Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday: March Forth...(and do something day)

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2024

I stumbled across this over the weekend that March 4th = March fo(u)rth, the only day of the year that is also an instruction!

d5b26de502a3f4a53ab5e22d2f94ec01.jpg

Here is some information about March Forth:

https://nationaltoday.com/march-forth/ 

When I saw this, I loved it and here is why:

• How many of you have felt like you merely blinked and it is March already?
    For me, It seems like just Yesterday that it was the start of a new year, with all the plans, ideas, renewed motivation and excitement of what I can achieve.  Then the routine life can easily push the dreams and ambitions down the priority list almost without realising...
    March Forth can be a stake in the ground, a day where I can reassess and reignite those passions.
  • For many people in the northern hemisphere, March sees the real start of the transition of a long winter into spring, with more daylight, return of warmer weather, and flowers beginning to blossom
  • It serves as a reminder that marching forth is not a solo endeavour, making real change can be bigger, faster and vastly more rewarding if we do it together.
  • I woke up this morning lethargic, I am getting to old for parties and staying awake into the early hours, so I am still recovering from the weekend. 
    However, writing this (if you ignore the fact that I have reached 11am before doing it 🫣) has inspired me to get moving...

The questions to all you:

1. What goal or mission in your life up to now are you most proud of?
  2. Name the number 1 goal you wish you achieve this year? (be sure to be ambitious, not just goals that are within reach but ones that would make dreams come true)
  3. What can you do today to inspire yourself and others? 

Mine

Finally having the courage nearly 3 years ago quit my 9-5 job to pursue my dreams. Travelling to remote places and living amongst nature

2. Name the number 1 goal you wish you achieve this year? (be sure to be ambitious, not just goals that are within reach but ones that would make dreams come true)

To live in complete balance with the world, meaning I give back more than I take, I significantly contribute to conservation efforts and I help inspire and educate others as to why it is so important.

Write this article....(nah, thats too easy)😆
    I am going to apply to register a charity today, it is going to be called Daydreamers - Dreaming of a better world...
    It is the first step towards achieving this vision. 

images.jpeg

8 comments

Comment

Rebekka Heilmann (viadee)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

Great article!

1. Finding my passion: For me, it's actually my job (for a long time I didn't believe that was really a thing) and my volunteering in emergency services. 

2. Finishing all my trainings (Advanced Medical training, First Aid instructor, Technical Assistance) and still have a full weekend off.

3. Share this article ;)

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024

Volunteering in the emergency services is challenging and truly inspirational, amazing...

monkey-ambulance.gif

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2024

Wow, @Dreamsuite Mike, this is some heavy thinking for a Monday morning! 🤔

1. It may be easy to do with today's tools, but, 20 years ago, I was working in a FrameMaker and Webworks Publisher environment, and I figured out how to add a 4th tab to our Java help output.
  2. Barring winning the lottery, I want to spend in-person time with every member of my expanding family (2 weddings and 2 new babies this year!). Thinking about it, winning the lottery would make that much easier to achieve… 😃
  3. Offer to assist my colleagues and friends in any way possible AND remember to ask them for assistance that I need.
Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2024

Just the monday morning inspiration that I need!

Being able to work remotely and be where I want to be and have flexibility to do things like take care of 8 foster cats 😂

2. Name the number 1 goal you wish you achieve this year? 

My side projects pay for my camper life!

Pack for my next camping trip! :) 
Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024
  1. Working remotely is challenging enough and I see lots of people living a remote life on the move with kids but you are the only person I know doing it with 8 cats 🐈😀
  2. We definitely need to work on some side projects together 🌪️
  3. I know this only too well... 🎒 
Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2024
    • Raising (5) balanced and well adjusted kids with my wife in a home filled with love and understanding. Everything else I do in life is to provide them with the tools to grow and realize their own potential.
    • I'm really trying to get my personal health back on track. Years of working late, poor sleep habits and poor eating have taken their toll. I love my bike, but spend too much time away from it distracted by small health issues. I want to re-align my expectations for when I touch the bike and put in consistent rides - even if they are not more than an hour, or even less, getting on the bike improves my quality of life and I need to focus on that more. It's hard to balance since I don't naturally do things for myself - but need to realize my loved ones need this from me so it is for them too.
    • I'm travelling for business today and I have made it my goal to make sure everyone involved feels appreciated - TSA Agents, Gate Agents, Flight Crew, Uber Drivers and Hotel Staff. A compliment and a thank you always go a long way to improving the day! 
Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2024

"thank you always go a long way." I am always so happy to read that. It really does, and sometimes, it's all it takes for a person to feel better.

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024
  1. As someone who doesn't have kids but with many nephews and nieces, I can say that the modern world is making this a whole lot more challenging.  Hats off to you and anyone bringing up kids in this modern society
  2.  I have always battled with consistent fitness.  I would go through cycles of over-challenging and pushing myself to limits only to eventually break and fall into lethargy and negative health (mentally and physically, they are so closely linked).  As I have gotten older, I have no reason to constantly compete with myself.  I look at consistency stability and enjoyment.  When I used to ride, I would take great risks to shave a few seconds from the time the day before and I felt that I wasn't doing it right unless I was feeling the pain.  I never took the time to look, listen and take in the surroundings and actually just enjoy it.  Now I am there, I exercise lighter and enjoy more.  I don't buy into extreme sports anymore because I can take more from the natural world than a short adrenaline rush.  Most importantly, from being in places all around the world, where people don't have the luxury to jump on an expensive bike or to hit the gym but are in phenomenal shape, the secret is constant motion with the purpose of just existing.  So instead of take out food being delivered to the door, they collect wood, harvest rice and vegetables, go fishing, they work for the basic needs and they stay far healthier as a result of it.
    I hope some of that can help inspire you further...
  3. I like this, something that can be so easily forgotten.  I often make it my mission to make people laugh as I go about my day, pulling this ridiculous face tends to be  enough to raise a smile or a chuckle from people.
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 12.05.02.png

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2024

Thank you, @Dreamsuite Mike 

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2024

What goal or mission in your life up to now are you most proud of?

Physically, I'm most proud of my 3 marathons. Professionally and personally, I'm most proud of taking a leap from a teaching career into the world of technology. As someone who typically likes to stick with the "safe" option, this was a big change for me and has only been for the better emotionally!

Name the number 1 goal you wish you achieve this year? (be sure to be ambitious, not just goals that are within reach but ones that would make dreams come true)

My personal goal is to travel a lot this year. I turn 40 this summer and am celebrating with a trip to France in May, followed by Japan in October. I'm thrilled to get some stamps in my passport!

What can you do today to inspire yourself and others? 

I think showing up for my family, friends, and colleagues each day is the best way to support and inspire those around me. I like to set a good example by volunteering for organizations I'm passionate about.

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024

Wow, 3 marathons! That is really impressive. 

I know someone who is transitioning away from teaching after 20 years now and they are finding it really tough going to get a break in other areas.  People may look at that and think it is a simple thing but it isn't and it is a big risk. Good on you...

Seeing the world is so so important.  Globally things are rapidly changing and the recent past shows how rapidly that freedom can be whipped away from you.  I'd be really interested to hear about Japan, it is a place I would love to go...

Again, showing up seems in words very simple but so many times life can take over and it is difficult to spend quality time with those closest to you.  I am guilty in the past of not giving my best to those I love because I've had work in the back of my mind or the weekend had too many things packed into it.  I now set the environment to make sure I give those I see my complete attention (including a no-tech rule)

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2024

I fully support all of your points @Dreamsuite Mike, we do need people who dare to inspire. Which is far from the concept of being an Instagram influencer or a 'supporter' but not a doer.

I never stop learning and trying to find ways to put all my knowledge into practice. Some days, I feel quite empty and tired, but this really keeps me going even in my darker days.

Grow a garden of edibles on my balcony! That's not an easy one, folks; I spent a lot of time researching and reading about the best plant pods, soil combinations, plants, and veggies. The first seeds have been in the ground since this weekend, so fingers crossed.

Be kind and patient with everyone because this always pays off. And hopefully, it influences people to be better.

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024

What goal or mission in your life up to now are you most proud of?

I should say raising my two kids, but heck with them :P  Just kidding, I am proud of building my business and running it for 25 years.

Name the number 1 goal you wish you achieve this year? (be sure to be ambitious, not just goals that are within reach but ones that would make dreams come true)

Buying an island nation.

What can you do today to inspire yourself and others?

Try and bring a smile to someone

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ 

I empathise with number 1, my brain is constantly trying to absorb and as I get older it is more important to know its limits and also know it generally works FIFO...
What does come with age is knowing how to target what your brain can do and although it is a tough skill to crack, being able to know exactly where you can put the knowledge to the test will help you become more focused on which new knowledge to gain.

As someone who dreams of being completely self sufficient, my success rate with this is really poor. Its more technical than I imagined, if you crack it I'd love to know.

Patience requires seeing things from the eyes of others and it can be really tough but patience opens the door to seeing a whole lot more through the eyes of others That is the definition of empathy 

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2024

@Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM 

I have many friends who could put their kids as their greatest achievement but would choose not to 😄

25 years of running your own business, WOW!  After 3 years, I'm pooped and its just me and my wife doing it...

Any particular Island in mind, or geographical area? 

If you buy a tropical island and let me live there, that would definitely put a smile on my face 😆

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2024

I would prefer tropical, but would settle for a moderate client.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events