cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Miscellaneous Monday - Summer Activities on the Water ๐Ÿšฃโ€โ™€๏ธ

Zim _Andrew Zimmerman_ __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2024

Happy Monday, Community! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Here in Wisconsin, USA, we are finally getting glimpses of summer. There are more and more sunny days and increasingly warmer weather. A big part of Midwest "summer culture" is getting out on the water: boating, fishing, water sports, paddle boarding, swimming, etc.

Parks And Recreation Boat GIF

I'm lucky enough to be very close to a giant freshwater lake, Lake Michigan, as well was countless inland lakes, so there are tons of places to explore if that's what I feel like doing.

Do you like water-based activities? Whether it's on the ocean, a lake, river, pool, or some other water source, do you have any water-based adventures planned this year (or recently completed)?

Have a great week ahead!

12 comments

Comment

Dรกniel Ballabรกs - EverIT
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2024

Oh Yess! I've been counting the days until I could bring out my kayak to roam around the rivers Spree and Damm here in Kรถpenick, Berlin. If there's no rain, the plan is for this weekend.

It's an inflatable one from Decathlon, and living in a flat, I need to wait for the warm weather because drying and storing it is quite a hassle otherwise. :D 

368508930_2017875735212751_8535480989652576996_n.jpg

Like โ€ข # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2024

@Dรกniel Ballabรกs - EverIT Hope you are able to get out this weekend! 

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2024

Love to float on the lakes for sure.  Or boating.   Heaven on earth for me!  I live close to a ton of lakes...

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2024

Awesome, I hope the next few months are full of adventures for you!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2024

@Zim _Andrew Zimmerman_ __Appfire__ great topic!

My family has a tradition to go kayaking together at least once a summer along one of the tidal rivers on Long Island. You always need to time your launch right so during the five miles of paddling youโ€™re not fighting the current going out to sea. 

We added another tradition during Covid when my wife and I fell in love with Stand Up Paddleboarding. We now go t lest twice a summer - once alone, and once with all of the kids. 

I have always found a special sense of serenity out on the water - I think itโ€™s the knowledge that we are truly alone out there and the only way to get back is under our own power and motivation. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2024

@Andy Gladstone awesome traditions. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole Alder June 10, 2024

For me water has always done something to me , brought me closer to someone who has passed especially on those days where you don't understand a think and want to feel all the hurt then that peace the water always gave me.  Whenever I was hurt or angry happy or sad I would walk the beach and it would be great. I'm a new person after a boat ride like you're taking. 

Really hope your days full of peace and memories

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2024

I am not a water person at all. Give me the mountains and a cabin. Or I guess the desert.  :-)

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2024

Mountains and cabin...with a lake! ๐Ÿ˜†

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2024

@John Funk haha that's fair. Nothing quite like a deep breath of mountain air.

Like โ€ข John Funk likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2024

Growing up in Wisconsin, I definitely grew up in lakes in the summer! As an adult, I prefer a heated pool. ๐Ÿ˜… The weather this week is so warm and beautiful - I'd love to get out kayaking!

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2024

Haha nothing wrong with that, @Amanda Barber! Sounds like Sundara is the place for you. 

Like โ€ข Amanda Barber likes this
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2024

Even though I can't swim, my wife and I got inflatable stand up paddleboards, and since we live in Michigan, we don't have to drive far to enjoy them! 

Our friends also have a boat that we enjoy riding, so we are excited to go out on the lake once or twice a year.

Other than that, showers every day - which as a parent I find is a pleasant happening to look forward to :)

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2024

@Sam Nadarajan I love that! haha

Alex G June 4, 2024

Yes, I love water-based activities, especially swimming. Even though I live near the coast, I'm not a fan of the beach. As for this summer, I don't have any plans yet, but I'm looking forward to finding some exciting adventures to enjoy, kayak sounds fun!

Sunil Sarathy June 4, 2024

We have a beach 20 km from our home. 

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2024

I prefer water from a-far or from below. Going on my next drive trip in a week and love watching small streams, moors and lakes on hikes :) 

Also going canoing from time to time as a group activity which is usually a lot of fun.

Great question, especially with all the benefits simply staring at the water brings to our mental health :) 

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2024

I'm not really a water person, but I do love taking walks around lakes and I love tubing down the Salt River, although I have not done that in years. I've always wanted to try Kayaking, but just never have. Maybe I'll get around to that one day! 

Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2024

I love aquatic activities, for example, parachuting, jet skiing, surfing, swimming, except diving, I think I like them all, because I love water, the sea is beautiful.

Christine Yory
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2024

Love the water!! There is just something that calms my soul when I am floating in water, either swimming, kayak, or on an innertube. Lucky enough to live in California and close enough to a lake that I can throw the kayaks in the back of the truck and head out for an evening float after a hard days work. Just realized that I don't take enough pictures from this activity to share so will need to focus on that this year.

Jordi Aguera Martinez June 14, 2024

Happy Friday everyone, you are a lucky man I always enjoy water swimming in the gym pool and watching other people do it too I would like travel around the world and visit lakes and oceans this world is marvellous do you think it too?

Have a great weekend friends!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events