Throwback Thursday: What are some of your crazy sleepwalking stories from the past? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

When I was younger, I would walk in my sleep. Even into my adulthood, I would still sleepwalk but I don't do it as often anymore. Once I woke up in the middle of the night and was really cold. After a little bit I realized that my duvet (thick "blanket" we use in Iceland) was missing. So, I started searching searching in the closet, behind the bed, and in my desk drawerd (yeah right! Like it would fit in there...). Finally, I wandered out into the hall and saw there was a faint light in the kitchen, which was at the end of this rather long hall way. When I got to the kitchen and turned the corned, I saw that the refrigerator door was half open and there was my duvet; halfway tucked into the fridge!

giphy

My wife has some kind of scary stories of my sleepwalking in our early years together...

Go ahead, share some of your sleep walking stories or from your friends and family :)

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

7 comments

Comment

Adhiambo October 21, 2021

When i was about 10, we used to have seasonal games, this one time it was skipping rope season, my mum came to wake me up so i could go pee and back to sleep. I woke  up and started jumping and counting right there on the bedroom floor, i continued for some time, mum just standing there and watching until she shook me, guided me to the toilet and then to bed. I never remembered what had happened that night, i just heard the story from mum and my sis. 

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck October 21, 2021

I don't have any sleep walking stories but I used to share a room with my brother and he would talk in his sleep. One night I'm half asleep when my brother suddenly sits up like an arrow and shouts "Noooo! don't put Frida in the toilet!" (Frida is our sister). And then he was right back to sleep. Aah, sibling love. :þ 

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro October 21, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Hahaha, lovely and scary memories. Right? 🥳

I don't have any sleep walking stories, but when I was a kid, I read cartoons in the lamplight. But immediately, when I turned off the lights, all my bears started moving their bodies or eyes in my imagination. So sometimes I called my mom, sometimes I just prayed to sleep soon. Hahahaha! 

However, I still have some bears in my room, so I can't remember that childhood story because they start to move again, hahaha! 😁😁😁

Ted Bear ❤️

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

I don't sleepwalk often, but when I do, I seem to put a lot of effort into it, and there's a bit of a theme with washing things.

We discovered I was a walker when I was 8, as I tidied up after a party my parents had had, at about 3am.  Dad came downstairs because he heard me crashing around, tried to tell me off because I was loading the dishwasher "wrong", and realised I couldn't hear him because I was asleep.

Whilst on holiday on a small island, I went for a paddle in the sea and got most of the way down the beach before the raging storm smacked what felt like half the North Atlantic into my face and woke me up.

I "tidied" all my sister's cuddly toys into the dishwasher.

I loaded the washing machine with cutlery while on holiday.  Fortunately didn't turn it on.

I've been caught ironing several times.  It's not something I do a lot when I'm awake, but when I'm asleep, I don't do a good job (it's hard to iron a shirt that isn't there with an iron that isn't plugged in)

But the worst one was when I went shopping - I got up, got dressed, went to the late-night corner shop and tried to buy cat food (a week before Aliss and Esk moved in with me, so I assume I was preparing for them).  Fortunately, my friend was working there, and realised I was asleep when I didn't recognise her.

We hide all the house keys now, ever since I went for a walk in the garden a few months after we moved here.  The locks and bolts on the inside of my house are mostly not for keeping people out...

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Hahaha, you guys! Those are great stories. Thanks for sharing :)

Like Amanda Barber likes this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2021

These were fun to read! :-D 

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2023

I know I'm late to this one, but it reminds me of one of my favorite read-aloud books back from my teaching days. Here's a video of the author reading it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7fyiahPAB8&t=15s

50 Below Zero by Robert Munsch 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events