Happy Thursday @Kristján Geir Mathiesen and what a great #TBT you came up with this week....!!!

This is one of the easy ones to think up...

THE KINGDOM OF FUN

The weather would be amazing all the time, there's no work, we're having fun all day long, there's DEI everywhere you look, we're all drunk AF, and the national attire is - you guessed - SPEEDOS

Y'all really lucky I don't time to create a custom GIF or flag today. Will spare everyone the shock!

Like # people like this
Sue Wilson March 31, 2022

Susan means lily. Lily means purity & perfection.  It only makes sense to call my country 'Lilitopia'!  Here, the land is pure and ready for sustainable use, the air is unpolluted and lends to easy breathing and abundant sunshine, the people are all of pure mind, heart & soul.  It's the ultimate utopia! (yea, I know, it sounds very far fetched, BUT, a girl can dream!!)

lily.jfif

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

Wonderland! :D

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 31, 2022

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

Such a beautiful country is KCL! Awesome! Congrats!!

I was wondering about it, LOL. My country will be like those pictures, garden, nature, ocean, sun, peaceful and a little French. I'm Brazilian, but I'm in love with French places. 

So, I would like to call them Patty Smiles Field or PS Field because my country will look like the countryside and everybody smiles there. 😅🤩❤️💙💚

emily-in-paris-grand-hotel-du-cap-ferrat.jpegemily-in-paris-pool-2.jpegemily-in-paris-hotel-du-cap-ferrat-saint-tropez.jpeg

In my dreams, I'm already there on the porch.😅😁  Can you see me? LOL!

And also, I would like to spend one vacation at this place, hahaha!

Thank you so much for it; I enjoyed thinking about it a lot! 😁

Have a great and unique Thursday, Buddy! 🤩🙏🏽🚀🥳

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2022

This is an easy one. For some reason playing SimCity in the mid-1990's, I always built these huge, sprawling cities. They were not Metropolis or Megacity. They were Megalopolis. When my kids were younger and played with Thomas the Train sets, we would always build the Island of Sodor and connect to a block city named Megalopolis.  

Of course, the hero of Megalopolis would be MegaMan as he battles Dr. Wily and his evil machinations. 

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 31, 2022

I was going to say the obvious "mandyland" where everyone has blue hair and great taste in shoes, but I think I'm going to move to THE KINDGOM OF FUN and hang out with @Fun Man Andy instead!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2022

I love the idea of MANDYLAND though... @Mandy Ross 

So maybe you can come live in THE KINGDOM OF FUN as the MANDYLAND ambassador and we take holidays to go get our hair died blue (or touched up in your case...) and wear amazing shoes!? 😍

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2022

That's an amazing post, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ! 

I am enjoying the ideas of new dream and fun countries coming up from my amazing community fellows.

For me, I thing that there is a lot of chaos in the world due the recent events that have happened and are still continuing (Covid-19, War, Economy crisis, etc.) and are having bad impacts on human beings & their psychology or peace of mind.

So, we are definite need of a new country or place, where we have peace of mind as a mandatory requirement, and can have all the fun in life to forget such chaotic events.

I would like to name my new country as "Heaven of Peace" or HOPE (in short). I would like this country to share the open-border with @Fun Man Andy 's "The Kingdom of Fun" so that people can hop to HOPE for peace and hop to "The Kingdom of Fun" for fun, anytime to relax and forget all their problems in life.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2022

giphy

You guys are so much fun! :) Thanks ALL for sharing. I am having so much fun reading this and thanks for the pictures @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro Love that!

@Mandy Ross can't Mandyland be a suburb of The Kingdom of Fun? :)

@Taranjeet Singh  you are so right! We need peace and fun.

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2022

If you could create your own country, what would you call it?

I would like to create my own Country with the name Koolcity 

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro April 1, 2022

Hahahaha, thank you, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

I'm feeling glad about it! Patty Smiles Field is pure joy, LOL! 🤩😁😃💙

Have a wonderful day!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2022

Love these names!

Koolcity and Patty Smiles Field :)

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro April 1, 2022

Woohooo; thank you so much, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen😃 😁 🥳

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events