Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take part in Research at Atlassian - Join the Atlassian Research Group!

Hello Community!

I’m from the Research & Insights team here at Atlassian where we run, well, research with our customers on a weekly basis. :sunglasses:

No doubt that a lot of you are here to connect, learn, and share with others, and our researchers want to do the very same thing with you.

If you are open to sharing your thoughts, ideas, and opinions with us to help shape the future of Atlassian products, we have just the place for you: The Atlassian Research Group.

So what is the Atlassian Research Group?

The Atlassian Research Group is our official program for conducting research at Atlassian. When you sign up to the Atlassian Research Group, we’ll ask a few questions about you. Your answers will help us make sure you get invited to research that’s relevant to you!

Once you’ve completed those questions, you will receive a welcome email from "Research @ Atlassian.” We will then email you occasionally about specific upcoming studies to see if you're a good fit. 

What’s in it for me?

By joining the Atlassian Research Group, you may receive invitations to research studies, the ability to influence and improve Atlassian products, thank you gifts for taking part in research, and more!

feb22df0-71b1-4a42-9b51-c75fee51f9e4.png

What kind of research can I expect?

Our research sessions can includes user interviews, usability tests with prototypes, getting honest feedback on our new features, and more. All of the fantastic feedback we get helps shape our product decisions and overall strategy.

Ready to tell us what you think?

Have your voice heard by signing up here!

We’re very excited to hear your valuable feedback!

13 comments

Comment

Danine O_Donnell March 2, 2023

I signed up 

Vanessa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2023
Like Danine O_Donnell likes this
Caylie Panuccio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2023

Yes, please sign up and come sit with talk to us!

If you talk with me you'll get to see some cool swords on the wall behind me (not even joking, I actually have swords!)

giphy.gif

Like # people like this
Jousef March 3, 2023

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2023

Excited for this!  I signed up :)

Like Vanessa likes this
Vanessa
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2023

@Jousef - 

Like Jousef likes this
Vanessa
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2023

@Kristin Lyons - Love it!  :D

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2023

I would echo that this is a great way to provide feedback to Atlassian. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2023

I came here to say exactly what @John Funk did!  I have been a part of the research group for some time and it's amazing!  You get the opportunity to have a sneak peek at things Atlassian is working on long before they are ever announced.  You also get to provide your thoughts, opinions and feedback which may influence the way in which a feature or product gets built.  The thank you gifts are always nice too ;)

Like # people like this
Vanessa
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2023

Thanks for the Atlassian Research Group love, @John Funk and @Jimmy Seddon   🙌 

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2023

I signed up immediately after learning about it! 😄

Trina Banerjee March 28, 2023

Amazing opportunity.  Look forward to learning from you :)

simon fj April 10, 2023

Hi Vanessa,

Look, can I turn this around?

You're talking about research and joining the Atlassian group. That's not the way I've ever done research, especially if I'm trying to understand a culture. In your case a its a very American culture; one that seems to think going into the cloud is the only way forward. (You're going to have to excuse me, as I, like Mike and Scott, am an Aussie, so we don't beat around the bush).

I'm hoping to convince you, and the research team, to join the largest research networks on the planet.

One's on your side of the Atlantic. The other one is in Europe. To make this perfectly clear, every country has an R&E network, which is composed of layers below the application's layer, which is Atlassian's focus.

As Atlassian employees, the research team has an absolutely huge opportunity, simply because, when you get past the usual brochure-ware - the web pages - you can find two Confluence dashboards. Again, one on your side of the Atlantic, one in Europe.Taken together, these two (federated) instances represent just about every R&E uni, school and lab on the planet. Just hit the Log In on the top right to get some idea.

Both communities use Atlassian products to bring their teams/groups/task forces together. They've done this for decades. So if you want to get some insight into what they want, and how they use Atlassian products to secure their inter-networking while building their communities, then your research/marketing teams need to be part of the global fabric.

Its called open research, and like every culture, one can't explain it. Ya just gotta live in it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events