Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Friday Fun: Your TOP3 Favorite Records πŸ“€πŸŽ§

Zuzanna Patocka_Deviniti_ July 26, 2024

I am inviting all music lovers to the discussion. 

miriana-doroban-u-iRjOMSpZaEE-unsplash.jpg

This is one of my favorite questions in the world, so I must ask it here: What are TOP3 music albums you can live without? 

Of course, choosing only three records can be incredibly hard, but let’s try (or extend it a bit ;)). 

So, without further ado, here are my picks:

1. Grace by Jeff Buckley
  2. Parachutes by Coldplay
  3. Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stevens 

Usually, I listen to them through streaming services, but I want to buy a record player and have these LPs on vinyl someday. 

Please share your list down below and add something about your listening habits if you want πŸ™‚

Have a great day!

Photo by Miriana DorobanΘ›u on Unsplash

3 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

I tend to listen to a small number of albums "on repeat" for a while before retiring them for a while, but I'd probably pick the Hamilton soundtrack, Made of Bricks by Kate Nash, and then I wish I could make a playlist of certain Lana del Rey songs into an album for my third...haha!

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

I only could come up with two.  These are the ones I listen from start to finish.  No shuffle.

1. The Joshua Tree, U2

2. Hamilton Soundtrack, Original Broadway cast

Michael Karl July 26, 2024

Well, no. 1 was easy, but afterwords it got difficult. I'd pick

1. The Nightfly by Donald Fagan

2. A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Gueraldo Trio

3. Love Over Gold by Dire Straits

I have to admit that no. 2 and 3 are quite a random choice. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles and Porgy And Bess by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrongs are close calls, to say the least. I have to point out, that those are favorites of my vinyl collection (I bought a record player just two or three years ago). On vinyl I buy mostly classic jazz and blues records, also some rock classics though.

My CD collections ranks back to '92. When I consider that, there probably will be something by Dream Theater in the Top 3, probably "Scenes From A Memory". My first two CDs were "If You Want Blood, You've Got It" by AC/DC and "Operation Mindcrime" by Queensryche. Hey, how about yours?

Zuzanna, have you made up your mind yet what kind of record player to buy? I have an english-made Rega planar three. The models by Rega (also P1 or P2 if you want to spend less money) are quite a good choice if you like a simple manual player. 

To those who choose the Hamilton Soundtrack: Good choice, I dig that, too. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events