Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Leader Laura Holton shares her joy for helping Atlassian beginners grow through community

Today we are highlighting Laura Holton’s journey as an online and Atlassian Community Events Leader! From working in the Atlassian ecosystem through the lens of marketing, to advising charities as they learn agile, Laura shares with us her dedication for helping beginners succeed in applying the agile methodology within the Atlassian ecosystem.

As we spotlight Leaders in both Atlassian Community Leader programs, we hope you enjoy the journey each Leader has taken to find a community of likeminded people interested in growing their potential with Atlassian products and practices.

laura.001.jpeg

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself + your role?

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 11.05.41 AM.png

How did you hear about the Atlassian community?

I probably first heard about the Community back in 2019. When I joined my company, the consultants I worked with shared the community as a resources and said “this is a good place to learn.“ I started asking a lot of questions and trying to find my feet, since it was my first time with Jira and Confluence. About four months later, I started dipping my toes into answering questions and found a love for giving back. After a year of building and building my knowledge, I finally plucked up the courage to apply to be a Community Leader in 2021! Now, here I am - and still loving being a Community Leader.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 10.59.58 AM.png

Why did you decided to be a Leader in the Online and ACE programs?

---------------------------------------------

Learn about the Community Leader Program

Explore Free, User-Led Events

---------------------------------------------

What have you enjoyed about being an Online Leader / ACE Leader? How do you balance the two?

Is everything an answer? I fundamentally enjoy the community part itself and the impact it has, especially reaching new people and helping them. No matter who you are in the ecosystem, the audience is the same - all open to learning.

The two Leader programs require very different contribution, but at the end of the day they kinda fit in and around each other, which is what allows for the balance. For the online program, I have to set time to make sure I answer a number of questions, whereas planning an event can be a shared responsibility that takes time on and off to organize. Neither contradict the other and I can pull knowledge from each to improve on the other.

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 9.33.52 PM.png

What influence has your involvement in either program had in your profession and sense of community?

What’s one tip you’d give a Leader who is in or considering to be in both programs?

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 6.58.30 PM.png

Thank you, Laura, for sharing! You can find Laura at the Rotterdam ACE

Open to meeting fellow curious minds? Join free, user-led events - wherever you are.

Stay tuned for more spotlights and check out past ones here!

7 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

Best expresses how excited I was to see @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ featured!

Like # people like this
Jamie MacDonald May 1, 2023

Great article @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ !

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Awesome! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2023

Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

Fantastic!  Loved reading this @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_!

Like # people like this
Michaela Mayer _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2023

Love this article and getting to know you more, @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_! Hope to meet you in-person soon! 🤩

Like # people like this
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2023

This is just so awesome to see and hear @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ story.
Congrats on the amazing journey. 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events