Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the scariest movie you have ever watched?

Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2023

Woohoo it’s Friday already, happy last Friday of this quarter everyone!!!

For today's end-of-week discussion, I'd like to talk about horror movies.

I love adrenaline rush, chills, and excitement. That is why Horror movies are my favourite genre. These are some of my favourites:

Shutter Island (2010) - IMDb

Shutter Island

Smile (2022) - IMDb

Smile

Midsommar (2019) - IMDb

Midsommar

Get Out (2017) - IMDb 

Get out

Robin Hardy, Who Set 'The Wicker Man' Cult Alight, Dies at 86 - The New  York Times 

The Wicker Man

Hereditary (2018) - IMDb

Hereditary

However, the movie which scared me the most was The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, a gory and horrific film inspired by true events.

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) - IMDb

Now it is your turn, tell me what are your favourite horror movies? what was the scariest movie you have ever watched and why?

Hope you all have a great weekend and if you don’t have any plans then feel free to watch one of the movies added in this post/comments.

11 comments

Comment

Dominika Kuraś-Moskwa _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2023

Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but IT was the scariest for me.  

Like # people like this
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2023

IT was indeed scary loved both classic and the remake, definitely a good watch :) 

Like # people like this
Becky Brooks - Visor for Jira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2023

Ex Machina

MV5BMTUxNzc0OTIxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI3NzU2NDE@.png

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2023

Oh yes, for sure @Becky Brooks - Visor for Jira! I didn't even realize this was a scary movie when I watched it and was quite freaked out! 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2023

I didn't have high expectations of this movie, but it surprised me, recommended!

Katherine Jones September 29, 2023

I and a couple of really close friends are women who love horror and action movies.  It's really hard to scare us.  We get together occasionally for what we call "Girls Night...of Violence".  It's like fight club, if fight club was eating party food, drinking cocktails, and watching action/horror movies.  

The one movie that really got under our skins is "Hereditary".  We usually laugh at horror movies but there is just something so creepy, unsettling and grisly about it that I warn others away from watching it.  Just thinking about is upsetting.  

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2023

I love scary movies and enjoy being scared.  So many to choose from, but for some reason Paranormal Activity always gets me.

I also enjoyed The Wicker Man and Hereditary as mentioned above :) 1bjA7de4O0NhMsaOqwvrecophUs

Like # people like this
Tommo October 2, 2023

I saw Paranormal Activity at the cinema. I remember that it was very unsettling. I need to rewatch it this Halloween.

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2023

I hate scary movies so I tend not to watch them. I think that most of them have very low production quality so I stay away from them. But, if I had to answer I would say the Exorcist is the scariest movie I have ever seen. 

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2023

Yes!  Just watched this again Saturday night.... 😱

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2023

I have not really seen many new movies since 1996 that were not Marvel, Disney or Star Wars. But at 14 years old, this one really freaked me out and I still have some of the scenes seared into the inner recesses of my mind.

Candymanposter.jpg

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2023

Like @Summer_Hogan , The Exorcist still scares the bejeezus outta me!  That and The Omen and Halloween (first one).  eek....

Abishai Muthyala October 3, 2023

I am quite surprised no one had mentioned Conjuring series? Conjuring2 was my favorite. Oh yea, orphan is a good one too!

maxresdefault.jpgd9e7dc53d177c127d4cff89520e7e567.jpg

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2023

A glitch in the matix.

Wojciech Andryszek_Deviniti October 10, 2023

BEGOTTEN. A horror or experimental film. It had a strange and unpleasant vibe.

begotten.png

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2023

Here's a list of my favourite horror movies:

• American Psycho
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Get Out
  • Hereditary
  • Highwaymen
  • Insidious
  • Lights Out
  • Poltergeist (watched it when I was 10 years old)
  • Sinister
  • Split (not really horror)
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
  • The Exorcism of Emily Rose
  • The Exorcist
  • The Conjuring & Annabelle series
  • The Shining
  • The Thing
  • Unsane
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2023

As a child, I was fascinated by horror films and was watching the usual suspects (most mentioned already) way before I should.  My Dad's friend owned a video rental store so I could pretty much get anything I wanted and I made good use of that.

Now, as an adult, these films have no effect on me whatsoever. A lot of them seem more like comedy than horror now.

The scariest film I have watched in recent times isn't a horror.  It is:

Don't Look Up (2021) - IMDb

As a satirical film, it's scary because it is too close to reality

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events