Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What is your favorite pie? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
Happy π day -> 3.14 -> March 14th! I think my favorite pie is probably pizza. As far as desert pies goes, I think it is a tie between pumpkin pie and cherry pie.
giphy
Sooo, what is your favorite pie?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

30 comments

Comment

Joanna Weber March 14, 2024

Savoury: minced (ground) beef & onion

Sweet: pecan! No, wait ... Key Lime ... wow, this is hard!

Like # people like this
Colleen Gotling March 14, 2024

My brain didn't even consider pizza initially but that is definitely a good one!   As far as desert pies, it might be lemon, no meringue.  Just plain lemon.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2024

I'd have to agree with @Kristján Geir Mathiesen and go for the Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Extra Cheese pizza.

BUT if we're going for dessert, it would have to be homemade Apple Pie.  And please, do not put a slice of Cheddar cheese on top of it, that's just gross.

Like # people like this
Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ March 14, 2024

I've never considered pizza as a pie but it's a good idea! My answer is pretty Classic- apple pie

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2024

When I hear the word 'pie', it always brings an image of apples and cinnamon. 😌

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2024

Happy π Day!

My favorite pie is pizza too. I call it a 'slice' of heaven!

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2024

What's my favorite pi.  Well, most people would probably think the most common version, 3.14 would be my favorite, but no.  Then there's the 3.1415926 but no, not this one either.  It's gotta be the million digit version right? Nope, not my favorite, as it's too hard to remember.

I think I'd have to go with the 22/7 version for pi.  It's a bit challenging to remember as it's the lesser known obscure fraction. It gives a good approximation, and reminds me of the conversions between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

(Yes, I'm reposting to get my points)

Like # people like this
Eric Scheberl March 14, 2024

It might be lame but Mom's apple pie is always the winner. But this reminded me to have her teach me how to make it. 

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2024

I also have to say home-made apple pie. I never like store-bought ones—I think they may use canned apple pie filling.

I used to have a device called an apple peeler/corer/slicer, which made it much easier and faster to do the home-made pies. I think it didn't make a house move at some point, but I'm going to have to search Amazon to see if I can get another one.

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024

Homemade Blueberry Pie for me!

It's been my favorite pie since I was a boy. Sure, I'll eat and enjoy just about any pie, but when blueberry pie is one of the options, that's the one I am going to choose every time.

🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 🥧 

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2024

Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream.   mmm 🤤🥧

Happy Pi Day, everyone!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024

Man alive! You guys are making me hungry :)  Guess I walked right into that one...

Thanks all for sharing.

Like # people like this
Jorey McComas March 14, 2024

I've been spoiled and had homemade pies for most of the last 30 years. I love my wife's homemade pecan pie. I don't like the pecan pie you can get in the stores, too much gelatin and too sweet.  If it's not homemade, an apple or berry pie can usually pass the test. 

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024

Apple is my go to.  But all pies are welcome.

Like # people like this
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024

Hands down berry pie! Like blueberry, blackberry, etc. I grew up in Oregon, USA, and they have a type of berry there called "marionberry" which is similar to a blackberry. That was so good.

I will also always enjoy a good and meaningful "pie" chart:

pie.jpeg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2024

Thats too funny, @Sam Nadarajan 

Have a great weekend everyone!

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2024

My favorite pie is French Silk! It's so silky smooth and I love the whipped topping! It's so good! I also love pumpkin around the holidays but feel weird eating it at other times during the year.

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2024

I'm not very into desserts and - as a consequence - not so much into pies. So a good, home made shepherds pie would win over all the sweet alternatives out there. 

If I was forced to pick an actual pie, it would be a smurfentaart - although the name really refers to the smurfs, it is not blue at all. It's a creamy pie with an apricot filling, topped with cream and white chocolate. 

Like # people like this
Susanna Babayan March 17, 2024

hands down the best pie is and always will be apple pie!

also, pizza? how @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ?

Like # people like this
Vronik March 18, 2024

My favorite dessert is really two: tiramisu and blueberry cheesecake

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2024

Definitely not McDonald's apple pie.

I would say it's a raspberry pie (and I'm not referring to Rasberry Pi :-) ).

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2024

Well, @Susanna Babayan , I come from a land where there aren't any pies so I am stretching a bit...

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2024

Anything that is homemade.  

Like # people like this
Alex G March 21, 2024

homemade pecan pie 🤤

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2024

I asked Jennifer Lawrence to answer on my behalf.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events