Throwback Thursday - What is the best concert you've ever attended #TBT

Each of us has been to a concert at least once. Many of us have never attended a big event but still attended some good concerts in their own city.

Cellulari ai concerti, sì o no? Childish Gambino e Bob Dylan ...

I would like to know what was the best event you attended or, alternatively, what concert you would have liked to attend.

Personally, the concert I would have liked to attend is Woodstock, in 1969, but at that time I was not born yet :)

The most beautiful concert I attended was that of REM in Naples in 2003 ... a memorable experience.

Music is part of our life, it reminds us of happy or sad times, periods of our life and moods.

Turn up the volume of your music on your pc and reply to this post :)

Listening To Music With Headphones Bobbing GIF - Listening ...

18 comments

Comment

Nicole Christensen October 5, 2022

The most amazing concert I ever went to was DefLeopard and Ugly Kid Joe at the Minnesota State Fair. 

While this makes me feel old, it was a great concert.

My second favorite was when I got paid to take a friend's daughter and her friend to see Bush for their Razor Blade Suitcase tour. 

In case you need some old tunes to jam to today, I linked in 1 song per group :)

Happy Thursday (on a Wednesday)!

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Great topic!
So many concerts in the course of my life.  So many more to still see :)

In 2018 my wife and I decided to not do a vacation and made it the year of the concert, and went all out with VIP's, front rows, meet and greets....
A total of 18 shows that year, 19 for my wife as her and my daughter went to see Bon Jovi (no desire from me for that show).
The best of the lot from that year hands down was John Mellencamp.  
Ozzy put on an amazing show considering his age LOL 

Seen The Tragically Hip back in the late 80's for 12 bucks (both me and the wife 6 bucks each), seen them again on the final tour before Gord Downey passed.... 1600.00 each eeekkk but at least we can say we were there.

So now to the best show ever.  
Well that would have to be Mr. Bob Seger 1977 he played for over 6 hours well into the wee hours of the morning.

Like # people like this
Joseph Hall October 5, 2022

At the Spectrum stadium in Philadelphia, I saw "The "Cure", "Depeche Mode" and "New Order". I was

13 or 14 years old, and snuck out of the house LOL.

My second favorite was probably the B-52's which I completely don't remember, or "Depeche Mode" in Orlando. 

I also saw "Madonna" at Madison Square Garden, but I don't really remember much about that concert either.

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Great question, but it's difficult to choose so I'm posting 2 concerts :) 

1. Iron Maiden live at Graspop 2013
  2. Rammstein live at Rock Werchter 2002

Both of them were amazing performances that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

R.E.M. was also at Rock Werchter 2002 and it was an amazing concert too!

I would have loved to attend a Nirvana concert, unfortunately I was still too young when Kurt Cobain passed away :( 

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Great topic @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ !

When I was in Turkey, I waited a long time for Leonard Cohen's concert, unfortunately, Turkey had never been on this tour lists. Anyway, when I learned that Istanbul was included in his latest tour in 2012, I immediately bought my tickets. Absolutely, it was the best concert I've ever been to and unfortunately, he passed away in 2016 and we don't have that chance anymore.

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

You always remember your first.

For me it was U2 on their (first) Joshua Tree tour at Cleveland's Municipal Stadium.  From "Where the Streets Have No Name" to "40" it was an incredible night for this teenager.

Like # people like this
Dean Schaffer
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Some great concerts above :) For me it was a toss up. My favorite from a perspective of "Oneness'  was a Grateful Dead Concert in Oakland, CA in '89. The other amazing concert I fondly remember was my first concert Terrible Ted Nugent. 

Like # people like this
Matt Rice October 5, 2022

For me it would be 1990 - Silver Stadium, Rochester, NY

Black Crowes opened, Metallica, and Aerosmith. Warrant was scheduled to play after Black Crowes but the stage got rained out

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

The best concert I recently attended was Journey.  Arnel Pineda is a performer. 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

The best concert I ever attended was on April 27. 1995

It was one of the Foo Fighters first public appearances after the death of Kurt Cobain the previous year and disbanding of Nirvana. The lineup that night was Hovercraft as the opening band and Mike Watt supported by Eddie Vedder as the headline, with Foo Fighters featured as well. The concert was in Tramps, which is a max 200-person multi-use hall in the Lower East Side of NYC. The star power in the lineup was betrayed by the venue. It turn out that I was one of only 50 guests. The remaining 150 were all record label execs and reporters. I spent a lot of the night sipping a beer (I was only 17) and chewing on the ear of a Rolling Stone reporter. 

The music was amazing, and the access was unreal. At the end of the set the band members just hung out with the crowd. I styed until I was in the way of the road crew that was pulling everything down to load in the truck. Thanks for brining the memories back.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

Well, back in the day, it was a Commodores concert in my home town, which was small and rarely saw acts that good. 

Commodores.jpg

Ebe October 6, 2022

Deep Purple in NJ and Eagles in MSG NY... I would have liked to see Woodstock too!

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

I'm going to draw on more recent experiences and say seeing Green DayWeezer, and Fall Out Boy during the Hella Mega Tour last year in San Diego at Petco Park. First of all, it was a great concert and second, Petco Park is a pretty amazing place to go see a concert! https://www.petcoparkinsider.com/green-day-weezer 

Also, the poster is pretty cool! 

green day.jpg

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2022

So many great concerts! One of my favorites was Tedeschi Trucks Band at Moody Theater in Austin.  Favorite song Midnight in Harlem.

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2022

@Matt Rice I remember that same show!! Only for me it was at CNE stadium, the weather was great, Warrant got booed off the stage by the Metallica fans.

1990 - CNE Stadium, Toronto, ON

Black Crowes opened (shake your money maker), Metallica (justice for all), and Aerosmith (pump). Warrant (wouldn't know was never a fan) was scheduled to play after Black Crowes but was boo'd off the stage by Metallica fans.

Like Matt Rice likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2022

1999 - Metallica

2022 - Green Day - this is a real TBT, as I took place in September this year in Rock In Rio, here in Brazil 

Oliwia Poświat _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2022

Ed Sheeran's concert at the National Stadium in Warsaw - my only big concert so far. A dream came true!

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

thanks for the post,

I remember I first concert was a Tradination, Classical Music Night in my Village as there were no great concerts head in those days.

Vikram P

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events