Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: What’s your favorite Fall tradition?

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2022

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

The first day of Fall was last Thursday so I thought I would post a fall related question. What is your favorite fall tradition and why?

Is it visiting a pumpkin patch to pick up some pumpkins and gourds, going to pick apples which is said to be the most popular and oldest fall traditions in the US, going to an Oktoberfest celebration, attending a harvest festival, or just simply wearing a sweater and eating a certain type of food?

My favorite fall tradition is going on a trip; road or other to see amazing fall colors! Every year I keep up with my tradition and go somewhere in Arizona or elsewhere to see the fall colors. I love Aspen and Maple trees and how beautiful the spectrum of colors is. I especially love the yellows! This year I will be in NYC for fall and will hopefully get to experience the fall colors there. And in years to come I hope to take one of the many adventures across the US to see fall colors, that is somewhere besides where I live.

IMG_6775.jpg

So, my question for all of you is what is your favorite fall tradition and why?

13 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2022

Switching the heating back on and bleeding the radiators ;-)

That's not really the favourite thing of course. 

I love the leaf piles we get in a dry autumn. 

Love dashing through them throwing leaves everywhere, especially when I can borrow a dog to join me!  (We don't yet have a dog, but all but one of the dogs I know love leaf piles as much as I do.  The exception is Evie, who used to, but can't enjoy it any more because of her back problems)

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

That sounds like fun @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-! I love throwing leaves everywhere, but I typically don't get to do that. Here in Arizona, our trees don't turn colors till Dec/Jan. Have fun with your leaf piles! 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

An autumn post by someone named @Summer_Hogan - can’t beat that. Our family favorite is something we call leaf swishing. I don’t know if there is a proper name for it, but that’s what we call it. It’s when the 🍁 🍃 fall off the trees and there is an accumulation along the paths and curbs of the street and you swish your feet through the delicious, crunchy and aromatic lanes of orange, red, yellow and brown leaves that seem to be there just for us. The sensory overload that comes with the activity - sounds, smells, touch & feel and bursts of color are so calming and enjoyable for the entire family. You just need to be sure that they are dry - nothing worse than coming out the far end with dirty wet leaves stuck to your legs and shoes! 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

HAHAHA! I never thought of it that way!
That sounds like great fun and so relaxing @Andy Gladstone!

Like # people like this
Christian Happel September 30, 2022

Every year in autumn we do a family photoshoot. It helps with up-to-date pictures for Christmas cards later in the year ;-)

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

Great idea @Christian Happel!

Like # people like this
Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 30, 2022

@Summer_Hogan I live in South Florida, so we don't get much "Autumn Vibes" but my favorite thing is going to Knaus's Berry Farm. They're famous for their cinnamon buns and strawberry picking.

download.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 30, 2022

@Saralie S. yes as a California girl all this talk about "fall leaves" makes me jealous! The two pistache trees in front of our house DO change colors in fall though, and I am grateful every year that we have them!  

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

@Saralie S. those look so delicious! If I ever come to South Florida, I'll have to try those! 

@Monique vdB - I agree! Like I said above, the trees here in Phoenix don't turn colors till Dec or even Jan! That's why I travel to see the fall colors! 

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

I guess going to the beach for Thanksgiving in November is our Fall tradition. When I grew up in the UK we could go to the beach in November but it was a different kind of thing. Brrr.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

@Matt Doar - that's not a bad tradition! Going to the beach is always great! 

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

dave-adamson--nATH0CrkMU-unsplash.jpg

Photo by Dave Adamson on Unsplash

In a word, Football!  Have to root for my Boilermakers, the Browns, Cowboys, and Cardinals!

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

Nice response @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_! I'm with you and would add the Sun Devils to your list! I still root for them despite all the chaos! 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

Hmm, pumpkin spiced everything?

In the fall I can finally resume outdoor running! 🏃‍♂️

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

I'm not a fan of the PSL from Starbucks, but I do love pumpkin food! And yes @Dave Liao I can relate to the outdoorsy stuff! Hopefully here in AZ we can resume outdoor activities. Was still in the 90's this weekend so not quite yet. 

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

I take one last backpacking trip with my boys in the fall.  It is cold at night but the days are beautiful and we know it will be about six months before the snow is gone and we can do it again.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

That sounds like great fun @Brant Schroeder!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

Living in Greece, I would say that the best tradition I have is to celebrate that summer is finally over! No more sweat and bloody air condition! Normal, simple air (hhmmm.. a bit polluted) to breath in!

Finally I can enjoy a walk or a run, without having the feeling that I'm going to pass out! :D

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

I can relate to you @Alex Koxaras _Relational_! I live in Arizona and while it is a dry heat, it is still miserable here in the Summer. I can't wait to go for walks outside too! I tried yesterday and 92 degrees is still a bit too hot! 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2022

Being at the lake, crisp mornings, blazing fall colours rising in the hills on warm afternoons, roaring fires at night.
Night sky opens up and reveals all it's wonders.
Music on the record machine.
And of course the family, wife, kids, grandkids.

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2022

Ah, fall! It is my favourite season for several reasons: my birthday is on October 10th, I got married on the 12th of the same month and so there's plenty of reason to celebrate a milestone here and there 🤗.

Over the years, my wife and I have developed the tradition to go out on a weekend trip to the woods in the Ardennes, where we can fully enjoy the beautiful autumn colours, enjoy some wellness to step out of the busy everyday routine and at least have diner in a really good restaurant.

We always return home totally refreshed and relaxed after it.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2022

Happy Belated Birthday and Anniversary @Walter Buggenhout 

Your weekend trips sound so nice! 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2022

A new one from a friend:

Correcting North Americans who use the word "fall" instead of the English word "Autumn".

In her defense I will say she only does it when the North American goes on to say that they think they're speaking English.

I think I should get out more...

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2022

As Ted Lasso once said, "You spelled 'behaviour' wrong" 😂

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2022

:-)

I'm sticking with my leaf-pile answer, I just thought some may find my friend's answer amusing!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

Having moved to the States, I do enjoy the pumpkin patches and going on scenic drives to view the fall colours.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events