Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday – What’s your favorite recent recipe?

Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2023

Happy Monday everyone!

I often struggle each week when I make my grocery list to figure out what to cook for the week ahead. I tend to stick to the simple things, but I want to branch out more as I tend to eat the same things over and over. One thing I make that I really enjoy is Air Fryer Salmon and Cucumber, Tomato, and Avocado Salad. I had this for dinner last night and it was delish!

I hope you try these out, but in the meantime, what is your favorite recipe that you made recently?

14 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2023

As the weather cools off, we've been enjoying more casseroles (a very midwest thing, I know!)

We recently tried this Sloppy Joe Casserole and enjoyed it! 

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

Great! Thank you for sharing this @Amanda Barber! I'll give this a try! I used to eat Sloppy Joe's all the time as a kid. My Mom loved making casseroles for us! 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Katherine Jones November 6, 2023

We recently experienced a mini cold front that caused temperatures to dip into the 40s.  I had shrimp defrosting in the fridge that I was going to use to make tacos.  However, whenever it gets chilly I want soup...so, I made shrimp bisque.  It is easy and delicious.  

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/shrimp-bisque/  

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

This looks delicious @Katherine Jones! I'll have to give this a try! I'm going to make my first batch of soup this week as I'm tired of waiting for the weather to cool off in AZ so I'm just going for it. I'll be making this one https://pinchofyum.com/crockpot-chicken-wild-rice-soup.

Like Katherine Jones likes this
George Pomar November 6, 2023

We went easy for Sunday dinner this week by coating chicken breasts with that dry ranch dressing mix, then throwing it in the oven. We added mashed potatoes, corn, and a little salad to round out the meal.  I had forgotten how tasty that old recipe is!

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

That sounds yummy @George Pomar! I think I'll give that a try. Thanks for sharing! 

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 6, 2023

Last week I made one of my favourite recipes: vegetable paella
I've made it a few times now and I'm slowly perfecting it 😄
I've added chorizo and prawns to it when I've made it for other people too, and it turns out pretty good!

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

Oh my goodness @Angelie Stephens! This looks so good! Thank you for sharing! I'll try this for sure! 

Like Angelie Stephens likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

Amazing topic @Summer Hogan!

So, I'm a videogame nerd, and for my birthday last year, my parents bought my The Ultimate Final Fantasy XIV Cookbook.

I have had a TON of fun over the past year trying various recipes from this cookbook and the most recent I have tried is called Ishgardian Tea.

Which has you boil:

• Oat Milk
  • Almond Milk
  • Cardamom
  • Cinnamon

At the same time, steep:

• White Loose Tea
  • Green Loose Tea
  • Black loose tea

In hot water and combine the two together.  For where I live it's really great this time of year!

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

That does sound great @Jimmy Seddon! I'll try that and check out the cookbook!

I have both the Official and Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and I have made many things from both of them. I love when movies/tv shows/games put out cookbooks! It is fun to create some of the recipes. I even made my own Butterbeer a couple of weeks back. 

Like # people like this
Murat Seven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2023

This Sunday evening, we decided to go for a classic Turkish dish. We prepared a mouthwatering iskender kebab, layering slices of tender, succulent meat over pieces of pita bread, smothered in a rich tomato sauce and topped with yogurt. Alongside, we served a fresh salad with tangy pomegranate dressing and a side of grilled vegetables. As we savored each bite, it was a delightful reminder of the comforting flavors of this beloved Turkish specialty!

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

That sounds amazing @Murat Seven and it looks delicious! Thank you for sharing! 

Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

I agree. This is a great topic @Summer Hogan  😋  Thank you.

Two of my favorite/easy weeknight recipes =

(and now my mouth is watering)

Like Summer Hogan likes this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2023

These both look great @Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ - I'll have to try them! Thank you so much for the suggestions! 

Like Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ likes this
Dominika Kuraś-Moskwa _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2023

Recently, I have been in love with onion soup. I've never been a big fan of soups but this one is a must-have for fall season. With some croutons and cheese, it's heaven on the Earth! 

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2023

Sounds great @Dominika Kuraś-Moskwa _Deviniti_! Thanks for the suggestion! 

Prasad Eda November 8, 2023

Amazing! thanks for sharing this.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2023

I'm a total disaster in the kitchen. My wife and I have a rule - she makes the mess (cooks & bakes) and I clean it up - that's my sweet spot.

However, I can make a mean scrambled egg and my kids always want to know how I get it to stay in one piece when flipping it over. That's my one and only claim to fame.  My claim to infamy is my Orange Chicken - if you ever meet my wife ask her about it, you're sure to be entertained. 

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2023

Thanks for the stories as always @Andy Gladstone I'm curious about the Orange Chicken now! 

Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 14, 2023

I completely understand the struggle of planning meals for the week and getting stuck in a routine. Your Air Fryer Salmon and Cucumber, Tomato, and Avocado Salad sounds delicious! I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try, and your suggestion is inspiring. I'll definitely give it a shot.

As for your question, my recent favorite recipe is banana-cinnamon waffles topped with powdered sugar, raspberries, and blueberries. It's the perfect breakfast, especially on cloudy days. The combination of the warm waffles with the sweetness of the fruits and a dusting of powdered sugar creates a delightful treat. I love how it adds a bit of brightness to the morning and makes the day feel special 😍.

giphy

Ankush Bora January 22, 2024

New found love for Avocado Toast!
Avocado Toast Cooking GIF by Al Boardman

Aswin Raj D
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2024

Wow! thank you for sharing!

ABR March 19, 2024

Hi, @Summer Hogan , thanks for the topic!

I love making this delicious refreshing dessert, its my mom's recipe and I've tweaked it a little! Its a sweet Bengali style mango chutney, and is a welcome digestive added to the end of a rich Bengali meal in which there are a number of fish and / or meat dishes.

You need green unripe mangoes (I call them "baby mangoes") - washed thoroughly, cut and sliced vertically into eights. No need to peel the mangoes, this will keep them in shape as you cook.

Now, heat any vegetable oil (soybean oil would do just fine) and temper it with black whole mustard seeds, bay leaves and dried red chilies (2 medium sized bay leaves and 1 dried red chili for every 300 grams of mango) and a small thin sliver of fresh ginger. When the mustard stops sputtering and the chilies darken, take them out of the oil and put in the green mangoes and some salt to taste. Keep stirring till the mangoes are well cooked, now add sugar / sugar syrup (ratio 1:1 with mangoes). Wait till the sugar melts and combines with the mangoes. Add a little water if you feel its too sticky. My mom's recipe ended here and tasted divine.

However, I added pureed mint leaves (ratio of mint and mangoes being 0.5: 1) and dry roasted, and crushed fennel seeds ( half a small teaspoon is enough for 300 grams of mangoes). After adding them let the gravy come to a boil once before dousing the oven. It takes the taste to another level.

My family always asks me to include this for any celebration, more especially if we have special guests at home, by virtue of that honor, I vouch for the tastiness of the dish!

If you like to experiment, this tangy, sweet refreshing dessert can be a welcome change, especially with any spicy food!

Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2024

Sounds delicious @ABR! Thank you for the recipe! 

Like ABR likes this
Ankush Bora March 27, 2024

That is one detailed recipe @ABR. U should be trying your 'change of content vertical' to include writing around cooking & recipes as well. Cheers!

P.S. - In reference to your post on 'Jobs & Careers' in Atlassian Community!

Like ABR likes this
ABR March 30, 2024

@Summer Hogan and @Ankush Bora , I'm so glad you liked the recipe! 

@Ankush Bora Thanks for your encouraging words, I just might take up your advice!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events