Friday Fun: Dry T-Shirt Competition - What's your BEST (Atlassian) T-Shirt!?

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2018

[Note: So it was my turn for Friday Fun and sadly I was sick thanks to rubbish sinus infection... so apologies to most of Europe and Asia for the delayed post. However, I finally got out of bed for the beloved community so here's my humble post]

What is your BEST (Atlassian) work related T-Shirt !?

T-Shirt.jpg

And yes, this is a competition! Best T-Shirts will win some super Yummy Dutch chocolate courtesy of my company, TWNKLS Augmented Reality! :)

T-Shirt.jpg

The singular rule is simple : post a photo of you in your best T-Shirt. It must be work related and if possible have a great story behind it.

(Maybe not everyone is lucky enough to have an Atlassian shirt so we accept any T-Shirts, especially ones with an epic/funny story behind them! There will be winners selected from: Atlassian Users, Atlassian Partners, Atlassian Community Managers, and Atlassian Employees).

I've done the first post to get the ball rolling, and don't worry, mine doesn't count for the competition! :oD

[Competition closes on Weds 12th December at 23h00 PST ! Winners will be announced on the 13th. Prize may differ to one shown above.]

13 comments

Comment

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2018

This is me with the TWNKLS | AR sports shirt that we made for an City Obstacle Running event in the summer. 

The funny story behind this is two-fold: 1) The Creative Director was NOT happy with its simplicity (just plain black with T logo on front and company logo on back, both in white) and 2) people signed up for the 10km course without realising what they were getting into... they were NOT amused. :oP

AUG-RDM_LeaderProfile_ANDY.jpg

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2018

I'm totally jealous of that koozie!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2018

@Larry Brock _Praecipio Consulting_ : it was in the November SWAG at our local AUG event.... if you're a member of yours check with the Leaders if they can arrange ! :D

Larry Brock _Praecipio Consulting_ December 10, 2018

Thanks Andy - I'm fortunate to be a member, and former leader, of the Austin AUG so maybe some of my Austin co-conspirators will have a line on one. I'm also working in Houston, TX this week and will be attending the Houston AUG meeting on Wed evening.  Perhaps the fabulous Celina Zamora-Torrez will bring some with her!  If not, I'm invading the Austin Atlassian office! ;-)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2018

Welcome!
Nice one @Larry Brock _Praecipio Consulting_: sounds like you'll be in possession of one pretty darn soon! :oD
Have fun at the Houston AUG !

dinesh anz December 7, 2018

This one is my favorite one as AUG LEADER and my first travel outside my country... Yes it is barcelona summitIMG_20180903_075201_Bokeh.jpgIMG_20180903_195806.jpg

Like # people like this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2018

Well....I can't say I have a "work related" t-shirt photo; I just have one work t-shirt for the Cleveland AUG, and no pictures. (Sad, I know. I need more swag and more pictures.)

What I do have is a number of t-shirts from my volunteer work as a photographer for various pet shelters and welfare groups in Cleveland. 

IMG_5723.JPG

This was from a wellness event sponsored by a group that provides low-cost spay and neuter services in Cleveland. This event serviced one of the poorest one-square-mile areas in the city and provided free vet check-ups, spay-neuter surgeries, food, vaccinations, and micro-chipping for the entire neighborhood. This kitten was bought in with 4 litter-mates that were found under a porch; they had just opened their eyes, so they were maybe a week or so old.

I photographed the entire day, edited a set of images, and gave them to the organization to use however they liked. This was in 2015 and the pictures can still be found all over their advertisements, in some local magazines, and a few have been on billboards around town. 

Here's a link to some of them on Facebook..I think most are mine.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/petfixneo/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155918215345652&ref=page_internal

I hope it counts, I think it is epic.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2018

Damn straight this counts @Scott Theus !! One of the most epic stories I've ever heard. I love hearing about happy animal stories!

Like Scott Theus likes this
Matt Doar December 7, 2018

matt_atlassian_town_hall_dec_2018.jpg

You can't quite see it but that is me on the right wearing an Atlassian User Group t-shirt.

I wore it for the internal Atlassian weekly broadcast yesterday.

Thanks to all who were there, in SF or remotely

Like # people like this
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 8.16.23 PM.png

So I have the pleasure of working for Isos Technology, an Atlassian Premier Partner. We all go through a sales course and it's pretty lengthy and has quizzes. But there are a few parts where there aren't any quizzes. And so the shirt represents the screens that do not have quizzes a.k.a. happiness. 

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2018

Love it!

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

I'm feelin' ya, @Mary Ramirez!  That's a long and sometimes tedious Tech Sales Training course.  However, I do give Atlassian Credit, it _is_ thorough.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2018

@Andy - PTC Redundant - what is the deadline for entries? Here in future land (New Zealand) I had left work before this was posted and I do not have have t-shirt photos handy.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2018

@Kat Warner: I've gone with Weds 12th December at 23h00 PST (that's US east coast) 
Is there still enough time for you to sort out an awesome Future Land pic in the coming days !?

(PS: for New Year's eve, are New Zealanders happy that you get to celebrate midnight as one of the first in the world... or bummed out that at 6am the party is going on strong around the rest of the world?)

Like Peter Van de Voorde likes this
Peter Van de Voorde
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2018

This is a great Competition, I have so many Atlassian t-shirts and so many pictures wearing them. But here are some of my favourites:

(Me and my oldest sporting the same t-shirt :) )

(Me sporting a JavaPolis 2007 (my second ever developer conference t-shirt) at JavaOne 2008 after meeting James Gosling (the father of Java). I won a trip to JavaOne during JavaPolis 2007 and that trip basically kickstarted my career path into developer advocacy).

(Me and my team on a day trip to the Blue Mountains. I'm wearing one of my favourite app vendor t-shirts that basically sums up our purpose in life: "Be a f*cking Legend" (to your family, your friends, your coworkers, to everybody).)

That's it for me (for now ;) )

Cheers,

Peter

Like # people like this
Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2018

I got into my 'wayback machine' and found this picture of me in my Badgr shirt presenting at the Atlassian Summit 2013.

It's one of my favorites moments and in retrospect, kicked off some very exciting times!

atlassian_summit_2013.jpg

My 2nd favorite shirt is the Stash Industries shirt I have, commemoration the first release of Stash. Still got the shirt, but the photo is lost somewhere... The shirt was gifted to me by Jens Schumacher (name dropping...) and I am, so far as I know, the only non-atlassian getting the shirt :D

Thanks, @Andy - PTC Redundant for the competition and making me feel a bit of an Atlassian old-timer ;-)

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2018

Epic! Nice one @Stefan Kohler. Great entry ! You are most welcome. Hahaha!

Like Peter Van de Voorde likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
December 11, 2018

Since starting at TechTime I have amassed more t-shirts than I think I have ever owned before. I have even started converting tees to bags and am thinking of turning my newest acquisition (XL community shirt for posting my first Community article) into a dress.

Here is me representing TechTime at a trade show.

Capture 2018-12-12 at 8.58.43.png

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2018

@Kat Warner : That sounds like an excellent hobby ! ! :oD Hope the dress turns out nice!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 11, 2018

Here I am right now, wearing our Pride shirt from this year, with @Claire Cook's 80s neckline treatment:

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 5.07.28 PM.png

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2018

A live photo! How awesome @Monique vdB ! ! great submital for the competition.

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2018

Need this @Monique vdB

Like Monique vdB likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2018

Sorry for being a little late to the party but I was working out of town and just back this morning.  This is my favorite Atlassian shirt primarily because it's one I had to earn:

IMG_7431.JPG

This one doesn't qualify as a t-shirt obviously but it's my go-to Atlassian show-off shirt and again, had to earn it.

IMG_7435.JPG

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
December 13, 2018

A swag shirt? Now that is classy swag!

Larry Brock _Praecipio Consulting_ December 13, 2018

Swag in the sense that it has the company Logo (not necessarily that it was "free").  :-)

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2018

@Larry Brock _Praecipio Consulting_ : Everything about that shirt is Legendary! 

🤩🤘

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2018

People can still post awesome pics of their t-shirts, but for now the competition has been closed and the Jury will make their decision by end of next week!

CompetitionCLosed.jpg

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2019

Hi @Andy - PTC Redundant - did you ever announce winners?

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2019

@LarryBrock:

I apologise sincerely to everyone waiting on this but no, I did not . . . to be honest, had a bit of a meltdown at work during Christmas / New Year and 2019 started with even more ferocity and velocity than 2018. #Relentless

That said... watch out for this space this Sunday coming!!

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 30, 2019

Life is what happens when you make other plans :)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2019

Yup! Ain't that the cold hard truth ! :oD

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
February 18, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant  - what Sunday is "this Sunday"? :p

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2019

@Kat Warner : Sunday 14th of April 2019 ! ! ! ! ! ! !

My March woes are over..... I am now mentally stable enough to make a nice blog on the weekend!

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
April 15, 2019

Glad to hear you are feeling better and you are sensible enough to prioritise yourself over fun but optional things like the Community.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 6, 2019

I have to share my new, custom-made shirt from the amazing @Fadoua!!! I'm wearing it today 😄

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 11.20.20 AM.png

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2019

@Monique vdB : this is TOO much wow for me to handle. That is hands down the best T-Shirt in the UNIVERSE! It suits you well and it is thoroughly deserved too! 

QueenMO.jpg

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2019

Ladies and Germs, I believe we have a contest winner!  :-D  What say you @Andy - PTC Redundant ?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events