Throwback Thursday: On what date and in what month were you born?

It's Thursday!
giphy
This #TBT goes way back, all the way to the day you were born :) Ever since I started living in the USA (as an exchange student, during college years, now, and during all my visits), I have been grateful for the date of my birthday: May 5th. You see, in Europe it is 5. of May but in USA it's May 5th. However, I never have to think about it: 05.05.
My wife is born Febuary 14th so I always have to stop and think "which country am I in?" before saying 02.14 or 14.02... Same goes for all my children.
giphy
Oh and happy Cinco de Mayo, people!
What about you - what is the date and month you entered this world?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

18 comments

Comment

Sue Wilson May 5, 2022

I was born on 12/17 (December 17), easy for me to remember after all these years, but I still believe it's "too close to Christmas" for my taste!  LOL.  My daughter was born on 2/12 (February 12) and hers is remembered because she shares a birthday with the infamous President Abraham Lincoln.  When I was in school, I had to do a research paper on President Lincoln, so, the irony is not lost here.  My son is the easiest of all as he shares your birthday, today, 05/05 (May 5), Cinco de Mayo.  To add to the ease of his date, he was born in 2000, so whatever the year = his age on 5/5.  Eazy Peazy!  Happy Birthday to you and Happy Cinco de Mayo to ALL!!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Happy Birthday @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !!!

I was born December 15. 

@swilson  -  my wedding anniversary is December 17.  :-)

Like # people like this
Duane Harlick May 5, 2022

I'm a two-niner...  Along with Carole King, Joe Pesci and Travis Tritt...  ;-)

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

I was born on 17th July 🙂

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

22/2 😁 can't complain

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

And happy b-day @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ! 5/5 is an amazing date, easy to remember. 🍰 

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck May 5, 2022

23/11 :þ 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

Happy Birthday @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

I was born on April 15. Easy to remember in the United States as it is Tax Day. Not exactly the emotion I want people to equate with my birthday, but makes it a memorable date nonetheless.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

Happy Birthday @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ! I was born on 11/11, which is also easy to remember and it is also Veteran's Day in the United States! I get the day off work at my current company so that makes it even better! And a cute story; since my dad was a veteran of the US Air Force we call each other and he wishes me a happy birthday and I wish him a happy veterans day and then we go get some free desserts somewhere! Fun times! 

Like # people like this
Giovanni Schiano-Moriello May 5, 2022

:O What have you done to that pizza 🤌

08/19 and I feel your pain, always have to watch for different date formats on system import/export and official documents which seem to roll a dice with the day/month/year ordering.

Don't ask for my mother's maiden name or street I grew up on next :)

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

21/1, 3 day before the Lunar New Year😀

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

Happy birthday @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

I was born on April Fool's Day.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

Thanks everyone for sharing!

@Tuncay Senturk  I have a brother that shares your birthday :)

@summer.hogan that is cool! On Monday, I accidentally met someone that is born 10-10. She told me that when I had to tell her my birthday (due to verification for something).

@Giovanni Schiano-Moriello hahaha, good one! When I was writing this, I kept wondering if people would be sensitive to share. Then I decided to just ask for month and day :) 

@Andy Gladstone from now on, you will be known as the Taxman or maybe "Taxday, baby!" (said in Joey Tribbiani fashion)

giphy

@swilson that is so nice when people are born on the whole tenth (like 2000 or 1990). Awesome!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

Nice post, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

Wish you a belated happy birthday!

Sorry I am a bit late to the party as my family and I are currently fighting with Covid-19 :-(

My date of birth is 08/29. Nothing special to remember.

But I do remember my daughter's birthday (10/02) easily as she shares her birthday with a personality who played an important role in India's independence movement and founding & spreading the concept of non-violence; Mahatma Gandhi!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Like # people like this
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2022

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen As you know I was also born in the greatest year (1970).  on the 25th day of the 8th month. 

When is the next meeting of the 1970 club!?!? 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2022

Awesome @Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_  I don't know when but next 1970 club meeting should for sure include some tasty BBQ...  By the way, I grilled a Tri-Tip yesterday and used your BBQ rub. Very good! Thanks again for the rub.

Like # people like this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2022

3/7 over here

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

June 18 (6/18) - I get to share my birthday with Father's Day (in the US) every few years.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events