Throwback Thursday: Recurring bad dreams… what is your nightmare? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Alrightyeo! Today we are having a counseling session (well kind of, please keep it g-rated and not too personal). I must start off by admitting that I just cant think of one right now but I am curious to read about yours :)

giphy

So, what is your recurring nightmare?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

11 comments

Comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2022

Cool topic, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen  👍🏻

When I was younger, I worked for a wholesale dairy products company (during the winter and summer holidays between university semesters). I delivered dairy products to stores.

One summer, my route included a stretch of highway through a deep valley. In the V of the valley, a long bridge spanned the river below — many yards/kilometers below. 

In a recurring nightmare, the bridge would be missing a major portion of the span, but I would only realize this when it was far too late to stop in time.

Thankfully, I would always wake up from this nightmare just before driving off the bridge.

I still have the nightmare — very infrequently though — to this day. 

I wonder what Freud would say? 😉

GIF by Cartoon Hangover

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2022

I would normally say "great topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen", but this week I'm not sure that's how I feel ;)

When I was much younger, my parents battled many sleepless night with me having the same night terrors of being chased by giant spiders, this was long before the second Harry Potter movie and also the movie Eight Legged Freaks.

I also believe this is where my fear of spiders stems from.

Now I'm going to go find my happy place!

Like # people like this
Sarah.Eaton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2022

Communal bathrooms of any sort, open plan showers, toilets, bathtubs, just hideous! That is my recurring nightmare.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2022

I have had a recurring dream/nightmare/nightscare for the past 21 years since I became a parent. The recurring theme is that my family is in danger and I can see them, but cannot run to save them. It's not that I am paralyzed, but that I actually have forgotten how to run and my legs will not cooperate with what my brain is telling them to do. I must have had this dream 250+ times over the past 21 years, each time waking up in a sweat and immediately feeling my legs to see if they are even there.  

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2022

For some reason I always dream that I'm in college and have registered for 5 classes but always accidentally end up missing one of the classes each day and then I realize at the end of the day and freak out and say "tomorrow I'll go" and then it repeats.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2022

I am not sure this qualified as a nightmare, but I have recurring dreams about my late husband who passed away about 6 years ago at the age of 37. Sometimes he is just there in the dream and other times he speaks to me. Sometimes he is even upset or mad at me. I guess that might qualify for the nightmare part. Having this dreams is a good and bad thing. Sometimes I am happy to see him and sometimes it just makes me sad! 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2022

Wow, thank you all! Yes @Jimmy Seddon I totally understand you not saying "great topic". Hopefully sharing these dreams can help someone work through them or something...

Hope y'all have a fabulous day!

giphy

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 3, 2022

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Good to see your post this morning, and now I could stop a tad to reply. 🤗

In January, I saw the "Back to the Outback" cartoon. And it's a great movie with a special meaning. But, no spoilers.

However, I had a nightmare that I was on a cruise trip with my Mom. And Maddie - the blue snake - attacked all the crew. I was terrified, trying to save people and my Mom. Finally, I woke up yelling for help. Thank God my husband was there and calmed me down. 😁🥳🙏🏽 

maxresdefault.jpeg

"Taking the opportunity, may we have world peace as soon as possible."  💙💛

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2022

That's a nice topic, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

Normally, I am a very sound or deep sleeper and rarely get into the world of dreams (good or bad) while I am sleeping.

But, one nightmare I remember that happened to me multiple times is that I have lost my work visa status in US due to some political situations and had to leave my job & career to go back to India with my family. It always wakes me up alarmingly and then I feel a bit relaxed after a bit when I realize that I am still in my apartment in US.

Somehow, I feel that this is a nightmare for every person I have met who is surviving here in US on work visa status in both good and bad times to live their "American dream" and in hope of getting a permanent status.

Have a great nightmare-less Thursday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2022

Thanks @Taranjeet Singh & @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro for sharing. I have the green card and I think I had a similar dream when I was waiting for my green card to arrive. That it got lost in the mail :/

Hope you have a great Friday!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 4, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen Happy Friday to you and all Community! 😃 🙏🏽

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events