Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What is the worst haircut you ever had? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Oh boy! I am expecting some great ones here for this thread :) I was a kid in the 70's so I did have the "bowl" haircut (couldn't find a picture though). Lot of my friends did their own hair, not in favor of their parents. My daughter took up the scissors once and "fixed" her bangs a bit.

kgm 1976.jpg

What about you, what is the worst haircut you ever had?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

9 comments

Comment

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck November 18, 2021

Every single haircut I ever got from a salon for a looooong time. :| I didn't go often, mainly because I was always disappointed but now and then I would think "Well, it can't be that bad this time" and end up pissed off again because, it seemed to me, women in hair salons think all women want to have hair like women who work in hair salons :| Quite frankly the best hair cut I've had in a salon was done by a guy exactly like I wanted it because he thought I was a dude XD 

Then again, other people would probably name several of my "auto-cuts" that I've had through the years. I've been bald (like completely), once I shaved everything off except my pony tail, and now I've got Halloween-leftovers-hair, i.e. I just chopped it with scissors roughly into the shape I needed and it's still like that :þ 

Oh, and @Kristján Geir Mathiesen one of the first things I did when I went to boarding school at sixteen was to cut my hair short myself because I hated having long hair but, you know, girls have long hair and sh*t. :þ When I was a little kid I had short hair though. Don't think I ever had a bowl cut, my hair is way too unruly for that, but I did have one of those tails at the back. We called them "brjálæðingur" :þ 

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro November 18, 2021

Hahaha, amazing; @kristjan@Kristján Geir Mathiesen so creative!

My worst haircut was this one below. I still remember the trauma. It was almost a crime for me to see my hair down on the floor simultaneously and this haircut! 

I told the hairdresser the opposite of this because I have curly hair; geez! A hairdresser from the 90s.

Hahaha! 😝 🤣 🤪 

20211118_115150.jpg

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

What is the worst haircut I ever had?

Easy. The one where the "stylist" exclaimed: "Oh s#1t! I'm so sorry!

(She had just "slipped" and razored a 2 x 4" inch down-to-scalp patch on the back of my head and I ended up getting the first buzz cut I'd had since the days when my dad used to cut my hair in grade school.)

Boys-Buzz-Cut.jpeg

Like # people like this
Brad Harris November 18, 2021

I'm so glad that my parents did have my worst haircut put on their social media for my current peers to find... Dang... if they had and you all saw the terrible jobs I would do on myself thinking I was all gone to make all > Stop! Collaborate and Listen...

...Rollin

on the floor get-in laughs 
while my mom's on the phone takin quick snaps

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

Great question @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

I haven't really had a "bad" haircut.  Yes, I have some that are embarrassing now since they have gone out of style, but they were really good for the time.

Instead, I'll tell the embarrassing tale of the last time I ever went to a barber for a haircut instead of doing it myself.

I started to go bald in my early twenties.  I would regularly use my own clippers to cut my hair to save some money.  For my wedding, I decided to have it professionally done to make sure pictures would look good.  The gentlemen that cut my hair was really good until it came time for me to pay.  He said he felt bad for how little hair he actually cut and didn't feel right charging me for more than a "beard trim".  While I appreciated the cheap hair cut, I have never been to the barber since that day.

It's a fun one to laugh at now!

Like # people like this
Himanshu Jadon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2021

This reminds of my 10th standard time where the barber cut my hair in such weird shape that I was the piece of meme for about 3 months and to add on to this that year we had those class group picture and my classmate never stopped laughing about it 😃

I destroyed that picture cause I hated it back then but now I am literally laughing on that.

Wish I kept it to show you all how bizzare that look was 😂😂

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

Thank you all for fun posts!

giphy

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen This is really an interesting post for those who have such stories or histories of their weird or worst hair cuts.

But, being from Sikhism religion, since my family and I follow our religious beliefs closely, I never had a hair cut.

I had a fun time though reading the fun experiences of others.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2021

@Taranjeet Singh  glad you liked reading these "horror" stories. Glad you never had to go through that :) Does have its benefits to follow your religion. Happy you shared your side as well.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events