Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: A time machine does exist! #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

This post is not so much a question as it is informational (or I hope it is!). Do you ever wonder how a certain website used to look? Want to go back and check it out? Well, as it turns out, you can! I've used the following two a little.

Archive.org has been taking snapshots af webpages since 1996. It can be fun turning back the time and see how "old" and "simple" the web was back in the day.

archiveorg.jpg

On Oldweb.today, you can actually choose which browser to use while browsing old or new web sites, which is even cooler. I used to LOVE Netscape back in the day, so of course I chose it in my time travels :) (so awesome so see the sky move behind the N)

oldweb.jpg

If you are feeling nostalgic, then you can use one of these two above to do some "time travel". 

Tell us about any fun "time travel" sites that you use or have run into?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

6 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2021

This is AWESOME @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

Ahh good old GeoCities.... Now if only I could use AskJeeves to search through those pages :D

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  yes GeoCities! :) Some of the things that were so important to us few years ago, we've totally forgotten today...

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2021

That's interesting to see these old websites and remember those old web  days.

The web is really changing fast!

Like # people like this
Sudeera Abeywickrema August 26, 2021

nice!, it even make that IE loading sound

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2021

Oh wow! What a great throwback @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 😄

It's like a trip down memory lane using oldweb.today, it shows just how much has changed over the years.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2021

Yeah isn't it crazy how it has changed much, @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ ?!? And how quickly we forget / become used to new technology and looks. Pretty crazy! Glad you enjoyed that memory lane trip :)

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events