Throwback Thursday: What is the best prank you’ve ever played on someone? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Some people are great pranksters! I know this one guy who ended up getting a degree in Engineering. He was once living in a very old house with bunch of other guys (yeah, could be any college accommodation). He wanted to prank one of them so he drilled a small hole in the ceiling. Then he created a gadgetty thingy. It had a plastic 2 liter bottle, a saucer type made of plastic, a hose, and some more parts. He filled the 2 liter bottle with water and then the water would slowly drain from the big bottle over into the saucer then overflow (I can't remember the details) into the hose that was connected to the little hole in the ceiling. This gadget was basically a delayer. He designed it in such a way that it took 5 hours for the overflow to kick in. The water dripped ever so slowly through the hose. Then he filled the 2 liter bottle at 10PM and around midnight everyone went to bed.

Well, around 3AM, the poor fellow woke up to a wet bed! And he thought he had wetted it himself... Thankfully the guy had a good sense of humor and, if I remember correctly, pulled a good practical joke on the engineer later on.

giphy

What is the best prank you’ve ever played on someone?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

4 comments

Comment

Jose Osorio November 4, 2021

Sorry to admit but, liquid HEET (does that still exist?) on a toilet seat. I was still in school. Its my only excuse. And it was well deserved.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

I would like to admit that I have never been a prankster and I feel that I miss the fun in this regard.

But I always find it exciting to read or listen to others' experiences related to such pranks.

So, I am eagerly waiting to read more of such experiences here in this post from our wonderful community leaders....

Thanks for this post, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

Like # people like this
Himanshu Jadon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2021

Well I did many during my school days, one specially in between class breaks prior a teacher coming to the class by writing something with permanent marker and putting so much white powder in the duster and placing it such that it gets on their face only(it was cruel now when I think on the situation) but back than it was great fun for everyone.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2021

Thanks @Himanshu Jadon  , @Taranjeet Singh  , and @Jose Osorio for sharing. Those are funny. But yes, pranks seem to be funny when time has passed and when we are not the ones being pranked. And I also remember doing some thinks in youth that now, when I look back, weren't maybe the best. Nothing too serious but you know. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events