Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday - Watercooler Moments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Happy Monday Everyone and welcome to the first official Miscellaneous Monday post in The Watercooler!

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.21.18 AM.png

Watercooler Moments are the moments that used to fill the gap in the workday. According to Urban Dictionary a watercooler moment is a significant moment in television history that is discussed the next day in the workplace.

WaterCooler1.jpgBut the Watercooler was more than just the place to discuss who killed JR, what the best Super Bowl Commercial was or whether Diane and Sam would ever get married. It was where employees, co-workers and friends caught up with each other and got a taste and look into their personal lives in the context of their professional pursuits. 

The Watercooler is a serendipitous space place hiding in plain sight! If you formerly were a member of the Off Topic group, you're going to want to join The Watercooler

In honor of the launch of The Watercooler, I'd like to hear memorable Watercooler moments you have experienced in your personal or professional life. What conversation, tidbit or hot take heard around the (proverbial) watercooler made an impact on your life?

Have a great week ahead and spread the word - The Watercooler is the newest coolest place to be! 

1 comment

Comment

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Great topic @Andy Gladstone - I dig this one! My memorable Watercooler moment did not have a dramatic impact on my life, although it did help foster one of the greatest friendships. When I was working at CVS Health, my coworker (Chris) and I met some gentlemen at the watercooler in the break room where we had a nice conversation about all the wildlife we would see around the building. They proceeded to tell Chris and I how they have floor to ceiling windows down on the first floor where they work and it's literally a wildlife viewing area. So, they invited Chris and I down one day to see the wildlife that hangs out near this window and it was pretty amazing. Over the next few months until Covid happened and we all went to work from home, we saw all varieties of birds, javelinas, coyotes, little ground squirrels, and even a bobcat once. My coworker and I would would make weekly visits down to see "the zoo"!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events