Throwback Thursday: What are some of the silly, funny things you’ve done? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Alrighteo, three weeks ago I did a post and asked you about some of the craziest things you've done. Well, I did get some feedback but not as much as I thought I would. Maybe some shy people out there... Then, as I was brushing my teeth this morning, I remembered for some odd reason two times that I did an unconventional "drive" through the drive-thru.

a) In the summer of 2020, lots of places were closed due to Covid. Dairy Queen closed the sit down inside part of their restaurants but kept the drive-thru open. However, we were travelling in a big, old RV so that was not very convenient to drive it through the drive-thru. However, I desperately wanted a Blizzard. So, I just walked behind the last car in line and walked through the drive-thru :) AND, got my lovely Blizzard.

b) At another time, I went out to get some ice cream (again!) with my wife and daughter. They usually want to go through the drive-thru. However, they always take  f o r e v e r  deciding what to get and I have to be the one speaking and asking for more time to think. So, I was kind of fighting them - wanting to go inside (this was before Covid) but no, they didn't want that. Just before pulling up to the lane that goes to the drive-thru, I pulled to the side and turned the car around. Then I reversed through the drive-thru ( @Fun Man Andy will appreciate this, I am sure). It was fine ordering since the girls were now on the ordering side. After ordering, I reverse a bit further and things were fine until a car came behind us. Then this idea of mine become award - they were staring us in the face. But still fun. When I finally pulled up to get the ice cream, the store clerk opened the window and dropped his jaw. He was so surprised and told everyone inside the store. That was fun!

giphy

So, I want to ask (kind of again): what are some of the silly, funny things you've done in the past?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

5 comments

Comment

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck February 10, 2022

Last week we had a dinner and board game night with friends and decided that we would have an "ear" theme, so everybody wore furry ears. We walked over to their house wearing the ears and I can tell you there was some staring going on in passing cars 🤣

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

When our kids were younger and in the 'car pool' age bracket, my wife used to always complain about the behavior of the carpool kids. One adult and five children aged 4-6 in a mini-van is enough to drive someone to self check into a mental hospital. I commiserated with her, but due to my work schedule could never help bear the burden. Then came the day when I was off or on vacation, but it was a school day for the kids - and I volunteered to help with car pool and give my wife's ears and nerves a rest. 

As the kids alighted the minivan I was immediately able to assess who the troublemakers were and hatched a plan. I asked everyone if they liked the Zoo, and there was a unanimous yes. Then I started asking them one by one what their favorite animal was - and did impressions of each one. The kids were laughing and enjoying it, each waiting their turn to tell me what animal they wanted to hear next. My own child was beaming with pride about his father's talents. I was actually afraid the kids may have an accident in their pants they were so giddy. But no one screamed, no one tried to get up from their car seat, and when I dropped off each child they couldn't wait to tell their parent about Mr. Gladstone's Safari.

When my son and I finally got home and my wife asked how things were, I told her I didn't know what she was talking about (which she didn't appreciate too much 😂). The next Gladstone carpool day she found out all about it when the kids each entered the car quietly expecting her to perform. Needless to say, I am the one with the animal impression talent in our family, but she played along anyway.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen Thanks for this interesting post! Since I do not have any other silly or funny thing to share that I remember from the past, I will just pass this by but I am eagerly waiting to see and read such silly/funny experiences of other wonderful people here.

Have a nice week ahead, everyone!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

This is a tough one.  I do tons of silly things.  I guess this would be one of my most recent claims to fame.

As a donation incentive for Extra Life I sang the Power Rangers theme song, while wearing a Power Rangers helmet and using a voice changer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srsZj4yP1Ow

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2022

These are awesome - thanks for sharing!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events