Throwback Thursday: Spring vibes - What is your fav holiday spots? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
It's spring time! I am so ready for spring and summer. For me and my family, our fav is for sure San Clemente in California! When we go, we always try to stay in the old red and white part of the city. I love the winding streets and the layout. And the beach and the pier. Just such a great place for us.
sc.jpg
So, what is your favorite holiday spots?
Or where do you plan on going on vacation this summer?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

28 comments

Comment

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hey @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,

thanks for this ... thinking about vacations certainly puts us in a good mood :)

I love sea and I'm so lucky to live in the south of italy. Many wonderful places are near my house. Tropea is one of my favourite place for my vacation

Tropea, borgo in Calabria: cosa vedere - Italia.it

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Great question, we seldomly go to the same spot twice and I love exploring new places.

I do love the Belgian Ardennes for short weekend getaways and can recommend them if you're into walks, woods, tiny towns, rivers, and WW2 history.

I am looking forward to learning about some amazing new places, like Tropea mentioned above by @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ .

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

I'm waiting for you @Peter Van de Voorde , you will be my guest :)

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

I'm not a traveler myself, but inspire me with all your destinations ...

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen since you started with a mention of Spring Time, I'll reply in that regard. My wife and I love the spring as it relaunches our weekend hikes. We have a bucket list of hikes on Long Island we have been ticking off. We also love hiking a little further upstate NY where the waterfalls that we get to encounter this time of year are majestic with the spring thaw feeding the rivers, streams and waterways that act as the source for these wonders of nature!

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2023

Going "Up North" enjoying the Northern Midwest.  In the summer, hearing the lapping of the lake on the shoreline.  

This summer, planning on a roadtrip.  "Don't know to where, but I'm gonna get there."

Like # people like this
Urmo May 11, 2023

This summer deffently want to be in bog before sunrise and after that roadtrip to Latvia or somewhere else to near Estonia.

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

Summer travel for us is typically camping, glamping, and going "up north" like @Dan Breyen mentioned. We tend to do our vacations in winter or early spring to get away from the cold here in Wisconsin. 🏕

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2023

OUTDOORs of any type. We bought an RV several years ago and we have been completing trips. Last year was the canyon trip (Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Antelope Canyon, Arches, Grand Canyon). This month we go to the Cumberland Gap area of Kentucky and then on to Tennessee. Spring in this area is supposed to be beautiful.  

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

I just recently went to Hawaii and I go again in Oct so Summer vacation for me will be staycations at local resorts and maybe a trip up north to Sedona to get out of the Phoenix heat. I love the red rocks in Sedona and the cool breezes make it all worth it! 

Sedona.jpgSedona2.jpg

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro May 11, 2023

Wowwwww, amazing pictures and suggestions to be @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

I'm based in Brazil, so I'm wondering and planning to go to NY again soon. Maybe only on my vacation time. But for now, I love the sun and sea to snorkel, so it'd be a great fit at Fernando de Noronha Beach in Brazil. 

Take a look at this possibility >>> 😃

Have a great day and great of the week, Community! 😃❤️⭐️🙏🏽

160137-Dois-Irmaos-Hill.jpg

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

I love to discover new places but recently after finally buying our first car  🚗  we're now on a mission to explore as many places in the South of England as we can - Rye, Camber sands, Canterbury, even visited Stonehenge and Winchester for the first time!

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

We head to the lake in Bobcaygeon as often as possible.  
A place made famous because of a line in a song.

Like # people like this
Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

Overall, my favorite spot is Hawaii! I love the island views and vibes.

But, I'm a Midwesterner at heart, so like @Amanda Barber and @Dan Breyen, my spring and summer trips are usually just around Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan. I love the blooming flowers and trees this time of year. 

Here's a photo from my most recent trip to Hawaii last year.

hawaii2.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

Like Peter I prefer to go to different places each time usually. However my oldest son lives close to Glacier National Park - so beautiful!!

IMG_0993.jpeg

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

My husband and I try to go down to Key Largo Florida twice a year to go scuba diving.  I am happy to say that we are booked to go again at the end of May!  :)
Here is a picture of me during one of our last trips: dittescubasmall.jpg

Like # people like this
Chris Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2023

I'm so inspired by all of these pictures. Italy has been on my list for a while now, and we are looking to go in the fall. Definitely want to do some US road trips and visit some of the 20 states I haven't been to yet. Thanks for starting this conversations @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

@Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_ - Hawaii is my favorite too! That pic looks like it is taken at the top of Diamond Head! I have a similar one! Here's a pic from my trip to Maui this past April. I'm going to the Big Island in October! Can't Wait! 
1.jpg

Like # people like this
Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

@Summer_Hogan you nailed it! My pic is from Diamond Head. Wow, I'm so jealous! Enjoy it this October!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2023

giphy

all for sharing awesome places, memories, and ideas. Love it! Have a great weekend, KGM.

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2023

Its summer for us in India, and its Holidays time for children and we love to go to our Home Town (village) full of Mangoes and Icecreams and enjoy village atmosphere then routine city life. 

we get lot of time to spend with families and friends. 

Vikram P

Like # people like this
Nicole Pomponio May 17, 2023

I have to go with the OG, trip down the Shore. Disney has a place in my heart and soul, but the beach brings back the best childhood memories!

Like # people like this
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

It's 🥭 time

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

I like going to Port Dickson; it's a beach resort about 1/2 an hour from where I stay.

Like # people like this
Matin Shaikh May 24, 2023

I am based in Thailand so I always go to the beach or do island hopping when I am on a holiday. I try to visit a new place every time so I can explore more places. My favorite spots so far are Krabi, Phuket, Koh Tao, and Koh Samui.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events