cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: Memorable holiday you went on back in the day? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Only two more days until the weekend ;)

Ok, when I was six years old and living in Iceland, my family went on a holiday to Guernsey and Jersey. I remember going to a war museum (like a bunker), remember walking to the beach, and how I was told that you had to be approved / admitted in order to live there :) 

Guernsey_KGM.jpg

Picture of me sailing from Guernsey back in 1976. I guess I don't remember a whole lot but certain smells bring memories back. This was my first time in an airplane so that was a biggie.

eyjan.jpg

Bonus: the suffix ey actually means island in Icelandic.  Just like Wikipedia says: "From Anglosaxon and in placenames, with the meaning of "island", as in Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, or Surtsey."

Since it is summer time, tell us about a memorable holiday you took or even the one you are on right now! What was it?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

4 comments

Comment

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Only from April 2019, but one of the most memorable I made so far, my trip to South Korea.

I'm from Belgium and was 21 years old when I decided I wanted to visit South Korea on my own. Just to get out of my comfort zone :) 

Loved the culture, the food, the people, everything! Going back in April 2022 to learn Korean in Seoul. That's how much I loved it!

IMG_4547.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

I think the most memorable holiday for me was when I turned 9 years old.  My sister would have been 6 at the time.  My parents drove from our home in London, Ontario, Canada, to Orlando, Florida, USA.  It was a two or three week trip where we made many stops along the way including the coco-cola museum in Atlanta.  With Walt Disney world being the final destination on the way there.

Looking back, it was an amazing sight seeing vacation and Walt Disney would is an extremely magical place.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Jorden Van Bogaert  That must have been quite the trip!

@Jimmy Seddon  I, myself, went to Disney World when I was 8 years old and YES, what a truely magical place :) So fun to go there as a kid!

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2021

A few years back, took a spring break trip to the beach in Michigan. Got ice cream, went for a walk. You know, things you do in April on vacation.

image.png

But in Michigan style, it was 38ºF / 3ºC that day. A memorable vacation and walk on the beach for sure!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events