Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What was your first bicycle? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
I think this was the first real bike that I got (i.e. not a trike). Check out 'em Swedish handlebars and the color :) I really thought that bike was as cool as it could be!
kgm_bike.png
Soooo, what was your first bicycle?
giphy
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

17 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Yikes that's going back a long time!

I can't be sure what was my first ever bike but one of the first ones was an orange one with a pedal back brake :)

Can't begin to explain how cool i felt just reversing the pedals and sliding ;-)

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

This is a tough one @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

I can't remember the brand, but I do remember that it was pink, it had a basket in the front with flowers on it, and I had this little bell that I would use to annoy my brothers. It was something like this. The bike I am referring to was the one that had the training wheels on it and were removed when I was comfortable. I just loved this bike! 

bike.jpg

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2022

My first bike was something similar to this one ... fantastic at that time :)

SALTAFOSSI BICICLETTA VINTAGE cricket anni 70-80 EUR 350,00 - PicClick IT

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2022

Holy cow guys @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  @Summer_Hogan !!! These pictures are bringing back so many memories. My friends / kids at school had similar bike to yours. I had totally forgotten these. Thanks for sharing :)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2022

And yes, @Dirk Ronsmans  The pedal back brake :) I remember how thrilled I was when I got my first bike that didn't have it. "Scrolling" backwards on the pedals was so fun. The simple things in life...

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2022

Can't remember brand or anything for sure. But, I too had the pedal back brake. Loved trying different "stunts" with that little bicycle. I'm not too sure my parents did, though. Wow, I haven't thought about that bike in a long time. Thanks for the prompt.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

I don't have any pictures of my first bicycle, but here is my second (the green one on the left, yes that's me) and third (the orange one on the right). I so loved that orange one, I just can't remember the make/model, it's similar to the one of @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ but with a "petrol" reservoir in front of the seat, just like a real MX.

It was a birthday gift for my 8th birthday.

FB_IMG_1667834787468.jpg

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

And of course, the must-have accessory: the ambulance/fire rescue/police siren, so cool!

d791edd2e57a3d22fdecd9ee2d9ec219.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

OH MY GOSH, @Dave Mathijs , I also had one of these!!!!!!  Man, hahahaha, I totally forgot that one. Oh, the 80's were such a sweet time!

What about you guys @Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_  @Darryl Lee @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_  ?

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

My bike was the male version of what @Summer Hogan had.  It was a Huffy bike, made of steel, with the banana seat, but in blue.  Given that it was close to the bicentennial anniversary of the United States, it was red, white, and blue.

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2022

My first bicycle was Atlas cycle 

I used to go to my school.

Like # people like this
Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2022

My first bicycle was a "Black Mamba" Bicycle. Although it wasn't kid friendly we would always ride it because there was a creative way to do it as long as you don't fall over. Taking turns and even the stronger kids could carry the other kid as a passenger albeit for a short distance. 

The picture illustrates how we used to ride the "Black Mamba" :)

black mamba.jpeg

Like # people like this
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022

I barely remember mine, but I do remember it was a birthday gift from my dad

Like # people like this
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2022

Old red "Wigry" my granddad had - he taught me how to ride a bike on it and then let me borrow it when I visited. I am searching to buy a one in good state now, would to love to have one just like that 1st one again.

Cyril Dubson December 9, 2022

It was red Rockey

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2022

I had a peugeot boys bmx bike in blue.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2023

A used schwinn that I could only go around the yard with.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events