What is your Breakfast of Champions?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

We have so many awesome people that contribute to our Community.  Thank you, you're all champions to me.  But even champions need fuel to start their day.  What is your breakfast of Champions?   What food and drink get you going in the morning? 

• Bagels?
  • Eggs and Avocado Toast?
  • Pancakes and syrup?
  • Cereal?
  • BACON?
  • Large amounts of caffeine?
  • A banana and some Orange Juice?
  • A giant colonial breakfast?
  • Or simply coffee and croissants?

I'll start with my own:

bfastandy.jpg

A peanut butter cliff bar and a fruity Bai drink.   It calms the rage monster in my stomach long enough for me to get through to lunch.

12 comments

Comment

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Breakfast might be my favorite meal of the day bc of the diversity of options!

Do I want something sweet? French toast!

Do I want something savory? Feta, Olive, Roasted peppers, sundried tomato omelet!

Do I want something light and sweet? Fresh fruit smoothly.

Do I want something light and savory? Avocado toast.

Am I in a hurry and I haven't grocery shopped in a while? Cereal and almond milk with a banana.

Am I in a hurry and going to grab this on the go? Egg, cheese, English muffin sando.

This could actually be a range of breakfast in any given week. 

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2019

I am a huge fan of breakfast and the close relative - brunch.

Breakfast buffets are great but it is hard not to over eat. Pancakes, eggs, toast, fruit, pastries ...

My go-to at a cafe is Eggs Florentine (Eggs Benedict with spinach instead of bacon/ham) or poached eggs.

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2019

yes! Eggs Florentine are my favorite brunch foods...usually that's if I go out for brunch :)

Like # people like this
Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

I have a stomach thing (and no, it's not a parasite with a face) so I can't actually hold down solid foods in the morning anymore so my breakfast tends to be a Chobani Mixed-Berry Yogurt drink thingy and some apple juice.

It used to be bagels and coffee. I miss my bagels. Einstien Bagels is my FAVORITE place to go for breakfast. There's so many varieties and I can never get bored of a simple bagel and some schmear. Plus the everything bagels are just so satisfying. I'm not huge on fancy schmear / cream cheese tho. If it's not plain no thanks! If you're feeling REALLY adventurous there's always bagel breakfast sandwiches! Ham and Swiss is to die for.

I used to be a barista at Starbucks, so I'm not even going to go into the amount of secret menu items I love... but I do love the Butterbeer latte! But I'm bias... 'cause butterbeer XD

...I'm drooling now, so excuse me while I go buy bagels for dinner.

Like # people like this
Karen O'Keefe March 8, 2019

Butterbear latte? Is that a thing?

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2019

Steamed Milk
Caramel, Toffee Nut, & Cinnamon Dolce Syrup (3-4 pumps)
Salted Caramel Bits
I prefer to add a shot of espresso 'cause caffiene. But I don't think the original recipe called for it.

Oh and whipped cream optional but I hate whipped cream lol

Like Karen O'Keefe likes this
Jens Iwanenko March 8, 2019

There's 2 things I am not:

1. A morning person.
  2. A breakfast person.

I do eat between getting up and having lunch, so the second one might be arguable, depending on the definition of "breakfast". ;-)

Recently I started bringing a peanut butter sandwich to work. I usually have one half with a cup of hand-brewed coffee (because how in the world can anyone drink the stuff that's in the community kitchen!) and the other half I usually forget up until I pack my stuff for Feierabend.

For the last year and a half I brought 2 cups of Monte with me (or 1 big one if they didn't have the small ones in the store). It's a milk cream dessert. Very healthy and nutritious for your start of the day! :-p

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 8, 2019

I tend towards sweet breakfasts and am not into things like omelets, corned beef hash, eggs benedict, potatoes, all that stuff. I try to tamp down my worst instincts and do naturally sweet stuff like fruit rather than, say, waffles with powdered sugar, which I would eat every day if it seemed reasonable. 

At our old office, my go-to was plain Greek yogurt, berries, and granola. At our new office, I tend to do half a bagel with a side of fruit, although I may start bringing in yogurt so I can go back to my first love. (Bagels are delicious but not super filling in my experience.) 

When working from home, I do plain oatmeal with brown sugar or sometimes skip breakfast (naughty) in favor of coffee. I start every day with a cappuccino or cafe au lait. Growing up we used to have biscuit met hagelslag of gepraakt aardbeien. (Rusk with chocolate sprinkles or smushed up strawberries.) Loved that. 

My ideal brunch meal is a little of everything: sourdough toast with fresh jam, a poached or soft-boiled egg, a gingerbread pancake with maple syrup, a side of bacon, bottomless mimosas and cappuccinos. I want it all! 

Like # people like this
Karen O'Keefe March 8, 2019

I'm not a morning person. However, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I usually grab something on the way to work, bring leftovers from the dinner previous, or I make oatmeal at my desk. None of that sounds especially great. However, I do love a good breakfast. I'll have to post photos later (as I can't send them from work), but I LOVE a good brunch. If it comes with a Bloody Mary, even better. 

Some of my favorites:

• Eggs baked in avocado (yes, that's a thing)
  • Avocado, mushroom, and cheddar omelet
  • Avocado toast
  • Eggs Benedict (recently had a lobster Benedict--photo to follow)
  • German Pancake (with lemon and sugar)

What makes a good Bloody Mary?

• Delicious horseradish-forward tomato base (Bloody Mary Mix)
  • Good-quality vodka
  • Lots of garnishes (recent perfect version included shrimp, candied bacon, green olives, onion and celery garnish--photo to follow)
Like Andy Heinzer likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2019
  • Bagel, cream cheese, onion slice, tomato.
  • Watered orange juice
  • Macchiato one or two
Like # people like this
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2019

This is where I'm going...

_1.jpg

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov March 11, 2019

Well, when I was in my original home my morning starts from buuz

izF-yNUeRyk.jpg

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2019

During the week it is always the same:

• greek vanilla yogurt
  • grapes
  • berries
  • toast with peanut butter
  • tea

Weekend:

• crepes with maple syrup or French toast with apples and caramel and raspberry jam or toasts with peanut butter
  • tea
Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2019

Oh my!  All of your breakfasts look amazing! Check out my husband's "Chef Jerry" board for all our breakfast options :)

https://trello.com/b/Yj0pdICl/chef-jerry

Like # people like this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2019

Wow, that's amazing 😋 And everything has its own picture, really good job!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

Thanks Ana, my husband does all the cooking and I take the photos and do the taste testing ;)

Like Kat Warner likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc Your husband is brilliant! 

This is awesome!

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2019

I am glad you love the board @Gonchik Tsymzhitov :)

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2019

On a regular day, I'll go for tea and some fruit. I'll swap tea for a cafe latte if I need an energy boost, and get cereal instead of fruit if I'm very hungry. Breakfast and lunch are quite close in time, so getting a bigger breakfast is a no-go for me.

On a holiday, I LOVE having a big breakfast 😃Coffee or a glass of milk, a toast with cheese, ham and avocado, and some sweet pastries. Or an English breakfast. Or just go for brunch and have waffles and fried chicken (recently discovered this and became a fan ❤️).

brunch.jpg

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

That looks so good! :)

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov March 15, 2019

Wow! :)

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

That bai/clif bar picture looks very familiar...

But I'm going to have to go with a Soylent Chai. Tasty, fast, delicious, and caffeinated!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events