☕️ Weekly Atlassian News Roundup | 2nd May 2022

Good morning community!

We have some exciting news from the ecosystem to cover this week including Q3 F22 Atlsssian's letter to stakeholders, new Atlassian's CTO, and an interesting early access program not only for Jira Admins.

Have a look 👇👀

We run Monday coffee with Jexo podcast weekly on Youtube and Spotify, subscribe so you don't miss the next episode! 

Important announcements

Early Access Program of the new Backup & Restore for Confluence & Jira 

You can enroll in the program to give a new Backup experience a try. A quick note, currently, you can only test data backup - restore will be available for a test soon.

Rajeev Rajan is joining Atlassian as CTO

The big news was announced last week - Atlassian appoints a new CTO - Rajeev Rajan - former head of engineering in Meta. 

Post-Incident Review on the Atlassian April 2022 outage

An incident report on April's outage on 883 Cloud sites describing details of an incident and next steps.

🚀 Latest new improvements and announcements to the Atlassian products

Changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

The majority of changes in the interface and behavior are related to the Epic name field, Epic color, and Epic status. If you're using Epics in company-managed projects this post definitely worth scanning through. 

🗓 Events

Find this week's events on 👉 Weekly Atlassian Events Roundup

🧨Ecosystem acquisitions and investments

Valiantys + Keensight Capital

Valiantys, an Atlassian Partner for more than 15 years, has now entered into an exclusivity agreement with Keensight Capital to get a majority stake in Valiantys.

TIMETOACT GROUP acquires Catworkx

Platinum Atlassian Solution Partner Catworkx just got acquired by Timetoact Group, a leading IT services provider in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.

📚Article of the week

Atlassian's Q3 FY22 letter to shareholders

Must read for everyone highly involved in the ecosystem. Read about Atlassian's achievements in the last quarter and where they're heading.

Hope you enjoyed your morning coffee with us ☕️

Have a great week and see you next time!

PS: Let me know what excited you most in the Shareholder's letter - Besides interesting numbers, I was surprised about Trello Dashcards, can't believe I missed this great feature! 🤓 

5 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

Hi @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ Thank you for your efforts and interest in bringing out the weekly round up. Nice to know information :)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

Great update @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ !  Thank you!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

Thanks @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_. I always find an update here that I was not aware of before and add it to my reading list for the week. Great way to start a Monday!

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2022

Thanks for another awesome roundup @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ 🙌  every Monday I'm there watching on your LinkedIn stream!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2022

Thank you for these awesome updates as always, @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events