Throwback Thursday: What’s the craziest fashion trend you ever rocked? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
Halló good folk. I think I will have to choose something from the...
giphy
80's! Probably leg warmers - over my jeans :) No, I never EVER wore them as part of my workout outfit (don't think I really worked out back then). I also did have a "Sun-in" bleached yellow mullet at one point. I thought I totally rocked it but my wife is concurring with me on that one...
giphy
So, what’s the craziest/funnest/hippest fashion trend you ever rocked?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

11 comments

Comment

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck June 2, 2022

I have to say that I never really followed any fashion trends. I may have owned a denim jacket at one point but I usually just rocked my own style :þ

Me at sort of senior high level (17-18-ish) 😅

srdweeb.png

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Not much of a fashion person either. But I had a knock-off brand of a Members Only jacket back in the 80's and 90's

members-only-1.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Wait @John Funk ! Isn't that the kind of jacket Steve is wearing in Stranger Things S4? At least similar...

Love it @Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck  :)

Like Amanda Barber likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Don't know - it's not a show I watch haha

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen you really made me think deep. And realize how permissive my parents were. My mother always took us to a 'salon' for haircuts, so I guess she was OK with some less mainstream hairstyles. I used to have hair, and it was jet black (helps for reference for those that have met me in person)

1987 - 1989: Full spiked hair. Like 1980's punk band spiked.

1993 - 1996: Kurt Cobain look. My black hair basically streaked by some sort of dye (not sun-in) to white/blond - with my jet black hair and eyebrows. Let it grow out as I graduated High School and matured - if that ever happened (graduation did, maturation is up for debate).

NO WAY I would ever let my kids walk around like that! 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

hahahaha @Andy Gladstone  2 funny! Thanks for sharing :)

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Ok much like @Andy Gladstone I have some hair horror stories.

Thankfully these happened long enough ago pictures of them are not online, they are only in my Mom's photo albums.

First, when I was about 8 years old, I rocked the bowl cut:

BowlCut.jpg

Then, when I believe I was 16-17 I was sporting the frosted tips:

FrostedTips.jpg

I don't ever remember wearing anything that was a trendy fashion.

Thanks for posting the topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Thank you for this post, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

I am not much of a fashion or trendy person, but in my college days in India, I once tried to follow the trend back and got my beard curled to manage it better. 

But, it was not supported by my parents (being strict followers of Sikhism) and so I had to get rid of it soon before the curls set in for long time. And, unfortunately, when I tried to uncurl my beard myself, I lost a lot of beard hair and density (maybe the chemicals used for beard curls made my hair brittle).

Though it was a failure, I still liked my curly beard look, even though it lasted for a short time. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of that look in my current records.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Oh, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen you've hit one of my nerves there.  My initial response was that I just went with the peers I had around me who resonated best. 

In my case that was mostly incredibly dull from the age of 12 to 25, black or blue jeans, a black t-shirt and growing long hair.  I can "suit up" though, and I'm told I do it well.  (I blame my school - they don't don't do school uniform, they give you the right tie and tell you to wear a proper suit)

There's a boring story about all of that, but I cut the hair when it started to get too white/grey, I'm still in black jeans and (mostly) dark (and horribly geeky) t-shirts.  60% of my t-shirts are Atlassian or Adaptavist.

Like # people like this
Keith Carey June 4, 2022

Men's pink shirt and socks.

Like # people like this
Mariano Gedisman June 5, 2022

I was emo.  

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events