Miscellaneous Monday - What’s on your Bucket List?

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

Happy National Bucket List Day, everyone! (Even if you're not in the US, we'll pretend it's GLOBAL Bucket List Day. 😊)  Today is a great day to start thinking about all the amazing things you want to do before you "kick the bucket." Don't have a bucket list yet (like me)? No problem! Today is the perfect day to start creating one.

First, let's talk about what a bucket list is. It's a list of all the things you want to do or experience in your lifetime. It can be anything from learning a new language to traveling to a foreign country. The sky's the limit! Creating a bucket list is a fun and exciting way to prioritize the things you want to do in life. It gives you a clear roadmap to follow and helps you focus on your goals. Plus, there's nothing quite like the feeling of checking something off your list.

Creating your bucket list is simple. Start by brainstorming all the things you've always wanted to do but haven't had the chance to yet. Don't worry about how realistic or feasible they are at this stage - just let your imagination run wild.

Beautiful Mix of Dreamy Pieces to Let Your Imagination Run Wild. Universal  Background to Work, Study & Fun - Album by Pure Jazz Factory | Spotify

Once you've got a list of potential bucket list items, start narrowing it down. Which items are most important to you? Which ones are the most achievable? Be sure to consider your budget, time constraints, and other practical considerations.

If you're still struggling for ideas, there are plenty of resources available online to help you. Check out sites like bucketlist.org, which has a massive list of bucket list ideas, or Pinterest, where you can find plenty of inspirational bucket list boards. Speaking of boards, there’s also a great Travel Bucket List template for Trello.

2023-04-23_12-39-25.png

Now, here's the fun part: sharing your bucket list with others. Not only does sharing your list hold you accountable, but it can also inspire others to create their own lists. Plus, you might even find someone who wants to join you on one of your bucket list adventures.

So, in honor of National Bucket List Day, why not share your bucket list with us here, or your friends and family? You can post it on social media, share it on a blog, or just talk about it with the people in your life. Who knows? You might even inspire someone else to create their own bucket list.

The best Bucket List memes :) Memedroid

14 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

I currently have my bucket lists in a to do list app, and a memo app - I should consolidate them to Jira or Trello!

I do prefer Jira because I could filter my bucket list items by multiple dimensions, and maybe make a dashboard of “Done” bucket list items… ooh…

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2023

... and what's actually on my bucket list?

Living for six months - or whatever I can get away with - from Asia!

Like # people like this
Lewis Tanguhwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2023
  • Let me share here for a start, I guess would make use of the Trello  board for effective action steps.:

1. Earn the credential Atlassian Certified Expert
    2. Attend a Team Conference event in person
    3. Learn German language

Like # people like this
Chris Iacovelli April 24, 2023
  • Sail on the fjords.
  • Hike in the Grand Canyon
  • View the Aurora Borealis
  • View the Aurora Australis
  • Have a drink in a bar in Invercargill
  • Train trip from Toronto to Vancouver
  • Take the Orient Express
  • See the family, farm, and home in Bari
  • Marry a great woman
  • Have a great son
  • Be a dog owner
  • Shout out "sweep the leg" in the presence of Martin Kove
Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Sweep the leg Johnny!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

I had to look up Martin Kove, and love that you were able to complete that bucket list item @Chris Iacovelli !

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

And for those who know that Daniel was always the bully..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQ3vaiv47I

Like Chris Iacovelli likes this
Chris Iacovelli April 24, 2023

"Sweep the leg" was one of my proudest accomplishments in my humor life.

I was part of the crew that kept my son's karate tournaments running (time keepers, point keepers, drink runners, first aid crew, logistics coordinators, and me "village idiot") and to my surprise, Martin was there to give the welcome/kick off for this tournament. 

I was standing 10 feet away and he was giving his speech. Great man, great speech, very motivational. He took a pause in speaking just as I uttered the phrase and it gets picked up on the mic and reads across the entire audience.

Everyone laughed, even Martin.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Awesome story @Chris Iacovelli! Thanx for sharing this!

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Loved this thread. Thanks for sharing, all!

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Awsome story

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2023

@Amanda Barber great prompt, and thanks for sharing the Trello Board template, I've already downloaded it so I can start recording my items. 

Two that I can share off the bat are:

1. Riding the entire Empire State Trail as part of a multi-day bike packing trip. I'm really hoping to check that one off this year.
  2. Cycling in Belgium along some of the iconic roads and Murs that make up the Tour of Flanders, La Fleche Wallone and Liege-Bastone-Liege. This one will take more planning, but that's why it's called a Bucket List!
Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Those are great aspirations, @Andy Gladstone - I love setting big goals for athletic hobbies. They always keep me pushing a bit more in the short-term to get closer to those bigger goals.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

I've always been curious to read about other people's dreams and desires for their life adventures. Setting these "bucket" goals is an excellent way to tell your mind what to aim for secretly. Hence, I never had such. 

I love nature and would like to see as much of it as possible, but it's never an exact place or time frame. I define myself as a desperate planner, and still, I am aware that plans can change in a blink of an eye, so I'm always cautious about what I put in the line of 'life goals.' 

My only authentic bucket list item is the recurring effort never to leave a person or conversation with bad feelings or in the middle of a fight. Life is too short to believe that you would have the chance to say sorry :) 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Hi @Amanda Barber 

Nice topic, but instead of feeling joy, I kinda feel bad since I don't have a bucket list per se. I mean not a long-term at least. So my short-term bucket list would be to gain a couple of certifications:

1. ACP420 which will lead to become an Atlassian Certified Expert
  2. ITIL Foundations certification
  3. Scrum Master PSI I

Very poor bucket list, I know.. :) I'll try to think in the near future a couple of other things!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

That seems like a work bucket list - what to accomplish before you retire! ;) Great goals though!

Something I've tried to keep at the forefront of my mind over the last 15 years is how quickly my grandfather's health declined after his retirement. I don't want to save too many of my (currently nonexistent) bucket list items until a later date.

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

@Amanda Barber yeah..I know it's a work bucket list. Working on it though. Keep in mind that this specific holiday doesn't exist in Greece, so we are kind of unprepared for this. My only thing on the bucket list is to constantly try to be a better man. A good man. So far, things are going well! :)

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Rachel McDonald April 24, 2023

Visiting all 50 states is on my bucket list! 

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

What a fun idea! I know lots of fellow runners who aspire to do a half (or full) marathon in each state. I never want to do that - especially since I don't love traveling for races. However, getting to each state does seem great! How many do you have checked off so far?

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Great topic @Amanda Barber and you got me thinking so I just added a couple of items to my bucket list. Since I had to cancel at the last minute due to a family emergency I did not get to attend Team this year so that is first on my bucket list; to attend Team'24 in person! Here are some others: 

1. Learn Japanese and go back to Okinawa, Japan
  2. Go on at Alaskan Cruise
  3. See the Northern Lights
  4. Meet some or all of the cast of the Harry Potter films
    1. 3 down and many to go, but meeting the Phelps twins at PFF this year
  5. Experience Zero Gravity
  6. Visit Tahiti
  7. Retire early to travel more and enjoy life! 
Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Great list, @Summer_Hogan

I'm a bit jealous - over recent weeks, many of my nearby friends and family have gotten a glimpse of the northern lights in southeastern Wisconsin which is a rarity!

We're also considering a trip to Japan in the next year as a 40th birthday celebration for both my husband and I!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2023

Rent an RV and drive around the US.  It might be hard to get to Hawaii! :)

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2023

Go to Disney World - 2024!

Graham Twine
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2023

I try and do the things I want all the time. No real bucket list for me.

This post has provoked something though...

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2023

I wanna visiting the whole world

Prabhu Palanisamy _Onward_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2023

Learning Spanish is one of my bucketlist item.

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2023

Thanks for the great thread. So many beautiful ideas.

I'm currently planning to go skydiving in the next few months. 
Has been on my list for a few years now.

Like # people like this
Aslan Bennington-Barr July 4, 2023

Learning enough languages to be able to communicate with half of the world's population is a bit more of a radical goal of mine. Communication and culture are so important to our development and enrichment as a planet!

Like # people like this
Markus Fredén
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2023

To build my dream house, an Earthship:

02_Brighton.jpeg

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events