Throwback Thursday: What is your earliest school memory? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
Alright, I am going to write this memory, even though it is a terribly behavior that I was anticipating on executing. When I started school at age 6, I remember thinking to myself that I would show up at school, beat up the girls and telling the teacher to shut up and mind his own business. That was how I, for some insanely crazy reason, envisioned myself behaving in first grade! Not a clue where that idea came from. But of course I showed up at school very shy and did everything I was told to do. Didn´t beat up a girl or probably dared looking at one, for that matter.
giphy
So, what is your earliest school memory?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

20 comments

Comment

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2023

Who could forget nap time or milk and cookies in Kindergarten!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Definitely a throwback here! Let me see...

most of my elementary years are a blur now but what I do recall is lining up to go to lunch carrying my Munsters lunchbox. I loved that show as a kid and had to have the lunchbox.

IMG_1875.jpeg

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

I vividly remember my Kindergarten teacher sprinkling some magical quiet powder on our heads before we'd enter the hallways. When I was a teacher, I taught in the same district where I went to school through 3rd grade. I was so excited to see Mrs. Gosch again 30ish years after she was my teacher (she was a principal at that time) and let her know that those memories stuck with me. 💜image.png

Displaying

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

I remember my school friends very well. With many of them still see you around. The clearest memories are the games with the chips presents :)

The rubber hand was my favorite :)

Nostalgia anni 80 e 90, gli oggetti cult di quando eravamo ...

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

Wow! Fantastic topic. Thanks for thi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

I remember my very first day of school when I was 7 years old. My brother, who is 6 years older than me, accompanied me to school and left me in the school garden saying that the teacher will take us to the classes. Soon after, a teacher guided us to a classroom. While there were other students present, I seemed to be the only one who was unaccompanied by parents. The rest of the students were sitting at their desks with their parents by their side. I recall one of the mothers pointing me out to her son, saying, "Please don't cry! It'll be fun. Look at that boy over there, he's alone and not crying." However, deep inside, I couldn't hold back my tears.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

Great topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen! One of my earliest memories is of the parachute! I loved playing the parachute during PE and actually it was the only part of PE I liked. It was so fun to stand all around it, throw it up in the air and bring it down and sit under it! I just loved it. I found it so peaceful under that parachute! 

parachute-activity.jpgparachute-activity2.jpg

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

Earliest memory I would say would be Tag and Kickball. Also, metal slides. Not very safe in the hot weather.  :)

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

My earliest school memory is pretty funny looking back at it.

I was in Kindergarten and it was my first day at school in the United States.  I spoke maybe 5 words of English and I had no idea what was going on or why all these people were speaking funny.  I remember that I needed to go to the bathroom, so I went into the first restroom I saw.  There was a boy in there washing his hands and I waved at him.  He immediately ran out of the room and I was like "wow, he had to go somewhere quick", and then I went about my business.  When I was washing my hands, my teacher came in and pulled me out of the bathroom!  I was very confused and the school had to call my mom so she could explain to me that this school had separate bathrooms for boys and girls.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

I remember a few specific things from my first year of school, but I don't know which one was the earliest.

• when we were learning the alphabet and the teacher would point to the letters posted on the wall and call on a student to name the letter.
  • the Christmas gift I got and who it was from for the gift exchange.
  • at our Christmas pageant being very jealous of the two classmates who got to shake the bells during our rendition of Jingle Bells.
  • eating Captain Crunch (with Crunchberries) cereal at snack time

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 11.17.57 AM.png

Like # people like this
tondeleya_allen May 18, 2023

Wow! There are so many great first memories here. I'll take mine back to my short stint in preschool. I remember the tan craft paper, pouring tempera paint all over it, folding it in half, and unfolding the paper to reveal a pretty abstract design. Mine resembled a butterfly.

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

Mine goes back all the way to 1987. Started primary school loved the PE classes would always play football (soccer) and softball. 

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

My earliest memories go back to kindergarten.

Seeing how another kid got his fingernail stuck between the gate with its nail hanging loose from the finger - it was bloody too - was quite traumatic at the time. I imagined how painful that must have been.

And on another occasion, I remember wondering for hours how on earth "Sinterklaas" (Saint Nicholas) could know I was teasing/bullying other kids ... I received a letter from him stating that I should not do this, because else, I wouldn't get a present by December 6. 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

giphy

Thanks for wonderful memories. I hope you'll have a great Friday and the rest of the weekend!

Like # people like this
Aleksandra Cieslak May 19, 2023

cool stories, I wish I had that memory :D

Like # people like this
Rakesh Kambattula May 23, 2023

Wonderful stories, Mine was going to school on my birthday and distributing some chocolates to my friends and teachers. :D 

Like # people like this
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Awesome stories 

Like # people like this
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

One of my earliest school memories is from Kindergarden. We were going through the alphabet and when we arrived at the letter V, my teacher asked something like, and whose name starts with a V? and I got super embarassed and went under the table!

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

The walk.  I'm old so...
It was up hill both ways.
There were forests, and rivers, and mountains to climb.
There were swamps with strange and wonderful creatures.
Then there was the school yard, it seemed to never end.
The one school in the entire area housed children from kindergarten through to grade 12.
The adventures were endless.

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023
Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2023

Windows XP with that typing tutor application called Typeshala 😊

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events