Throwback Thursday: What’s your favorite part of a county fair? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

It July already and we are into that time of the year when county and state fairs start popping up. Carnival rides, live stock exhibitions, vegetables competition, food trucks, ... all the good stuff :)

Lake County Fair returns with fan favorites, new features | Lake County  Newsletter | nwitimes.com

I think I enjoy the most just walking around, seeing people, and getting grilled corn on the cob. Lathered in some kind of lemon butter. That is soooo good!

corn.jpg

How about you - what’s your favorite part of a county or state fair?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

11 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

I haven't been to the county fair in many years - but this brings back lot of memories! I always enjoyed the rides, but I think the thing I remember most is the aromas walking around. With various food stands/trailers and more permanent open air food providers available, there were smells of corn dogs and cotton candy and hamburgers cooking, etc. 

All of that culminating in a delightful tickling of a youngster's nose.  :-)

Thanks for the post!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

People watching! You see all sorts of people there.

DEA34F9C-8345-4658-B78F-E2AB6A256932.jpeg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Ah, that's a good one @Jack Brickey  - and the fair is a great place for that!

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck July 1, 2021

I've never been to one, but I can imagine that I would probably steer clear of the rides and spend all my time eating :p 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Taking my neices and nephews around them and explaining stuff like "this is where burgers come from", "no we don't grow spaghetti trees in this country, that's why the food stall has bread instead" and "if you put a slice of bacon in the DVD player, you get a film about this sort of pig".

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Thanks guys for your fun answers.

Yes @John Funk  & @Jack Brickey , lots of fun folk to see at the fair!

@Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck  you've never been? I remember being at a farm in a summer (maybe 1980) close by Húsafell and we drove all the way to Selfoss to attend Landbúnaðarsýning. That was a kind of a fair, I guess...  :)

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- yes, excellent opportunity to explain "stuffs" at the fair! 

Like # people like this

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen no. In 1980 I would have been about 4. :p So I don't think I'd remember that one even if I'd been there. I don't think we travelled a lot. I only ever remember going to places that were like one two hours, three hours away (like my grandmothers place) or closer. But then again we might have been to loads of places but I don't remember it. Most of my childhood is a bit hazy for some reason. I can recite Mel Brooks films from start to finish but don't ask me about my first day of school. Or, you know, the first year of school for that matter :p

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

@Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck  hahaha. Well, maybe we need to see/hear you recite some Mel Brooks movies...

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 1, 2021

For me it's all about the food - churros, funnel cake, ice cream, corn dogs, and here in WA state, the native american tribes sell grilled salmon and frybread that is sooo good!! 

Like # people like this

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen Lol, there's an idea for a YouTube series XD

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2021

I like these county fairs for the food options they provide, and the different rides and animal shows they provide as my 6 year old likes them a lot. Overall, they are a complete fun for the whole family.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events