Throwback Thursday: What books from the past have you re-read lately? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
As many of you know, I come from Iceland. Icelandic is spoken in Iceland. Few years ago, when I was on a work trip in Iceland, I saw some of the "The Three Investigators" books in Icelandic at Kolaportið (flea market). That brought back some memories! I used to read them in the early 80's as a youth. So I purchased them and brought back to the States. I think I have 6 of them. Only a few of them were translated into Icelandic. Last few summers, I have been re-reading them at the neighborhood pool. I try to read all of them during the summer.
Then I brought some "The Hardy Boys" books in Icelandic, which I had in boxes at home, with me in my last trip to Iceland. Been re-reading them too this past month :) Great memories! I think I will continue this habit; re-read my youth books during summers.
sund.jpg
IMG-5287.jpg
IMG-5362.jpg
So, what books from the past have you re-read lately?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

22 comments

Comment

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

These are really interesting @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ! I'll check them out.

I just finished re-reading 100 Years of Solitude and I'm finishing Alice's Adventures in Wonderland 🐇⏱

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Thanks @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

I haven't read them recently, but your post has inspired me to dig out my Bruno & Boots books that my Dad read with me when I was very young.

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

Thanks @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

I can't remember how many times I've read Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe and Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. I think it is time to re-read them.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen a man after my own heart. During the dark days of the pandemic I decided to revisit all of the great literature that my High School curriculum required me to read rather than inspired me to read. Since then I have re-read, and enjoyed more, many literary classics. In 2022 I have added to that list:

• The Catcher in the Rye
  • Don Quixote
  • A Tale of Two Cities

I have many more books on my list. However, your mention of books you enjoyed as a kid has me thinking that I should really try to find my favorite series from my elementary school years, reread and share it with my own 9-year old daughter. The Little Vampire series by Angela Sommer-Bodenburg kept me company on many long car rides. I'll need to check the local library...

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

This is so awesome to hear (read, I guess) about your books and I am glad to be able to maybe inspire some new angles of fun activity in your lives. Thank you all for sharing!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 28, 2022

I've been revisiting childhood favorites with my 11-year-old.  I tried to read her Harriet the Spy, which I loved when I was a kid, and the opening chapter was so fatphobic I was like "oh god...." and explained to her why we would not be continuing. She had no interest in Anne of Green Gables even though her middle name is a homage to the main character! (That one stung.)  That said, I think The Babysitters Club has held up okay! But she likes the graphic novels.   

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

Oh sorry to hear that @Monique vdB but glad Babysitters Club held up!

Cheryl Joy (K15t) September 29, 2022

I loved reading 'The Three Investigators' when I was a kid! Which one's your favourite? Do you have a favourite?

I guess one of the books I've re-read a bunch of times is the 'Alice in Wonderland'. I feel like there are so many references to 'grown-up situations' that I can relate to more than I did when I was a kid. I love discovering new things every time I read it.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

Hi @Cheryl Joy (K15t)  Oh, I like all of them. My favorite is probably the one where they go to Europe. About the silver spider jewel and the castle :) I've got my books packed because we are moving next week. How about you - which one is your favorite?

Like Cheryl Joy (K15t) likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

The little red book of fly fishing is one I recently came across in my library and decided to read again.

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

I really like anything by Louis Sachar and am always up to reread any Wayside School books-

Wayside School Series by Louis Sachar (goodreads.com)

I discovered a few years ago the duo of Jon Klassen and Mac Barnett and I really enjoy their The Shape Trilogy - The Shapes Trilogy by Mac Barnett (goodreads.com).

Cheryl Joy (K15t) September 30, 2022

I don't remember that one but it's been so long since I read them! I guess I should dig them out of my cupboard and re-read them sometime. My favourites were the one with the skeleton island and the one with the lake I guess.. I don't remember them too well but I know that I read these two from cover to cover in one sitting!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

Oh, I just read the skeleton island one couple of weeks ago @Cheryl Joy (K15t) ! :)

This one:

threein.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

Tokio blues norwegian wood by Murakami ;)

MURAKAMI HARUKI-SPA-TOKIO BLUES Norwegian Wood BOOK NUOVO EUR 15,06 -  PicClick IT

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

Stephen King -> The Stand

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 1, 2022

@Craig Nodwell ooh that's a good one, I just re-read IT (my favorite Stephen King) and I think it holds up. 

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

@Monique vdB Thanks for bringing that one up, a great read.  Now.... I'm taking that one to the lake for my final recovery before returning to work.  The Stand will always remain my favorite of his though.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Just found the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy while cleaning out my office.  I am going to start on it as my next read.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2022

Re-read this one, since lesson was not learned properly.. :)

6172965_MAIN.png

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2022

I remember I read lot of times Ramayana. 

Viktoriya Borisova
Community Manager
November 24, 2022

Currently re-listening (audiobook) to this one

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 11.54.43 PM.png

The voice and story is amazing

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2022

I'm currently re-reading the full Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.
I'm in love with the universe and the characters he created.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events