Throwback Thursday: What is your favorite concert experience? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
It is summer time and many people, where the weather is nice, attend outdoor concerts during the summer. So concert season is ramping up :)
giphy
Last week, the CEOs of Tempo and Old Street Solutions got together for a great fireside chat, in which Chief Product Officer, Shannon, asked the gents what was their favorite concert experience. Chris had a pretty good Meatloaf in Budapest response, but his new boss Mark, had the jaw dropper answer no one was expecting! 
So tell us, what is your favorite concert experience?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

21 comments

Comment

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

For me it was the Monsters of Rock Open Air festival in Kiewit, Hasselt, Belgium in 1991 (even before Pukkelpop landed there)

Seeing those rock/metal bands live for the first time is unforgettable and a carved memory forever.

• AC⚡️DC on one of their best tours ever
  • Metallica who had just released the 'Black' album and went mainstream
  • Mötley Crüe with al their 'Dirt'
  • Queensrÿche one year after the release of one of their best albums 'Empire' with the fantastic voice of Geoff Tate.

All for the price of less than 30 euro (at the time)!

FB_IMG_1685014467477.jpg

AC/DC - For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) 

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2023

Well, this could get controversial if you're a fan of Styx.  But they put on a heck of a show.  Regardless of which lineup you prefer, If you have Too Much Time On Your Hands, you can have The Best Of Times and be Rocking The Paradise at a Styx show.  I prefer to see them on tour by themselves without another band because their set is much longer that way.  You'd be Foolin' Yourself if you don't see them live, and at the end of the show, you'll be shouting Don't Let It End.

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck May 25, 2023

My best concert experience happened just last Sunday, when I saw Aurelio Voltaire (with Rose garden Funeral Party opening) at the Garage in London. Part goth cabaret troubadour, part stand up comedian, part inspirational speaker, there is no other artist that's taken me on such an emotional roller coaster. Quite apart from the fact that from six to eleven pm he was either in the merch booth, performing, or taking selfies with fans. That's something I have never witnessed before.

IMG_20230522_120944_513.jpg

Like # people like this
Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

I think my fav concert was Weezer a few years ago. My friend had an extra ticket for ground level pretty close to the stage, so it was awesome to be so close to the action. They put on a great show!

Like # people like this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

My favorite concert is always the annual July 4th event held at San Diego Bay performed by SD classic orchestra group.  Classical music and fireworks - what not to like.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

I've previously posted about my favorite concert experience, so here I'll post about my most unique.

In the mid 1990's I was a member of the Lincoln Center Society. For $50.00 student membership I received discounted tickets to concerts at Lincoln Center, the NY Philharmonic Orchestra and other events. There were also four open rehearsals each year that only LCS members were able to access. In March of 1996 Yo-Yo Ma was in residence at the Philharmonic and one of the rehearsals coincided with that stint. It was amazing to sit in the Orchestra section of Avery Fischer Hall and see an actual maestro at his craft. These rehearsals were informal and loose - most of the orchestra were in jeans and t-shirts. You could hear the banter among the sections and Yo-Yo Ma's commentary. He really engaged the 200 of us that were in attendance in conversation and brought us in to the inner workings of the music. It was a very memorable day for me.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

Thanks all for sharing! I am getting all pumped up and told my wife I want to got to a summer concert.

Also sad to hear of the passing of Tina Turner. She was an integral part of my youth. A stable in my 80's youth. My hat off to you, Tina. Rest in peace.

giphy

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

Mine was definitely the Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fallout Boy, and Green Day at Petco Park in San Diego last year! 

HellaMega-finlPstr(web).jpg

Like # people like this
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

wow @Summer_Hogan - that's a fantastic lineup!

My favorite experience will have to be in LV, when I visited for Teams22 and I was able to catch the DNA world tour of Backstreet boys. A crazy ride down the memory lane singing all those songs I used to love playing on my cassette player. Didn't knew those lyrics were still in the back of my mind. 
An awesome experience. 

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 11.09.44 AM.png

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023
The best concert I ever attended was Pearl Jam in 2018 at Rome. It was absolutely fantastic
Pearl Jam - Rockin' in the Free World - Rome, 26 June 2018 - YouTube
Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

I haven't been to many concerts in my life, but I did get the chance to see The Eagles live several years ago with my mother.  Glenn Frey passed away about a year later so I am glad I got to see him play when I did.

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

I think my favorite was going with my brother to see Kiss in the 90's with the original lineup and full make up. I was a fan as a when I was a teen, but never had a chance to see them until I was an adult. They put on a great show!

Paul Stanley says KISS could continue without him and Gene Simmons

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

Oooh, I love live music so much - makes it hard to pick a favorite! I think my recent favorite was taking my girls to see AJR - it was their first "big" concert. 

@Andrew Zimmerman - did you see Weezer is coming to Madison in a couple of weeks? My 12yo and husband are going. :) 

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

I've always wanted to go to a Dave Matthew's Band concert.

Like # people like this
Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

@Amanda Barber oooooh, no I did not know that! Thank you for the tip! :D 

Like # people like this
Abhay Gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2023

I loved the concert of Jagjit Singh that I was fortunate to attend few years ago.

What an experience of a lifetime!

Like # people like this
patricia June 29, 2023

In Brittany, each year there are famous concerts and festivals.
One festival, where a lot of people travel through France is "Les vieilles charrues" at Carhaix.

Enjoy and go to this festival.

Like # people like this
Colum McAndrew August 2, 2023

Too many to mention...

• The London Wembly crowd perfectly singing the chorus of "Piano Man" in the Elton John / Billy Joel concert. Billy had health issues and couldn't sing, so Elton played his songs. 
  • Eric Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall.
  • Republica at a festival near Oxford before they became famous.
  • Pretty much the whole of Live Aid, but especially Queen and U2.
  • Caliko (a local folk ensemble) at a local festival. Events like these throw up some great unknown bands.
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2023

I do like listening to live music, especially smooth jazz, but concerts are a bit too crowded for me. Hence I've been avoiding them.

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2023

I was very lucky to get one year a Sunday ticket to Glastonbury because one of my good friends lives in the area. It was excellent! I got to see Dolly Parton, Massive Attack and many others and just generally had a wonderful time in the sunshine.

Malka Jackson [Isos Technology]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2023

In a two week span, when I was 13, I was lucky enough to attend two concerts. My mom took me to see the Pointer Sisters and then my dad took me to see Jimmy Buffett.

The Pointer Sisters rolled onto stage in this sparkly convertible Cadillac and started to mesmerize the crowd for the next two hours. The show was high energy, super exciting and everyone was on their feet singing along and dancing. It was so much fun! The costuming was amazing and those legs!!! I will never forget the first concert I was able to attend and how much that energy filled me up and the huge smile I had for the entire night.

Jimmy Buffett was a whole different vibe. He is so laid back and while everyone in the crowd knows his lyrics and sang along, it was more like camp song sing alongs and most folks were sitting down. That may have had something to do with the smoke in the air. lol Parrot Heads were an awesome crowd to be in and I loved singing the songs that my dad had taught me as a youngling. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events