Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What was the first Summit/Team conference you attended? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Hey all! In the light of this being Atlassian Team22 week, this week's TBT question is: What was the first ever Atlassian Summit/Team Conference you ever attended?

For me, the answer is:

giphy

And this can be either in person or online. What about you?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

11 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

In person:

Virtual:

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro April 7, 2022

Hello @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

Nice question because I love the word Summit, and  I started to work at e-Core in 2016, but my first Summit Remote was in 2018. 

And I thought so uniquely the opening and the countdown with music loud; I love this enthusiastic part, LOL.

Have a lovely day, Buddy! 🤗😃🤩👏🏽🚀💪🏼

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 09.58.19.png

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

First in-person: This one (2022)

First virtual: last year

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2022

Hello @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

I started working on Atlassian products in 2015, joined the Community Leader program in 2018, but I got a chance to attend my first Atlassian Team event in 2021 in virtual mode.

Team '22 is my second Atlassian Team event, still in virtual mode :-(

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen Are you attending Team '22 in-person?

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2022

My first was 2020! What a time to start! I've never been to an in person one. I was going to go in 2019, but my company did not want to pay for it (stupid airlines) and then last year we were stuck virtual! I'm definitely going in person next year! 

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

First in-person one: 2016. I'd viewed sessions virtually in prior years. Things were a lot smaller back then - sometimes you'll see photos of how the event has grown over the years. I think I saw a photo with Bob Swift at the first or second one with just a handful of attendees - everybody at the event fit in the same photo. Really amazing to see the evolution!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2022

@Taranjeet Singh yes, I am at this Team'22. This is my second in person Atlassian conference. Hope you are well!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2022

Yes, I am doing good! Thanks for asking, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen .

I hope you are having a wonderful in-person Team '22 experience!

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2022

Our first Summit  Team was in 2020. We were supposed to go in person but things didn't work out as expected. Since then I'm joining online :))

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2022

My first in person was 2019.  I didn't really know about the online community at the time and as this is a throw back I thought I'd dig up an old post just for a little fun...

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Welcome-Center-discussions/Hello-Is-this-thing-on/td-p/1061461

Have a great weekend everyone!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon looking now at your initial post it's amazing that you had a group of all-star community leaders and members as the ones that replied to it at the time!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events