Throwback Thursday: What is your favorite month/time of the year? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
Yup, it is that time of the week again. We have almost made it to the weekend :) Ok, last week we talked about our birthday and month but this week I want to focus on our favorite month or season. I just love, love, LOVE spring. Everything is coming to live again after being dormant during winter. The fresh smell of spring; newly cut lush green grass and the smell of the soil. Days are getting longer (especially in Iceland where we almost have 24 hours of daylight by 20th of June) and warmer. Just the whole vibe of spring! I don't know if it is because of all the above or if it is just because I am born in May. either way, late April, May, and June is my favorite time of the year. I do realize that those with allergies don't like this time too much...sorry guys :(
giphy
So tell us, what is your favorite month/time of the year?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

12 comments

Comment

Arthur Stepanyan May 19, 2022

My birthday's in April, so I love spring too.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

My favorite time of the year is the Fall (Autumn). So it would probably be the month of October when there is lots of American football being played and the leaves are turning colors, and it's beginning to cool down from summer a little. 

Like # people like this
Sue Wilson May 19, 2022

I LOVE Spring with everything coming to life and getting warmer.  Everything just seems so much brighter, more colorful, and happier during the spring months. Even peoples' moods seem to lift!  The saying, "they've got a spring in their step!" makes so much sense this time of year!  ;-)  Of the three spring months, I'd have to say May is my favorite!  Our family has several birthdays to celebrate and you can almost be sure to have a great outdoor party/picnic without it being too hot or too cold. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Autumn. In the immortal words of Calvin and Hobbes, the colors on the trees in the fall are nature’s fireworks. The air starts to get crisp, the trees are a spectrum of reds, oranges, yellows and browns and although nature is slipping into a mode of stasis, it makes me feel alive!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2022

Perfect answer @Andy Gladstone  - I just gave you some kudos for writing great content.  ;-)

Like # people like this
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2022

I also love the fall! I'm from Minnesota, and September and October are the most beautiful months here (assuming it doesn't start snowing before Halloween). When summer weather stretches a little bit farther into fall than normal, those are the best days of the year. 

Like # people like this
Giovanni Schiano-Moriello May 19, 2022

I also like spring but have really bad allergies :(
I also hate the cold, so winter months are out.
My favorite time is probably September-October, ending in a bang with Halloween then getting too cold for my taste.
Summer nights and Spring days after a good rain are always so beautiful too.

Like # people like this
Ken Merkl May 19, 2022

I have fond memories of a very hot summer where the green grass started to yellow from lack of rain over several months. I always loved lying on my back looking at the puffy white clouds float across the sky anticipating what was ahead of me in life. I still have that same feeling every summer but love the differences we experience throughout the year. I choose to embrace it all and am thankful to experience the colors of autumn, the crispness of winter, and the renewing of spring. 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2022

Thank you for this post, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

For me, the favorite time of the year is Summer, and therefore the months of June, July, August, & September. This is because of several reasons:

- I have more daylight and better weather for day road trips and weekend getaways with my family.

- I have more daylight in the evening to spend with my kids and take them to playgrounds or sprinkler parks where they have lots of fun.

- My birthday is in August

- The trees and plants are full of life and greenery.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2022

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,

My Favourite Month in July ( My Birthday month so would be excited when it's July)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

I love the summer!  But, I'm also from Southern Ontario in Canada.  This can get quite warm but it's never around for very long.  I also associate it with summer vacation from school!

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

I love summer and the sea! It is the best time to enjoy beautiful sunsets like this

L'incantevole spiaggia della Tonnara di Palmi, dove il tempo si è fermato -  quicosenza

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events