Throwback Thursday: What did you get into the most trouble for with your parents as a kid?

It's Thursday!

giphy

Ok, this happened before mid summer of 1982 (because we moved to a different house that summer) and my dad had recently bought a garden hose reel. Bright orange with plastic sides to keep the hose in place as you reeled it in. Similar to this one below:

garden.jpg

This hose reel was kept in the back of the house, which had a very narrow alley like yard. There we would play football (soccer to some of ya'll). Well, one day my friend and I were playing football. He was the goal keep and I lined up the ball. Then took quite a few steps back, ran up to the ball and kicked it as hard as I could. Lo and behold, the ball hit the hose reel and broke a big part of the orange guide out of it, with accompanying noise :(

My friend and I got so scared that we took off running into the street. The my dad shouted out the window for me to come back. Yup, he was not happy and I was put in time out or something.

What about you, what is the most trouble you got into as a kid? 

Let’s make it a great Thursday!

KGM

6 comments

Comment

Duane Harlick September 23, 2021

Class clown antics, mostly. Lots of calls home from the principal's office...

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

Not sure how old I was - maybe 9 or 10 - but my nephew (2 years younger than me) and I had built a little fort of sorts with cardboard boxes in a back room of my parents business (it was a very large warehouse type of room).  And then we had a candle which where were striking matches to try to light because it was dark. 

My father was not happy either due to the risk of stuff catching on fire. We go the appropriate spanking.  :-)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

@Duane Harlick hahaha, in my elementary school in Iceland, there was a black bench outside of the principal's office. I didn't sit very often in it but when I did, I knew I was in deep :)

@John Funk matches, cardboard and warehouse - yup! I'd be worried too if I was your parent :)

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2021

Interesting topic, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

I got into trouble once while snatching something which was mine from my father's hands while he was already angry with me on something and wanted to check on that thing.

After that day, I never tried that since it was too disrespecting for him, especially being an Indian parent.

But he is a great father. I am lucky to have him as my father!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I always love these topics!

I think what I got in the most trouble for was breaking my dad's really expensive set of binoculars. 

I don't really remember all of the details as I believe I was 4 at the time.  However, I do remember that my dad was quite mad about it when it happened.

But it resulted in my dad buying me a pair for my birthday which I still use on occasion to this day.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2021

Thanks all for sharing these stories. It is crazy how much patience parents often need to show their kids. I am glad there were positives that came out of these situations. Kids can be so crazy :) 

Have a great Friday!

Friday5.jpg

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events