Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: Favorite browser? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
The internet, as we know it, has been around for 30+ years now. The Netscape browser has always had a special place in my internet heart. Look at this amazing logo/icon it had:
giphy
Soooo, what is your favorite browser?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

26 comments

Comment

Juan Carlos Pin September 5, 2024

Wooooo Netscape was awesome, you were able to get email, newsletters (which were a lot of fun on itself), and a browser all in one.

I loved it.

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2024

I never even used Netscape. It was always Internet Explorer for me 😅

I've been a Firefox-only user for a long time, but since YouTube forced ads and they started showing up while I was using Firefox, I've decided to switch to Brave. And I must admit, apart from having no ads, I love some features, such as the possibility to create and save a group of bookmarks 😄

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2024

I never really had a favorite browser I've used Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Edge, Firefox, Netscape, Brave, and now Arc.

There were always some things that worked well and some things that didn't.

My least favorite was probably IE.

Like # people like this
Teodora V _Fun Inc_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2024

I used Opera for a very good number of years and it's still my biggest escape from Chrome and Safari.

Like # people like this
Stéphane Veraart September 5, 2024

Netscape and Firefox for a long time, after that Chrome. Never been a IE fan.

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2024

Netscape was my favorite browser too! It's like a vintage vinyl record—classic :) 

I remember when waiting for a page to load.

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2024

My favourite one is Firefox 

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2024

Netscape was my browser of choice!  I agree @Kristján Geir Mathiesen that icon was pretty cool, especially for the time.  Sadly, as 'Google it' became part of the vocabulary, Netscape gave way to Chrome, etc.  

Want to see what all these old browsers looked like?  There are several websites that will let you see how these old browsers actually looked like.  Just know that with older browsers come older PCs with older, slower chips.  (the sites aren't that fast).

Like # people like this
Rishabh Jhawar
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2024

I used Firefox until 2010 or 2011 and have been using Chrome since then. I also use DuckDuckGo on my phone.

By the way, I have almost used all of the browsers, though.

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2024

I don't know that I've ever had a favorite browser, but I know there have been some I did not like. I'm not sure if this was because I was forced to use them—HTML Help only worked in IE, the new IT support people only allow me to use Edge, etc. Maybe I have a bias against Microsoft browsers. 😉 I'm not sure why, since I'm happy with many of their other products.

Sometimes I miss the days when I wasn't bombarded by things I didn't care about, but then I actually use my cell phone to call people.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2024

In the early days, it was Internet Explorer. I briefly explored Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge, but since I switched to Chrome, I never went back, despite its privacy and memory usage concerns.

Like # people like this
Shreeja J
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2024

Throwback to Netscape, that’s a classic! I’ve always been a fan of Chrome — it’s fast, simple, and gets the job done. Definitely my go-to browser.
Let’s make this Thursday awesome, KGM!

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2024

From Netscape to IE to Firefox to Chrome to Opera.

Opera is my favourite and go to browser now. I only use Firefox for additional testing purposes.

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2024

OMG @Barbara Szczesniak , HTML Help was my first browser!! How funny 🤣 My first general browser was Netscape, loved it, then I used IE until Firefox came out and I switched. Used Opera for a while and liked the interface but at that point I got tired of switching browsers because of rapidly changing interfaces and the DOM (or lack thereof, in Microsoft's case) for web development and just started using Chrome. Now I use Firefox more often, plus Duck Duck Go browser and search engine.

Like # people like this
Getjan_lammers September 6, 2024

Chrome, in fact i only remember  squealing of Internet Explorer.

Since Goooogle started.... their producs are my favorite

Like # people like this
Petr Fučík September 6, 2024

I usually use Chrome and it works well.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2024

Thank you all for your comments :)

Happy Friday!

Tomi Pohja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2024

Chrome

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2024

Hello everyone

My favorite browser is Brave, but I admit that I used Netscape for a long time until it became totally obsolete. I loved it, I have a lot of affection for it, they are great memories.

Thank you for bringing this beautiful memory.

Regards

Like # people like this
Amol Dongare September 11, 2024

#TBT

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2024

Netscape was a great browser.  

Diego Chen September 12, 2024

Edge->Safria->Firefox->Chrome

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2024

Netscape is so good all in one browser 

but now I love mozilla firefox good to use and check vulnerabilities. 

Vikram P

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2024

Google Chrome!

Edge is used to be fine but they added too many annoying features that need an opt-out.

Daria Kulikova September 16, 2024

I Have never used Netscape. The one that I prefer is Chrome. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events