Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun- Weird Habits Your Pets Have?

Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 18, 2022

Hi friends! 

My name is Saralie and I have three furry baby cats. I’m also a proud cat lover! They’re all so sweet but definitely have weird behaviors and habits. 

The oldest cat, Mimi, loves to be pet....nonstop. It’s almost a part-time job. He also loves investigating just about anything. We admire his skepticism

Cookie is our sassy tabby. She’s very vocal, but her weird habit has to be watching people sleep. Yes, even guests! I don’t think personal space is in her vocabulary

And lastly, but most certainly not least, Coconut. Coconut is....special. He loves to climb doors, hide under curtains to attack you, and steals anything he can carry.

So I ask you all, what are some weird/funny habits your pets have?

4199AAC7-25B7-416C-85AA-5A57C220170D.jpg

Pictures are Mimi (left) Coconut (Right)

9 comments

Comment

Viktoriya Borisova
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 18, 2022

My cat loves puffs - it's like catnip to him

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2022

Ooh, what kind of puffs?

Like # people like this
Viktoriya Borisova
Community Manager
November 20, 2022

Cheetos, Trader Joes Puffs, or anything similar! It's wild to use because he doesn't touch any other human food. 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2022

Love it! I lived with a cat that would randomly eat human snacks. She wasn't very food motivated, I think she just liked crunchy textures :3

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

My cat loves chips too! All kinds of chips and crackers! I think he likes anything crunchy as long as it is not sweet. 

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

Proud, life-time cat guardian here.

When it is time to be fed my cats will line up always in the same order; June on the left, long-haired Eeyore in the middle, and bulls-eye striped Auggie on the right.

Also, we have an outdoor catio for these cats to lounge in, and we have a pet door for access inserted into a window opening. June will jump up on the window sill and back down again 5-10 times before she will actually push through the pet door and out to the catio.

June-Eeyore-Auggie.jpeg

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

A coterie of catty diners?

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

Aside from trying to steal all my food, this cutie pie likes to follow people into the bathroom. I think he's worried we'll fall into the toilet or something!

IMG_0995.jpg

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

Haha! That's funny @Dave Liao 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2022

My grandma's cat, the first one I spent much time with, used to meow at the back door to go out, but refuse when she saw rain.  She would then run to the front door and meow at that to check if it was raining there too.  Cats are not really supposed to have highly expressive faces, but the one day it was raining in the garden and not on the street, she looked so smug, with "I told you so"...

My old cat, that the Community has seen around, did "Pirate cat" as much as possible.  Sit on my shoulder and judge the world around her.  Whether I was sitting down, or standing, or walking around the house, it was pirate cat time.

The current two have a "where do we sit/sleep" routine - we have a sofa that has two seats (optionally occupied by humans), and two "pods" on it.  The pods are soft, mostly enclosed, cushioned cat-beds.  Before deciding which pod, human space/lap to sit on, all must be investigated and tried out at least once.  As I'm writing this, George has cureled up in pod-1, Morty jumped on Chrissy, then into pod-2, then over to pod-1, but saw it was taken, so my lap was next (legs if the laptop is here), then pod-2, then Chrissy, and she's having a bath on my legs.

Damn you floof, JUST SIT DOWN.

Like # people like this
tsmith November 21, 2022

My dog lays down while eating. Multiple houseguests have been surprised/confused to see her do it, but honestly I think she's got the right idea.

• less neck strain than reaching down to eat while standing
  • seems pretty luxe to me :)

She's also very quiet. She will bark on command and to alert us of something exciting outside, but her howls are coveted. They are a rare and celebrated thing in our house, as nothing sets her off- not other dogs, sirens, nothing. 

The only thing that semi-regularly gets a howl out of our girl is if we're outside talking to neighbors and the spotlight isn't 100% on her. It's her way of directing attention back to the main attraction!

Like # people like this
Saralie S.
Community Manager
November 21, 2022

I wish I could do the same! 😆

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

My cat has a couple of weird quirks about him. He loves sticking his tongue out! I don't know why, but he does it all the time. He also snores when he sleeps. He hangs out in my office with me while I work and people on my calls can hear him snore. It's funny. He also sleeps in weird positions such as turning his head all the way upside down and he loves sleeping in his containers. That container in the picture is from a hospital. When my mom had brain surgery many years back, she brought home that container and he hopped into it and it became his from there! Animals are so funny! Mine keeps me on my feet and entertained in life! 

Sparky1.jpgSparky 3.jpgSparky 2.jpg

Like # people like this
Marcelinoson Meates
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 1, 2022

We love pets because they help us gain a sense of responsibility, show us unconditional love, and are always there when we need them. Dogs are more high maintenance but bring many different health benefits, whereas cats, rabbits and gerbils are easy to look after, need little exercise and give our lives new meaning and purpose.

I also buy some accessories for my dog from and the quality of these products are super up.

Arianna C May 3, 2023

As a cat owner, I've noticed some strange and quirky habits that my feline friend has. One of the weirdest things my cat does is she loves to lick plastic bags. It doesn't matter if the bag is empty or has something inside of it, she just can't resist giving it a good lick. I'm not sure why she does it, but I've read that it could be because the plastic material has a similar texture to some of the materials cats like to chew on in the wild. Regardless, it's definitely an odd behavior and I always make sure to keep plastic bags out of her reach for her own safety.

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2023

I've been digging deep into the archives for some fun content to like for Likes for Trees! Stumbled on this and thought I'd chime in... Our dog somehow got into the habit of thinking my husband is ready to play when he sits down in the recliner. 😂 (That's the opposite of what James would prefer!)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events