Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Birthday to......Me!

ABR September 2, 2024

Today’s a special day—it’s my birthday! And that started me thinking - there’s something special about sharing a birthday with a family member. It’s like the universe has this little way of tying us together, not just in life but in celebration! The same day, every year—a shared moment that reminds us just how closely we’re connected.

Take parent and child, for instance. There’s a certain poetry to it—celebrating the day they brought you into the world while honoring their journey through life! Every year, it’s less about the presents and more about the stories - the first birthday cake, the look on their face when you blew out the candles for the first time, and that one year when you unknowingly gave each other the exact same gift! There’s magic in those shared moments, a quiet joy in being part of each other’s milestones!

Then you’ve got siblings. Growing up, it’s all joint parties, a single cake, and a theme that tries to balance both your personalities—sometimes successfully, sometimes hilariously not. But as the years go by, it becomes this tradition you both look forward to - the playful teasing over who gets the first slice of cake turns into a shared pride that this day belongs to both of you! It’s a bond that no one else can quite understand, and that’s what makes it so special!

And then there’s sharing a birthday with your spouse. Now that’s a whole new level of irony and sweetness! My husband and I—yep, same birthday! Every year, it’s like the universe’s way of saying, “You two are in this together—literally.” Of course, being married to your boss adds a little extra spice! There’s the annual negotiation of who gets to leave the office early (spoiler: it’s usually him), and the occasional raised eyebrow from colleagues as they try to figure out how we manage to make it all work! But I love it! After all, not everyone can say they get to celebrate their birthday with the love of their life and their boss—at the same time! And this year is his Golden birthday, yep, my man turns 50 today!

It’s funny, though! At the end of the day, sharing a birthday with your spouse isn’t about who gets the better gift (although I’m still waiting on that one). It’s about the simple joy of knowing you’re walking through life, hand in hand, getting older together—literally on the same day!

So, here’s to us! A shared cake, shared laughs, and one more year of loving and living—together!
Let me know, do you or anyone you know has shared birthdays? What are your thoughts on it? Waiting to hear from you all!

happy-birthday-to-me.jpg

3 comments

Comment

Danine O_Donnell September 3, 2024

and a very Happy B-DAY to you !! Loved your article

Like # people like this
ABR September 8, 2024

Hi @Danine O_Donnell Thanks so much for your wishes! Happy to hear you loved the article!

Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2024

Hi @ABR , thank you for this Miscellaneous Monday! As far as I know, nobody else in my family was born on March 19 (so no sharing!), so since March is the third rarest birthday month, I had to go searching! Some famous folks born on that Pisces near-cusp day include: Glenn Close, Bruce Willis, Ursula Andress, Renee Taylor (actors), Frederic Joliot-Curie (co-discoverer of artificially induced radioactivity), Thomas McKean (signed Declaration of Independence), Richard Burton (the British explorer, not the actor), Wyatt Earp (US Marshal), and Justice Earl Warren (Chief Justice of SCOTUS), Philip Roth (author), Ruth Pointer of the Pointer Sisters and Clarence "Frogman" Henry (singers), Judge John Sirica (Watergate fame), and unfortunately, Harvey Weinstein (film producer).

Like ABR likes this
ABR September 3, 2024

Hi @Susan Waldrip ! Well, that's some illustrious list of birthday sharers! So good to hear from you!

David Taylor September 6, 2024

Belated, Happy Birthday to you! Hoping for beautiful days to come. 

Like ABR likes this
ABR September 8, 2024

Hi @David Taylor Thank you so much for the beautiful wish!

David Taylor September 13, 2024

@ABR you are much very welcome! 

Like ABR likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events