cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday: Commemorating 9/11

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2023

Happy Monday Atlassian Community!

As many of you probably know, today is Patriot Day and a National Day of Service and Remembrance in the United States. It is the day that we remember the people who lost their lives during the September 11th attacks in 2001 including those on the planes, in the World Trade Center, in the Pentagon, in a field in Shanksville Pennsylvania and all the first responders.

In the immediate aftermath of the September 11th tragedies, the United States and the world came together with a spirt of unity. To honor this day, we need to revive that sprit and get as many people as possible to perform an “act of kindness” or a “good deed”. No act is too small! President Obama said it best in a 2011 radio address when he said, “Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11."

So, will you join me in doing a good deed today? Will you donate money or time to your favorite charity? Will you climb stairs to honor the 343 first responders who gave their lives that day? Or will you simply submit a message of remembrance to the 911 memorial in NYC to ensure future generations never forget? Whatever you decide to do to honor those that we lost that day, share it here with all of us.

I have included some resources below that may help you decide what gesture of honor you would like to make.

I hope you have a great Monday!

9112.jpg911.jpg

(Pictures from The Healing Fields in Tempe, AZ)

5 comments

Comment

Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 11, 2023

@Summer_Hogan thank you for posting these resources! 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2023

Today, I donated two of my favorite 9/11 causes, submitted a message of remembrance, and I will visit The Healing Fields this afternoon and leave pennies on the boots of soldiers and make a donation to keep The Tempe Healing Fields tradition going.

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2023

Thank you, @Summer_Hogan 🌎

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2023

Thank you, @Summer_Hogan for a beautiful post.

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

Looking back through the archives... Thank you for this post. I have had the privilege and honour of being part of the honour-guard in the 911 ceremony in NY. I have attended it several times and visited many firehalls there. I've been a volunteer firefighter for 18 years.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events