Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: RV/camper/travel trailer stories #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
It is summer time. Camping and traveling is the thing. For a couple of years, we had this 30 foot RV.
IMG_2413.jpg
We drove it a lot in the western part of USA. It was a great fun. Once the whole family went on a cruise from LA so we drove it down there. Much more fun travelling that way.
rv1.jpg
My wife painted it all on the inside and made it super nice, clean, and cute. We even used it to carry our stuff and pull the uHaul trailer when we moved to Florida! Slept in it during the travel. 
Soooo, what RV/camper/travel trailer stories do you have to share with us?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

17 comments

Comment

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2024

Well, I don't have any RV/Travel Trailer stories as I've never had one.  After seeing a bunch of videos on YouTube, I'm tempted to rent one for a vacation and travel around the countryside for awhile.  

I kinda like the idea of not having to plan on being in hotel rooms for a vacation.

Like # people like this
Juan Carlos Pin June 27, 2024

Soooooo cool!

We've always wanted to rent an RV and cross from Spain up to Normandy and see Caen, Rennes, Cherbourg and Mont Saint Michel. AAAAWESOME!

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2024

Never been in one of those RVs. But have driven to the East cost of Malaysia to checkout the cultural differences.

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2024

I once had a boyfriend who owned a giant motor home—the kind that's the size of a bus. We once drove it from upstate New York to Vermont for the weekend (in the summer). Then, he parked it in the parking lot of a hotel and went in and got a room.

I was confused. Why did we take that behemoth, which did not have the best gas mileage and was not easy to maneuver on mountain roads, if we were going to stay in a hotel? This was a first indication that the relationship would not last. 😀

I did have fun going Alpine sledding, though, which is like a bobsled run in a cement track. It was fun going really fast without the ice and cold.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2024

Thanks for sharing your comments and stories!

TBT Happy Friday yall.jpg

Like # people like this
Ciara TN
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2024

Slightly late but rather late than never. :) 

I went down to stay with my cousin in a caravan when we were kids. For dinner we were sent to the local chipper (in Ireland they sell fish, chips etc) and my cousin and I ate a few chips (fries) on the way back, her a lot more than me. 

She got an earful when her mum saw only a handful of chips left for dinner :D 

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2024

Slightly late, but here I am on a Friday posting on a TBT post. I don't have any RV or camping stories as those are not my things, but just wanted to say "HI" and "Happy Friday" to all you fine folks and @Kristján Geir Mathiesen! Have a great weekend and for those of you in the United States, have a great 4th of July! 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2024

Some #TBT on a Fri-yay is totally legal, @Summer Hogan  Good seeing you in here. Have a great weekend!

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2024

LOVE the remodel from your wife!  Kudos to her!  :)  I don't own an RV or camper so I can't contribute to this TBT, but I DO love tent camping and go as often as I can!

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2024

Unfortunately I have never been able to experience going in a caravan, but many people have told me that it is a very fun experience, maybe, at some point in my life, I will try it, I have many experiences left to live and this is one of them

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2024

Here in our country, we do not have RV's, but we have travellers van.

all my family members with relatives go for tour in summer. (from south to north in India) 

its best trips we enjoy with lots of lots of fun.

All members bring some or other eatables to eat while travelling.

Vikram P

Like # people like this
Emmanuel.A July 2, 2024

Thats awesome

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2024

I have always wanted to rent one of the big ones and do some traveling across the Western US, but have never done it. Maybe one day!

Like # people like this
Daria Kulikova July 9, 2024

I have never travelled in RV/camper/travel trailer, but I think it should be awesome. However, I know how it's travelling by car. Once with my friends we ranted a car and travelled for 2 weeks. We crossed the USA by car, starting our journey in NYC and finishing it in San Francisco.  

Like # people like this
MJ Schrader July 9, 2024

I travel with two spaniels and have debated if getting a camper is what we need, finding dog friendly hotels is always a bit of a chore. But I travel once or twice a year so it's hard to say that it's worth it. 

So I don't have any camper stories! but love to learn more.

Also your wife's repaint of your camper is amazing @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Like # people like this
Hans Polder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2024

On my last holiday to New Zealand, we rented a campervan. But was kind of small and would need quite some converting to be able to sleep in it. And since we were used to the relative comfort of at least having a bed and shower, we only slept in motels, hostels and a few exceptional hotels on the way.

It still provided some extra freedom though as it had a well-enough sized fridge, a small portable cooking stove and some utensils, which we did use on our travels. I can still remember the hot cup of tea we managed to make after a long, cold hike in the mountains. Since we had to cook outside, the flames barely persisted in the the crazy wind...but with a lot of patience we were finally able to heat up some water. 

IMG_20231114_100647.jpg

Like # people like this
Neil Fletcher July 23, 2024

Hi everyone,

Here's my VW Campervan on a recent trip to Nærøyfjord in Norway.

Fun fact... the lever next to the gas bottle doesn't turn the gas on and off... it dumps all the fresh water out of the tank.   Found out the hard way :o

thumbnail_IMG_2660.jpg

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events