Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: At what age did you learn how to swim? #TBT

29 comments

Comment

Emily _ DevSamurai
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2024

OMG speaking of...

I literally had no experience when it came to swimming and 'water' in general. I was born and grew up on a highland in extreme weather, so there is no swimming pool in my hometown. Then I moved to the city for university, where, ironically, I had to pass the swimming lesson to graduate. Of course, I hated it so badly. And you know, once you hate something, you will never do it right, or make any effort to do it right. 

I failed the swimming class, took me 2 classes to get it done. But turns out I have loved swimming since then. Part of it was because I finally tried my best to do it, and so swimming is now my all-time favorite kind of sport. It left me scars (in my soul, I did countlessly sink in the pool and had my coach save me up XD), it tortured me, it scared me to death. But eventually, I fall so hard for it. Even my top priority when looking for an apartment is having a swimming pool 🏊.

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2024

The tender age of 3. I looooove swimming so much. Spent 15 years in waterpolo. What a great sport. So sad that birth defects came to light aged 24 and killed it all off for me. Worst back problems ever.

Bummer!!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2024

Best "learn to swim" experience I ever heard was an epic mate back at school who I affectionally always called J-Law. 

He and his brother learned to swim out in the Mediterranean on their Grandad's boat.

He literally took them out one day (roughly around age 5), threw them over the side and said "Swim back" and sat drinking a cold brew whilst they almost died. [But they did get back and were both great swimmers].

download (1).jpeg

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2024

I learned to swim when I was 4 years old.  

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events