Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to community moderators - replies being removed?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi,

This is a question for the moderators

I put a lot of time and consideration in my replies on the community to give people the best chance of solving their problems.  I have noticed of late that I have responded to a question, seen the page load with my response but then go back later to find there is no response from me against that question. I am almost certain my replies aren't breaking the community guidelines in any way  

On the community, can/do posts get removed without explanation?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Dreamsuite Mike Technically, this is possible without notification, but that would go against the guidelines for Community Leaders.

Has this happened more than once to you?

Btw, as this is not related to the Trello product group, I'm moving this question, just so you are aware.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

Okay, I wasn't sure where to place it and seeing as the instances where it did happen were in the Trello group, I put it there.

It has happened 3 times and all in the past 2-3 days

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

Hi @Dreamsuite Mike ,

I did a bit of research and found that some posts fell into self-promotion of services which should really not be done in the Community with the one exception of the Jobs & Careers collection. Unsure if this explains the post that went missing or not. If there are specific posts you want to inquire about I'm happy to have a look. Often you can find the past posts in your notifications thread.

Cheers!

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

Thanks @Jack Brickey

I re-read the community guidelines and am aware of one that crossed the line, which was done completely unintentionally and with the intention to offer help with no benefit to myself.

One of the the replies as far is a can recall was by my interpretation not in breach of the community guidelines.

Would it be possible for you to email me the posts that were considered to be in breach of the guidelines with an explanation as to why so that I don't make the mistake again?

I am on this community to help others, that is my sole purpose.  I don't affiliate with Atlassian, any power-up's and I don't push my services.  I give advice based on my knowledges and experience and do so with as much honesty as I can. I believe there is value in giving back in life and I also believe that Trello needs a strong community, moreso than the other Atlassian products.  I want to continue to do this true to my values and with complete transparency and trust that this is valued

Can you answer this question for me? 

The rule below is quite clear...

Don't be a spammer

No one likes spam. Messages with the explicit intent to sell a product or service, or to drive people to a form or a website, will be removed at the discretion of our moderators.

But, can you clarify?

1. When it is too difficult to put an explanation in a post, what tools are available for me to help?  In the one example I'm aware of, the link was for the user (if they wanted to) to grab a free half hour video call for me to help guide them.  
  2. Where does the boundary lie? Posts of mine have been removed but I have seen answers that seem pretty promotional with links to products that have remained.  I actually have no issue with that at all because I am sure that regulars contributors are contributing on here to help others, if there is a by-product that helps their own product or service, everyone wins.

I am asking these questions because I hope they will help me and others.  The Trello community goes far beyond this forum and to me its very important it is given the opportunity to thrive in every way possible  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

Hi @Dreamsuite Mike ,

sorry for the delayed response. I'm actually on holiday this week. I cannot really speak to which posts were removed and why as I was not involved. However, I have tagged this post for Atlassian team to respond.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey , thank you for taking the time to respond while on holiday, it is appreciated but really you should be enjoying your time off 🙂

Like Monique vdB likes this
0 votes
Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 15, 2023

@Dreamsuite Mike I have contacted you via email

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events