cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: Geek kit

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

So, most, if not all, of us are very well aware that Atlassian (and its partner companies) is a t-shirt company that sometimes does software.  A lot of us have Atlassian/partner "swag", and there have been a lot of conversations about what we all have.

For a "Friday fun", I thought it might be interesting to go outside Atlassian.  There is a long story here, which I will not bore you with, but a couple of years after I joined Adaptavist, our CEO, @Simon Haighton-Williams introduced me to new people (a new Adaptavist, an Atlassian, and another partner) with something along the lines of "and this is Nic, who has the most geeky lines of not-Atlassian t-shirts I've ever seen".  

So the Friday fun question is: What is the geekiest / most obscure not-Atlassian t-shirt you have and still use?  

But that's a bit limited, I'm totally interested in other stuff, it's not about the t-shirts.  Show us your socks, backpacks, hats, cars, clocks, whatever.  Just show us the geek stuff that isn't Atlassian.

For bonus points, can we get a photo, without naming just how obscure it is, and play a game of "where the heck is that from"? 

I'm going to open with my favourite non-Atlassian geek t-shirt, huge Kudos will go to the first person who works it out (who isn't Russel King or Dan Francis because they already know)

c8d056c2-b3d9-4b39-99ab-515b731914b5.jpeg

7 comments

Comment

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

lol, coincidence! I'm wearing a custom geek shirt from Trip.com Group today.

微信图片_20221209084751.jpg

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

@Ollie Guan - loving that you threw yourself in with the geek thing as hard as we could.  Now, where can the rest of us get one?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Ouch, I'm not a geek I'm afraid, I only have hard/rock metal t-shirts.

Still an interesting topic to follow though ...

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2022

@Dave Mathijs - I admit most of my metal shirts gradually got supplanted by the Atlassian stuff over the years.  I think all I've got left is the leather jacket (and my old LUAS shirt with a drunk mummy on it, although that's not very metal, like Adrian was)

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I remember my dad wasn't happy when I wore the 1988 GN'R Lies t-shirt at age 15, especially the back side (won't post it here although it's censored).

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

Not really a geek either - though I would say I love the idea of processes more than technology itself. Would my Old Street Solutions t-shirt be considered geeky?   :-p

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

So, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- what is the shirt's meaning? 😊

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2023

Probably the most obscure one I have, which is why I picked it.

One clue - imagine that the design is a flattened loop.  That is, if you printed it out and wrapped it around a bracelet, it would look like the original object.

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

I'm stumped 😂

I even asked my self proclaimed nerd of a husband. His best guess was the Patreon logo. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2023

Look at the chap in red in this TV programme (yes, it was a long time ago!)

Blake's 7 - Countdown - Visual Mutterings

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events