Throwback Thursday: What was… nah, you just have a great Christmas! #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

In Iceland, the Christmas starts at 18:00 (6pm) when the church bells ring in Christmas. And at that time on the nation radio, the announcer would say: Gleðileg jól (merry Christmas) to all our fellow countrymen, both at sea as well as on the farm/villages. It is kind of a stable on the radio - that saying.

tree.jpg

So for those of you celebrating Christmas, gleðileg jól from me and my family to you and yours, whether you be ! Hope that this season brings you peace and enjoyable time with your special ones. And actually to all, I would like to wish a peaceful and wonderful weekend.

jol1978.jpg

Me and my sister in 1978 getting ready for a California Christmas.

Let’s make it a great Thursday!

KGM

11 comments

Comment

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Merry Christmas @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 23, 2021

You go above and beyond @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

I wish you a Pretty and a Merry Christmas! 😃🙏🏽

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Aww, thank you @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro , so nice of you to say. Wish you, likewise, a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas @Fabian Lim - hope you and your family have a great holiday weekend.

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Kristján Geir Mathiesen  , and Merry Christmas Everyone! :-)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen it has been a wonderful year of Throwback Thursdays!  Thank you for keeping this going!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season!

I know that I already feel very blessed this holiday season and I can't wait to see what the New Year brings! (perhaps an in person Atlassian Event?)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon for kind words. It is fun to look back and reminisce on past experiences (or try to remember them - sometimes I just have snippets of memories from places or activities). I do hope to meet you in person in Vegas in April. Despite of encouragement from @Fun Man Andy , I will promise not to wear my Speedos  ;)  Gleðileg jól!

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

Great pictures @Kristján Geir Mathiesen , thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holidays!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

Thanks @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing this post!

Wish you and everyone here too a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen - the Speedos haven't made it to Vegas yet. So not tradition... for now.
All will change for Team22. Mark my words!!!

🩲🤿🤩

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events