cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - National Tortilla Chip Day! 🥑

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Happy Friday, everyone! (It's Friday in Sydney already, so I'm posting a bit early for us U.S. folks - we're almost there, everyone!)

I always love to check the National Day calendar for fun topics during standup with my teams. While checking, I noticed that February 24th is National Tortilla Chip Day! 

How do you like your tortilla chips? As nachos (which toppings do you like?), with guacamole (do you have a favorite recipe?), or are you a salsa fan?

Personally, I am a huge fan of guacamole - just an avocado, some white onion, and a bit of salt is a quick way that we enjoy it at home. I also love nachos when out with friends or our kids.

Tell us all about your favorite ways to enjoy tortilla chips!

Tortilla Chips Snacks Sticker by Zack's Mighty

P.S. I'm also curious if your country has something like the U.S. National Days Calendar?!

12 comments

Comment

Keith Sottung February 22, 2024

I'm a Neat Nachos person. Love eating them as individuals chips. One at a time. mmmm Prefer to place sour cream on using a spoon. Pick up the chip, dap on the sour cream, eat, and repeat. :-)  - btw hello from Philly. :-) 

neat nachos.png 

Like • # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2024

I'm not sure I have the patience to create such a masterpiece, but I would love for someone else to make me nachos that aren't a mess to eat and don't have a bunch of plain chips on the bottom!

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2024

Yum! I definitely prefer neat nachos!

Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

Great topic:

My favorite one is - Tortilla chips with favorite salsa for a classic and flavorful combination.
Whether it's chunky tomato salsa, spicy salsa verde, or fruity mango salsa, there's a salsa to suit every taste.Salsa.jpg

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2024

My wife makes an amazing Taco Meat Salad. 

• 1lb lean ground beef browned in a pan and cooled.
  • 2 avocados
  • Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion
  • Salsa and Lemon Juice
  • Taco/Tortilla chips pulverized and mixed in

It's my favorite, we'll make it in honor of National Tortilla Day!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2024

Replace the white onion with a red one, add some peeled and chopped tomatoes, garlic and koriander and I'm totally with you on the guacamole, @Amanda Barber

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2024

Sounds delicious!

@Walter Buggenhout - that sounds much better than my version, but sometimes easier is "good enough." :-D 

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2024

So after all of the 'full size' chips are gone, what in the heck do you do with all the tiny pieces of chips left in the bottom of the bag?  Easy, dump the chips into a bowl, spoon on a healthy serving of Salsa, Picante, or Guac.  Cheese on top is optional.  Stir it all up with a spoon, then eat it like breakfast cereal!  

Never a chip wasted from the bag!

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2024

This is a great idea @Dan Breyen! Love it! 

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2024

YUM! What a great idea!

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2024

My preference is for warm chips (chips served in a restaurant should always be warm when they arrive at your table!) with a chunky pico de gallo with lots of cilantro OR a guacamole and thinner salsa combination. 

After reading other's posts, I feel a need to make a good taco salad, though. I would use all those little pieces of chips left over in the bag for this—I always feel bad smashing up perfectly good chips.

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2024

YUM! I thnk I will need to go out for some real Mexican food soon to enjoy the amazing pico de Gallo and warm chips!

Like • Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2024

I have a favorite similar to @Keith Sottung's. I love tortilla chips with bean dip and cheese on them. After they are baked and in all their melty goodness, I add a dollop of sour cream to each one. It's a lot easier than it sounds. I also enjoy my chips with salsa and sour cream or with guacamole too! YUM! Now you made me hungry @Amanda Barber!

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2024

Reading these made me hungry! I added a little queso to my lunch today and ate the rest of the queso with some tortilla chips! 🤤

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2024

Yum, so many great ideas, everyone! Happy Friday and I hope you all enjoy something tasty to celebrate this weekend!

Chips, Dip & Salsa | Mexican Catering | Moe's Southwest Grill

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2024

And now I have to have a margarita and chips with guac.  🤤🥑 Happy Friday, everyone!

Vronik February 26, 2024

My favorite recipe is:
Avocado
Onion
Tomatoes and a spicy touch

In Spain, where I live, there are also national calendar days

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2024

Sorry I'm late to this one!  I'm celiac, so tortilla chips are a staple snack for me being corn based.  I love using them in any form:

• As a dipper for salsa or guacamole
  • Baked into nachos with a a number of toppings
  • crushed up and sprinkled into a salad

Great topic this week @Amanda Barber!

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2024

Yum, so glad you don't miss out on tortilla chips! Also, glad you live in the times where Celiacs have more options than they used to. :-D 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2024

@Amanda Barber I like nachos that are overloaded with goodness.  The more toppings the better.  Something you can sit down to as a meal and share with others.

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2024

YUM! Agreed - I always love finding restaurants that do a great job layering the toppings for better distribution, too.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Barbecue nachos (or nachos al pastor) are the best! Chips and a great salsa are one of the most perfect appetizers!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events